The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chatbox is messing up

4 posters

Go down

Completed Chatbox is messing up

Post by Panda Aru March 9th 2012, 8:09 pm

On my forum, I was changing the position of the chat box while editing the site, and whenever I refreshed the page to see how it looked, the entire bottom half of my forum wasn't there (it was like someone had cut it all off). The position of the chat box before I moved it was up top, but I moved it down, and it made everything disappear. The topics and threads themselves are still there, but they don't appear unless the chat box is set at the top of the forum page, and then the chat box itself isn't even there so you have to click the [join chat] at the bottom of the site! Please help, it's irritating.

Also; there's another glitch on my forum where I made a member an administrator for a temporary amount of time, only whenever I tried to take away the position, it wouldn't work and so they have the same rights, and I can't remove them as a chat box moderator either.

Here's the forum's link: http://www.hetalia-rp.com/

Last edited by Panda Aru on March 13th 2012, 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Panda Aru

Female Posts : 4
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Completed Re: Chatbox is messing up

Post by MrMario March 10th 2012, 4:42 am

Hello,

Screenshot of the chatbox.

Remove the user who has mod access in chatbox by going to modules // chatbox
MrMario
MrMario
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 22186
Language : test

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Aru March 10th 2012, 7:57 am

The chatbox doesn't appear at all, but you can still join chat at the bottom of the page. It's like the chatbox itself was deactivated; it is activated though and is supposed to be at the top of the page (which it's not). I can't really get a picture right now, but I will whenever I have a better connection.

The user's name doesn't appear in the chatbox moderators section, I've tried to add them to it to see if it would trigger anything or something, but it says they already had rights to the chatbox, even though their name isn't showing.
Panda Aru

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ March 10th 2012, 8:09 am

Acp>>Modules>>Chatbox>>Configuration>make sure it's on display either bottom or above homepage.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Aru March 10th 2012, 3:52 pm

Chatbox is messing up Untitled-1
This is what it looks like whenever it's set on the bottom of the page; the chatbox itself shows up, but nothing else besides that. Whenever it's at the top on display, everything but the chatbox shows up.
Panda Aru

Back to top Go down

Post by omar2012 March 10th 2012, 3:59 pm

Did you added any code to the css before or after this problem ??? if yes remove it and every thing gonna be okay .. This happened with me two times ..
omar2012
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Aru March 10th 2012, 4:07 pm

Yes, I did before it acted up, and I guess that's what triggered it, but I removed it immediately afterwards and nothing happened; I just now checked the CSS and it's blank...
Panda Aru

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum