The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups

2 posters

Go down

Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups Empty Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups

Post by ErikMouse January 1st 2012, 12:19

I am not sure where to file this under, but I would like to register a complaint regarding http://bowser123sforum.forumotion.co.uk/ about the use of false sign-ups in attempt to get members since there is only one member on that forum, whoever Admin is. This is the e-mail complete with headers in the spoiler. If this was the wrong place, then I would need to find out where to register the complaint with then.

Spoiler:
ErikMouse

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups Empty Re: Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups

Post by Sanket January 1st 2012, 12:42

Its a system generated email i think which is sent because you were inactive & the admin chose to send it. You can delete yourself from that forum, if you registered.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups Empty Re: Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups

Post by ErikMouse January 1st 2012, 12:49

Sanket wrote:Its a system generated email i think which is sent because you were inactive & the admin chose to send it. You can delete yourself from that forum, if you registered.
Problem though is I have never signed up for that forum before.
ErikMouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 1st 2012, 12:55

Can you please post a screenshot of this email you received?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by ErikMouse January 1st 2012, 13:09

Sanket wrote:Can you please post a screenshot of this email you received?
Okay, here is the screenshot that I have of it
Complaint regarding a forum using false sign-ups Falsesignup1
ErikMouse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 1st 2012, 13:18

Possibly, some user used your email address to register on that forum. Its not there anymore.
If you get anymore such emails, you can come back.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down