The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed.

3 posters

Go down

Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed. Empty Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed.

Post by xsdenied February 9th 2012, 12:48 am

Posting from youtube using old embed code works nicely.

BUT when someone (anyone) quotes that post, and tries to preview it, all they see is a blank white page.

Is this a bug? If yes, then how can I resolve it for my members?
xsdenied
Forumember

Male Posts : 37
Language : English

http://www.destinycrew.org

Back to top Go down

Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed. Empty Re: Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed.

Post by Sir Chivas™ February 9th 2012, 12:54 am

May, i get the link of your forums?
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed. Empty Re: Posts with Youtube videos can't be previewed.

Post by xsdenied February 9th 2012, 12:57 am

Sir Chivas™️ wrote:May, i get the link of your forums?

destinycrew.org
destinycrew.com
destiny.mo-rpg.com

All the same location, take your pick Smile
xsdenied
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ February 9th 2012, 1:00 am

Were exactly can i view a topic were they ''Quoted'' a video?
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by xsdenied February 9th 2012, 1:09 am

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Were exactly can i view a topic were they ''Quoted'' a video?

New embed code can be quoted (2nd video in the thread) Old Embed Code can't be quoted.

Problem isn't with embed. Its with Previewing the quote or post with the new OR old embed code.

Thread with quotes (or to quote) http://www.destinycrew.org/t3365-mass-effect-song-commander-shepard-is-still-alive

xsdenied
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk February 10th 2012, 3:53 am

I don't understand that post, you have two post with two different video and the quote text is from EvilChrisPriestly and the first post is from a member Xs So it seems the quote has been copied from somewhere else?

So if you can please provide a better link with real explanation of what you mean, there is no way to tell from that post unless you go ahead and quote the whole second post video and all your self now Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by xsdenied February 12th 2012, 12:30 am

kirk wrote:I don't understand that post, you have two post with two different video and the quote text is from EvilChrisPriestly and the first post is from a member Xs So it seems the quote has been copied from somewhere else?

So if you can please provide a better link with real explanation of what you mean, there is no way to tell from that post unless you go ahead and quote the whole second post video and all your self now Smile

Ok I get it why you might be getting confused. I'll clarify. Smile

1. If someone has used the old embed code from youtube to post a video on the forums, it can be quoted, BUT the poster of the new post cannot preview their post. e.g. I'm Xs on the forums, you can try to quote that first post in the same thread.
Problem --> when previewing a post (new OR quote) which contains the old embed code from youtube you see a blank page.

2. If someone has used the new embed code from youtube to post a video on the forums, it can be quoted, BUT the poster of the new post cannot preview their post. e.g. Devily's post contains the new embed code from youtube. 2nd post in the thread.
Problem --> when previewing a post (new or quote) which contains the new embed code from youtube you see a blank page.

Better? If not, lemme know and I'll make a fraps video doing this and share the link Smile
xsdenied
Forumember

Back to top Go down