The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Permissions/background

4 posters

Go down

Solved Permissions/background

Post by Wilku January 30th 2012, 04:24

Problem 1:I need help with setting up permission for ranks, e.g. I have a MOTD rank which is selcted as a special rank but I want it to be the same as a member rank, also I have a Super Moderator rank which I want to have same powers as Admin but I do not know how to do that, please help.

Problem 2:I cannot change the background of my forum, I tried diffrent images but still dosent work, am I doing somthing wrong. I change it in the DISPLAY/PICS MANAGMENT/ADVANCE MODE and then change the background picture (page) but still is the same, please help..
Wilku

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Permissions/background

Post by kirk January 30th 2012, 04:57

Ranks do not have permissions/powers unless you set up a group for the rank and have the groups permissions set to moderate or whatever other permissions you wish to allow for the group..

Also you can only assign one rank per member, Unless you created a image with two ranks on it.

If you want a super moderator rank to have admin powers, Then you have to create a group called Super moderator and have the members in both Admin group and super moderator group. (Basically they are now admins)

In order for the super-mod group color to show as a super-mod and not a Admin color, You will want to place the super-mod group over top of the Admin group in the ACP groups managements.

In addition, If your members click on admin group, Your super-mods will still appear in the Admin group as well, So the only way for your members not see them, would be to render the Admin group Hidden, When Administrators post on the forum hey will show along with the rank, Other then that the admin group will just be hidden.. Unfortunately if you do not want your members to see super-mods in the admin group, Then the only option you have is to make the admin group hidden.

As far as the background image goes, If it is not changing through your pic's management, then must mean you have it in your css sheet, which is probably the case since you are using phpbb3.. It depends what skin you used.

But yeah it would change in pic's management if it was not in css.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilku January 30th 2012, 05:41

Thanks for the help, Ill get to work now.
Wilku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 30th 2012, 09:53

Let us know, if it was sorted for you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilku January 30th 2012, 12:55

Yes,its sorted now once again thanks.
Wilku

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 30th 2012, 12:57

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray January 30th 2012, 13:00

Wilku wrote:Yes,its sorted now once again thanks.

Topic Solved & Locked

Permissions/background Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down