The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive?

3 posters

Go down

Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive? Empty Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive?

Post by Renetona 4/1/2012, 01:03

Forgive me to pester everyone once again but I have a new problem.
My forum has the mobile view change set to it as when I checked from my Playstation Portable to see the difference, and I have already seen the "can only view, but not post yet" warning on the announcement of it; however, when trying to switch back to the classic view, I can't get it to work as it acts as if it is only just text but everything else works normal. Does anyone else have this issue? I know it's not my PSP that's bugged to do that either as I have tried it on another and yet it still does the same results. I even tried other forums and they do the same thing. ...

I have kept silent about this for at least an entire year expecting it was only a minor error, but..... beu

Also I hope this is not a massively repeated report; I've checked around and yet I saw no similar reports to this yet. If it seems like a duplicate, delete this on contact, but I do wish to understand the cause of this error and if it can be fixed if possible.
Renetona
Renetona

Female Posts : 20
Language : English, Japanese (minor), Spanish (minor)

http://heavenssolice.sephorum.com

Back to top Go down

Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive? Empty Re: Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive?

Post by kirk 4/1/2012, 01:11

i dont know about play station, but when i am on my ipod i have to click classic view in order to see how the forum appears normally.

You may have to call or contact play station support or something?

and what do you mean by this?

My forum has the mobile view change set

what Mobil setting, i dont recall forumotion having any mobil settings in the acp, unless it's something newer i forgot, or am unfamiliar with?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive? Empty Re: Mobile Error: "Classic View" button inactive?

Post by Renetona 4/1/2012, 01:16

Oh sorry, I hope it didn't sound too complex, but to say it in a much easier view if it did:

Since at times I can't reach my PC, I have a PSP that connects to the net. I was certainly able to go to my forum on it in "classc view" (showing everything as it is normally meant to be seen) before, but when the "mobile view" was released, I can't switch back to normal view anymore;

the text at the bottom which was supposed to work by clicking the "classic view" text does nothing, so it seems I'm stuck being unable to post anything from any mobile device for my forum now. it is in regards of this announcement made long ago. shaking

out of curiousity however, will there be a better update of that system for portable devices?
Renetona
Renetona

Female Posts : 20
Language : English, Japanese (minor), Spanish (minor)

http://heavenssolice.sephorum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 4/1/2012, 07:26

No one can really confirm if there will be a update of the system for portable device unless officially announced.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk 4/1/2012, 09:39

Oh ok , the pic in the screen shot is what i get on my ipod, then i hit classic view and it comes up with the forum/forums as they should appear.

So yeah, i guess all you can d is try back, i think there was a couple times mine was stuck in that view but went on different times and it was fine.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down