The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to this; just need a few questions answered...

3 posters

Go down

In progress New to this; just need a few questions answered...

Post by ForumNewbie101 January 2nd 2012, 5:18 pm

Hey all, Just had a few questions that need answering before I go ahead and do anything. I'm inexperienced with this sort of thing so cut me some slack if my questions seem stupid. Embarassed

1) Storage space; what does it take into account (avatars, signatures, posts etc?), and when would I need to consider upgrading (if the board were to have hundreds of members, for example)?

2) If I choose to in years to come, is it possible to have all the data (users, posts etc) on my Forumotion board transferred to a board I've purchased a license for (IE. It's on my own hosting etc)?
ForumNewbie101

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New to this; just need a few questions answered...

Post by The Lone Ranger January 3rd 2012, 2:39 pm

Hi, on our forum I've found the storage space only goes down when members add photos to the "Gallery". Also if you can use your own e-mail address to "Host" images, then this has no impact on your storage space. (AP>Misc>Hosting>Image host)

Re question 2. I don't think you are allowed to transfer data to another site.
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Male Posts : 443
Language : English

http://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: New to this; just need a few questions answered...

Post by Base January 3rd 2012, 5:50 pm

Hi, please can you change your title to something more related to your problem?

Regarding the first question, the storage space takes the gallery and attachments into account, as far as I know.

mermaid is correct for the second question. It is not possible to transfer your data to another host because Forumotion does not hand out its databases. Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum