The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Move or Change ads

3 posters

Go down

In progress How to Move or Change ads

Post by macel March 22nd 2012, 11:41 pm

I have been trying to figure out how to move ads or maybe change their source as well. The ads make my site look like a scam or dangerous site. All they say is "Play Now' and "Download". I looked up the sites they were linked to and they are known for causing malware and phishing. I have found post that say how to move the ads to the bottom, but I can't figure out where I enter that code and if that is the correct code to use. I am using phpbb.
macel

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: How to Move or Change ads

Post by Sir Chivas™ March 22nd 2012, 11:42 pm

The only way to remove them is by buying credits.

Last edited by Sir Chivas™ on March 22nd 2012, 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

Post by macel March 23rd 2012, 12:29 am

When I say change, I mean what type of ads show up on the site. Like ones that don't look like they lead to dangerous sites. That is the big thing here. I don't want my members being lead off to some dangerous website. I tested and a majority of the adds lead to a bad site.
macel

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Neymar1 March 24th 2012, 12:05 pm

Rideem3 wrote:The ads are displayed according to the content that is on your website (sometimes). Other than that, the only way to get rid of them legally is to purchase the removal of them from your Admin Panel.

That is a very very big 'sometimes'.

'Fish dating', 'date older women in your area' and sometimes just a big flashing 'DOWNLOAD!' (which often leads to some sort of phishing website or virus). Obviously none of these are relevant to my forum. Fair enough if the ads were relevant to my forum, but 95% of the time they are not.

It is something forumotion needs to sort out.
Neymar1
Neymar1
Forumember

Male Posts : 406
Language : HTML, CSS, and a bit of JavaScript

http://www.simplyfifa.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum