The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A suggestion

2 posters

Go down

A suggestion Empty A suggestion

Post by dwjeanes Thu 12 Jan - 3:21

i hope this does not count as spam. I was in the process of creating and customizing my forum and suffered a spilled drink on my kb. Unfortunately, the result was that my admin password was munged, as i was changing it when the accident occurred. i am informed that i must have two posts just to get my admin password reset.

That requirement led to this post. I understand the reasoning behind this rule, but since I am still in the first day of use, and had not even registered here yet, it is extremely annoying to have to find a reason to make two posts just to get my password reset.

Now my problem is finding another reason to post. Sigh. this is so annoying.

meh. nevermind. i'll just start over.
dwjeanes

Language : english

Back to top Go down

A suggestion Empty Re: A suggestion

Post by MrMario Thu 12 Jan - 6:13

Hello,

As for this, we had to installed this rule due to PM spammers who were spamming users and we weren't able to prevent this. With adding this we were able to stop it and from growing. Its not really that hard to post something. You could post in the Forum Discussion section. As for lowering or changing this, I can say since it does work, I won't be changing.

Sorry.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

A suggestion Empty re

Post by dwjeanes Thu 12 Jan - 22:06

Your website, your rules. No problem with that. If that is the only/best way to combat the spam problem, so be it. I don't have to like it, and as a user of the service, I am free to look elsewhere for services. Since you showed no concern for my issue, only for the sanctity of the "rules", I shall do so.

Please accept my thanks for the trial of your free forums. I do wish you continued success, but I cannot endorse your customer service or support requirements.

Regards,
Dave Jeanes
dwjeanes

Language : english

Back to top Go down

A suggestion Empty Re: A suggestion

Post by MrMario Fri 13 Jan - 0:39

Sorry about that, its something that had to be done, in order to stop spam. If you want the spam, I'll remove it. Fine by that. You are free to leave as you feel.

=> Topic Locked
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum