The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meta tags get automatically deleted.

3 posters

Go down

Meta tags get automatically deleted. Empty Meta tags get automatically deleted.

Post by Richardr 11/1/2008, 01:27

When I go to my meta-tag input box, I find that those tags that extended beyond the visible portion of the box are gone. Only the text that was in the visible part remains.
This also means the ending tag of the code is gone.
Why is this and can it be fixed?

Also, can code from two meta tag generators be inputted at the same time?
Richardr
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Meta tags get automatically deleted. Empty Re: Meta tags get automatically deleted.

Post by Blax 11/1/2008, 02:34

It will still work idk why the code gets cut off but the code will still work also i think it may be possible to put the meta tag's in a once but I've never tried.
Blax
Blax
Forumember

Male Posts : 262
Language : English

http://real.omgforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Meta tags get automatically deleted. Empty Re: Meta tags get automatically deleted.

Post by zinex 11/1/2008, 04:28

meta tages should be hidden, as there is no need for people to see them, but dont worry the bots will still find them and you can tell if they are there, by right clicking on your forum and clicking view source, the code that comes up should contain your meta tags somewhere near the top Smile
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr 11/1/2008, 06:00

zinex wrote:meta tages should be hidden, as there is no need for people to see them,
They are hidden and I don't want anyone to see them. I'm talking about the admin' panel input field, where I enters the code for the tags.

...you can tell if they are there, by right clicking on your forum and clicking view source, the code that comes up should contain your meta tags somewhere near the top Smile
Thanks, I tried that and it confirms that most of them have been deleted. Only those in the visible part of the admin panel's meta tag entry box are left.

Perhaps this is another way of asking: What is the maximum number of characters the meta tag field can take?
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Richardr 12/1/2008, 01:00

Bump.
Richardr
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum