The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

+53
Richsballpythons
Wednesday Toys
The Godfather
Bubba02STi
toppas
psyckosama
aR-On
graphixgurl
mo.houssami
maarek
BlytheKingdom
Bermygreen
JennBags
Nancy Rinn
MHerushingu
onebigfish
samaritesathinas
Blue_Phoenix
Lil Miss Sunshine
t3d
CARTOONISTS
ScrapPlezier
nagelk
poodleantics
q3CandyGirl
SLGray
Quae
JadeMehBoi
dbowden
Malty
Paper Secrets
itsupportlondon2012
mvervoorn
Poly Pocket
nathanadhitya
paulpattonproductions
Elessar
krissyND303
mad00lini
Delme
maximosm
B2N2Scraps
Brbljivica
KarenElliot
Miskebam
mschooling
Tansy Firedragon
Jophy
Darren1
Shadow
Zerotheheroe
Sanket
jamesgoodchild
57 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Pro Admin Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by jamesgoodchild March 20th 2012, 6:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

I've just kicked off a board and have started testing with a couple of people before I roll it out to the club that will be using it. The very first external test user trying to create an account on the board encountered a problem with his email address. I put in one of my spare emails just to make sure I didn't have a setup issue and it took that ok. When I go to change it, I get the same message my test user got, "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid".

I did a search of the forum archives and there was a thread on this from Feb 17th 2012 by aowlthd that is now locked, otherwise I would have posted to it. aowlthd posted that he couldn't get a email address ending in .NET to work.

Unfortunately where I live, the bulk of the email addresses are <name>@sasktel.net as that is the provincial telecommunications provider and the dominant player in terms of email addresses. Can you please check to see if there is a problem with .net email addresses on your spam appliance? If there is, I may have to drop this board and go to some other solution as I can't asked 80% of my club members to create new email addresses and that percentage is the people who have a <name>@sasktel.net email address.
jamesgoodchild

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by maximosm April 27th 2012, 1:32 am

Hi ,

The same problem ... with the ... xxxxxx@hotmail.gr ... (as the xxxx@otenet.gr) ... !
Yesterday ... !
maximosm

Male Posts : 16
Language : Greek - some English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Registration email error "Sorry, but this e-mail address is invalid"

Post by Shadow April 27th 2012, 9:56 am

Hello,

Can you send me these emails by PM please Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by maximosm April 28th 2012, 3:34 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello,

Can you send me these emails by PM please Wink
OK ! ... look at your pm.

Thank you
maximosm

Male Posts : 16
Language : Greek - some English

Back to top Go down

Post by Tansy Firedragon May 5th 2012, 3:51 pm

Hey Leeloo

Thank you for sorting the original problem I had on my site, but I have another user now trying to register - they are getting the 'invalid email address' message again, I've tried registering them with a spare email address and changing it but it won't work.

If you wouldn't mind having a look, thanks.

Forum is www.kitchenwitchhearth.com

email that is getting the invalid message is @myfairpoint.net

Many thanks
Tansy Firedragon
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 6th 2012, 8:23 pm

Tansy, please send the domain to Leeloo's PM box where she can discuss it privately Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Tansy Firedragon May 6th 2012, 8:27 pm

Will do Darren, thanks.
Tansy Firedragon
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 8th 2012, 12:45 pm

I face the same problem. Some users say that their email appears invalid, even if it's working.

The only solution I found till now is to create new email. Anything else?

Address is http://histarch.forumgreek.com/

Thank you in advance
mad00lini

Language : Greek

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 8th 2012, 2:41 pm

Hi mad00lini,

I don't believe there's been any update as yet, otherwise Leeloo would've posted it Wink
If you want you can PM leeloo (Pro-admin, link on right) the email domain,and she'll work her magic and tell you the result Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerotheheroe May 8th 2012, 3:20 pm

Hi,

My forum (http://www.clancaos.net) also does this when I am in the Administration Panel trying to change a user's email.

Please help, constantly getting "invalid email" error.
Zerotheheroe
Zerotheheroe
Forumember

http://www.clancaos.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 8th 2012, 3:56 pm

Hi Zerotheheroe,

Darren1 wrote:I don't believe there's been any update as yet, otherwise Leeloo would've posted it Wink
If you want you can PM leeloo (Pro-admin, link on right) the email domain,and she'll work her magic and tell you the result Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 8th 2012, 6:10 pm

So we'll wait then. Thanx Smile
mad00lini

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyND303 May 9th 2012, 6:36 pm

I'm also having a problem with this on my forum.
http://www.soaps-n-lotions.com/

One member contacted me and she was able to register using her personal email but not her business email.

Which looked something like this....
info@business-name.com
with a hyphen between the two words of her business.

I had her register with her personal email which did work thinking I could go back in the admin pages and change her email that way. But I got the same email she did that it wasn't a valid email addy. Even though I copied the email addy directly from the properties page from the email that she sent to me.

krissyND303

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 9th 2012, 9:54 pm

Hi krissyND303,

Unfortunately, that entire email address is being rejected.
We have a special script that checks emails with well known spam-knowledgebases, which will reject the domain 'business-name.com' because it suspicious, even just hearing & seeing it as an email.
That script also has lines to forbid the registration of common starts of address, for example 'admin', 'info', 'complaints', 'legal' 'assistance', 'help' and many others.
The user will have to use an alternative email. Sorry.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by krissyND303 May 9th 2012, 10:03 pm

Thanks for the update Darren I appreciate that. I can completely understand why you have it set up that way. There are just way to many spammers. I happen to know this one is a legit company (they supply many of the members on my forum their ingredients for their home business) so I don't think she will mind continuing to use her personal email to be a part of the group. At least it's not a glitch then!!!
krissyND303

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Unable to access new forum

Post by Elessar May 10th 2012, 2:56 pm

I set up a forum yesterday. After playing around with the forum, I decided to start over. Probably not the best decision and I probably could have reset enough to make the original forum work, but my vanity combined with my ignorance pushed me beyond my reason. I started over and then attempted to delete the original forum. Only this I have managed was to lock myself out the forum and not it's sitting there idle. How can I get the first forum killed/deleted?
Elessar

Male Posts : 6

http://william.zaspel@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 10th 2012, 4:07 pm

Elessar wrote:I set up a forum yesterday. After playing around with the forum, I decided to start over. Probably not the best decision and I probably could have reset enough to make the original forum work, but my vanity combined with my ignorance pushed me beyond my reason. I started over and then attempted to delete the original forum. Only this I have managed was to lock myself out the forum and not it's sitting there idle. How can I get the first forum killed/deleted?

Hello,

Please open a new topic for your issue.

Thanks !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Elessar May 10th 2012, 4:52 pm

Leeloo: I'd be glad to open a new topic, but every time I try, I received this message:

Sorry, but only users granted special access can post topics in this forum.
Elessar

Male Posts : 6

http://william.zaspel@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 10th 2012, 5:06 pm

Hi Elessar,

Try opening a new topic in the 'Other Problems' section, we will gladly assist you there Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 11th 2012, 11:04 am

A member of my forum says she created new mail and still no result. Does it have to do with firewall maybe or any other programm running?
mad00lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 11th 2012, 11:37 am

Hello,

What's exactly the error message she gets ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by paulpattonproductions May 11th 2012, 12:53 pm

I am having this same problem, when people try to create an account on the forum I created end of last year
I had this problem when I tried to register on this forum and had to use my hotmail account instead of my regular email.

the email address @centurytel.net is being rejected as invalid
paulpattonproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 11th 2012, 1:00 pm

Hi Paul,

Can you please post a 2nd time, to get a post count of 2, then send Leeloo (posted above) the email address so she can try to have it removed from the filter.

We have a requirement of 2 posts in order to send PM's Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by paulpattonproductions May 11th 2012, 1:09 pm

ok
paulpattonproductions

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 11th 2012, 8:42 pm

Hi, it says something like "This email address is invalid".
mad00lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 11th 2012, 8:47 pm

mad00lini wrote:

Hi, it says something like "This email address is invalid".

Can you please PM Leeloo the address, so she can see what she can do to further assist you Smile
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 13th 2012, 7:28 pm

Forum address, right?
mad00lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy May 14th 2012, 5:00 am

mad00lini wrote:Forum address, right?
PM her(Leeloo) the e-mail address & the forum link.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by nathanadhitya May 16th 2012, 2:51 pm

Yes For Me Maybe I Can Help By I Borrow Your Admin Username And Pass Because I Got 1 Forum (My Friend) Got No Error Emails And The Member Is 1196 And My Forum Never Got The Email Error And Maybe I Can Help You Modify The Settings In The Admin Panel Smile
nathanadhitya
Forumember

Male Posts : 98
Language : English And Indonesia

http://tr-teamwork.mydiscussionboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mad00lini May 21st 2012, 3:50 pm

Problem still remains. No further inform by Leeloo.
mad00lini

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 21st 2012, 5:47 pm

mad00lini wrote:Problem still remains. No further inform by Leeloo.

Hello,

The techs are still working on your issue, please be patient Wink

Thanks a lot !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next