The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs!

5 posters

Go down

PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs! Empty PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs!

Post by Rukiafan March 16th 2012, 21:37

Okay first off my cpu can't use the CSS tool so Javascript or Html is preferred to remedy my issues.

Problem 1- My members keep using absurdly small or large avatars on my forum and I would like to automatically resize them to 100x100 px which I already did for my blog posts.

Problem 2- how can I disable images in the signatures? Too many are bogging my site down, and making it look unprofessional.

Problem 3- How can I limit signature sizes to only 350 symbols?

My website is here. http://www.wiiwarewave.com

Last edited by Rukiafan on March 28th 2012, 09:33; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Lol I keep editing the wrong thing.)
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs! Empty Re: PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs!

Post by Guest March 16th 2012, 21:40

1. Go to Administration Panel => Display => Avatars => Avatar gallery => Personal avatars => Personal gallery => Maximum Avatar File Size;

2. I need your forum url.

3. https://help.forumotion.com/t88670-users-tuesday-tips-add-a-counter-to-the-quick-reply-extended-reply-pm-s-the-signature-by-darren

Back to top Go down

PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs! Empty Re: PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs!

Post by Rukiafan March 16th 2012, 21:47

I don't want to restrict my members to finding different avatars, plus it won't stop them from using tiny avatars so I want the site to automatically resize the avatars to a set 100x100 px size. Wink

Problem 3 should be solved with your link though. Wink

I still need to disable pics in signatures though. :|

My url is in my first post http://www.wiiwarewave.com
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ March 16th 2012, 22:02

Avatars: https://help.forumotion.com/t35092-how-to-setup-members-avatar-s-sizes

Signatures: ACP>>General>>Messages &Emails >>Configurations>>Display to guest signature from: your option.

Acp>>Users & Groups>>Users Options>>Users Settings>>allow signature: your option.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 16th 2012, 22:08

Problem 1 should be solved.

@Sir Chivas I want to disable images in the sig not remove the sigs completely.
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest March 16th 2012, 22:15

Add this to your CSS Stylesheet:
Code:
.sig-content img{
display: none !important;
}

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 16th 2012, 22:25

Okay I'll try that. Wink

problem 1 isn't solved I want to resize all avatars to 100x100 px not merely limit the maximum size.
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 16th 2012, 22:44

Okay problem 2 and 3 are solved, but I still need help with a code that resizes avatars to 100x100 px in the forums only, as I already have a code for the blogs.
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 17th 2012, 02:55

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

PunBB Resize Avatar in Forum Posts Not in Blogs! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 17th 2012, 03:34

Sorry. Sad
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 20th 2012, 23:07

Does anyone have an answer to my problem regarding avatar sizes in the forums?
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 21st 2012, 05:19

You can set the maximum avatar file size on your forum here:
Admin Panel > Display > Avatar Gallery > personal avatars > 'Maximum avatar file size' : change it there > save
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 21st 2012, 08:37

That only sets a maximum size, but what I want is my forum to automatically resize all avatars to 100x100 px no bigger no smaller regardless of their original size, because it looks more professional then having various avatar shapes and sizes. Wink
Does anyone have CSS, or Javascript codes that will do what I want done?
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan March 28th 2012, 09:44

All my questions except the one regarding resizing forum avatars using Javascript or CSS were answered long ago.

Does anyone have a code to force Avatars in the Forum Topic Body to be a set size by automatically resizing them to all be the same size? I want all avatars to be uniform and flow well which can't happen by merely setting a maximum size.

By the way I think 125x125 px would be a good size for the forum avatars. BTW I already have a code to resize all blog avatars to 100x100 px, so I just need a code for the Avatar's shown on user messages in the forum. lol sorry for the rant. Laughing
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by E-Mark March 29th 2012, 14:01

Go to ACP > Display > Templates > General > viewtopic_body:

Find:
Code:

{postrow.displayed.POSTER_AVATAR}

Replaced it with this:
Code:

<div class="aresize">{postrow.displayed.POSTER_AVATAR}</div>

Then Go to ACP > Display > Pictures and Colors > Colors > CSS Stylesheet:

Add:
Code:

.aresize {