The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Like button in forum posts

2 posters

Go down

In progress Like button in forum posts

Post by Allfishworld February 3rd 2012, 4:30 am

I know that with other forum software it's possible to add stuff like F like, and +1 to all posts.
Is this possible with PHBB, and Forumotion ? If so how do I go about doing this ? I can add these buttons to my forum body, but I think it would be much more effective to add them to the posts.
Allfishworld
Allfishworld
Forumember

Male Posts : 38
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Like button in forum posts

Post by WHITESABBATH February 4th 2012, 12:59 pm

Allfishworld wrote:I know that with other forum software it's possible to add stuff like F like, and +1 to all posts.
Is this possible with PHBB, and Forumotion ? If so how do I go about doing this ? I can add these buttons to my forum body, but I think it would be much more effective to add them to the posts.

I think this is what you're looking for
https://help.forumotion.com/t84472-tuesday-tip-reputation-system-only-allow-positive-votes
WHITESABBATH
WHITESABBATH
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1198
Language : English, F-Bombs

Back to top Go down

Post by Allfishworld February 4th 2012, 2:15 pm

Well, what I'm really trying to do is add a Facebook Like module to the bottom of all posts, so that when someone posts something that's informative, or newsworthy it can be shared directly on Facebook. Facebook users then could go to that post read, share and like again. I have seen this on blogs. I am happy with the current reputation system, and don't care to change the image. Thanks for trying to help, maybe I should have explained better.

( Facebook like module here.) bounce
Allfishworld
Allfishworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Allfishworld February 5th 2012, 4:44 am

These are the scripts from google, and facebook.

<!-- Place this tag where you want the +1 button to render -->
<g:plusone size="small"></g:plusone>

<!-- Place this render call where appropriate -->
<script type="text/javascript">
(function() {
var po = document.createElement('script'); po.type = 'text/javascript'; po.async = true;
po.src = 'https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);
})();
</script>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<div id="fb-root"></div>
<script>(function(d, s, id) {
var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];
if (d.getElementById(id)) return;
js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;
js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1&appId=311175752262268";
fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);
}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-like" data-href="http://allfishworld.forumotion.com" data-send="false" data-layout="button_count" data-width="90" data-show-faces="false" data-font="arial"></div>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

both of these codes generate social linking buttons. My goal here isn't to change my image for reputation, but to actually put one of these social plugins in my forum posts so that I can gain advertisement through google, or facebook if possible.
Allfishworld
Allfishworld
Forumember

Back to top Go down