The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Profile Postion, Favicon post and over-lapping text

3 posters

Go down

In progress Profile Postion, Favicon post and over-lapping text

Post by Harlequinn February 4th 2012, 4:11 am

Hi all! First off, want to say "thanks" for my new forumotion forum. Setup was easy and things are working well and looking good!

I'm having a couple of small issues that i'm a little embarrassed to be posting about as the fixes seem so easy in what i've been reading, but i can't get either of these items working on my page for some reason.

Here's my page: http://viperconnect.canadian-forum.com/

No.1: I've gone into general -> configuration and changed "profile position" to left, and hit save. Profiles are still shown on the right. I've cleared my cache, still no joy.

No.2: I've made a 16x16 pixel .png file and put it on my host site, tried linking to it in general -> configuration and posting the http:// link in the "forum favicon" section, but i'm still seeing the default, green bubble. Again, i've tried clearing my cache. Here's a test link to my favicon: Profile Postion, Favicon post and over-lapping text 16 Yup... the link is working. I've tried posting the address only, and with the [img][/img] tags.

Finally, No.3: I've got some overlapping text below my search box ("your last visit" and the "mark all posts as read"). Couldn't figure out how to fix that up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Harlequinn

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Profile Postion, Favicon post and over-lapping text

Post by MrMario February 4th 2012, 7:46 pm

1. Is it showing for other users on the left?
2. I'm seeing it.
3. I'm not seeing any overlapping text.
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinn February 4th 2012, 8:14 pm

MrMario wrote:1. Is it showing for other users on the left?
2. I'm seeing it.
3. I'm not seeing any overlapping text.

Thanks MrMario.

2. I just figured out the favicon issue. I used an online image converter to save my favicon as a .ico file... now it's all working fine. I wonder if you just happened to check in once i got it worked out (was just coming here to post that i had), or if you actually saw the .png image. Either way, i'm glad that is dealt with.

1 and 3. I only have 1 site member so far (HA!), so i'll have to ask him how it looks to him. I'm still seeing the profile position on the right in posts and the text overlapping. It's been like this for at least 24 hours. Why would it look different for others?

Thanks again!
Harlequinn

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMario February 4th 2012, 9:23 pm

1. Try resetting the options again.
3. Might be the widget you have installed (Team Speak)
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinn February 6th 2012, 4:53 am

I visited the site from a different browser (safari on an iPad) and the text wasn't overlapping, but myself (IE 9) and another (firefox) are seeing the overlapping text still. Any suggestions?

I've tried disabling my teamspeak widget, but i'm still seeing the profile position on the right. Doesn't change regardless of what i do.

Thanks again.
Harlequinn

Back to top Go down

Post by ProphecyCSS February 6th 2012, 5:39 am

Some errors will not be resolved unless u go into your CSS Style Sheet and fix them but you got to know ur navigation in your css style sheet
ProphecyCSS
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlequinn February 6th 2012, 5:42 am

ProphecyCSS wrote:Some errors will not be resolved unless u go into your CSS Style Sheet and fix them but you got to know ur navigation in your css style sheet

Geez... i don't think that is going to be happening!! I don't want to be porking my forum!

Any idea where i could look in the code to find this sort of thing? I don't want to be going in blindly.

Thanks for the help.
Harlequinn

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum