The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only

+3
kirk
Darren1
!_NICK_!
7 posters

Go down

Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only Empty Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only

Post by !_NICK_! April 4th 2012, 12:05 am

I would like to know the code for something you add to the forum templates to only show to the Moderators, Administrators, and other Groups on your forum to see only.

*Example: You add a special button, code, or script anywhere in the template. You only want Moderators, Administrators, and/or Other Groups to see that code or script. How do you do this?
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1505
Language : English, HTML, and CSS

Back to top Go down

Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only Empty Re: Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only

Post by Darren1 April 4th 2012, 1:19 am

The code sure does exist, it's used here Wink

Where exactly do you want it?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only Empty Re: Admin and Moderator Displayed to them only

Post by kirk April 4th 2012, 1:33 am

Darren you sure?
I never heard of such a thing?
And what would this code be showing?
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 4th 2012, 2:25 am

Kirk, look at the mod tools, and look at your text editor, do you not have a button called 'mod cans' or 'mod colours'?
Note how I, a member don't have mod tools, but you, a moderator, do have mod tools.
We simply have to reproduce that , or a similar one.

Plus there is even JS around the place from Dion's day, Drogba, or LG, and possibly Matty, and other people who can write the script in probably just a few mins for all versions Smile

The code I believe still does exist in PunBB templates, unless it's been removed Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! April 4th 2012, 4:26 am

Darren1 wrote:Kirk, look at the mod tools, and look at your text editor, do you not have a button called 'mod cans' or 'mod colours'?

Just learned something new! Smile

Yes, I know I can do that, but I don't plan on making a widget. There is just a few "private" things I want to add to my PunBB Templates only for Moderators and Administrators to see. Razz
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lBlacKl April 4th 2012, 5:22 am

You can visit matti_7 forum You will be able to see what Darren is talking about check its quick reply
lBlacKl
Forumember

Male Posts : 202
Language : English and Tagalog

http://gfxtutorials.netboarder.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 4th 2012, 5:40 am

Darren1 wrote:Kirk, look at the mod tools, and look at your text editor,

HAHA oh that.. i dint know what he meant at first..
I was thinking he wanted to add some sort of script that was only going to show something on a page from a template only admin,mods or groups can see...LOL Razz Dint realize he was talking about adding his own bbc/tags or whatever.. My bad
Thanx bro

!_NICK_! wrote:

Yes, I know I can do that, but I don't plan on making a widget. There is just a few "private" things I want to add to my PunBB Templates only for Moderators and Administrators to see. Razz

If it's not that then what, Now you got me wondering what you mean again??? blackeye
You have to explain exactly what it is you want to do and what you will be adding.
Where do you want whatever is thats supposed to be viewed? You are not giving anything for us to go on with what you asking Sad

you cant just slap a code, like lest say a video and only have it appear for admin mods or groups, So i am lost lol, Please explain more Very good

Last edited by kirk on April 4th 2012, 5:55 am; edited 2 times in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum April 4th 2012, 5:46 am

Aren't there template variables for these type of things?
I don't look at templates much I only really remember most things from stock phpbb3 boards but there should be something along the lines of:
S_IS_MOD and S_USER_LOGGED_IN

Hence, template conditional:
<!-- IF S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_IS_MOD -->
Write your message here...
<!-- ENDIF -->

Failing those variables (or similar) existing, you could try:
<!-- IF S_USERNAME eq 'Mods name' -->
write your message.
<!-- ENDIF -->
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by !_NICK_! April 4th 2012, 7:28 am

@kirk - I don't want to say what for because other people will use it. Razz

I tried to give an example, but idk if it helped anyone.

@LGforum - No it didn't work. :'(
!_NICK_!
!_NICK_!
Active Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati April 4th 2012, 12:26 pm

lBlacKl wrote:You can visit matti_7 forum You will be able to see what Darren is talking about check its quick reply

Rideem3, give me the code for that. Very Happy
Mati
Mati
Hyperactive

Language : HTML, CSS & JavaScript

https://forumservice.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 4th 2012, 1:18 pm

LG, on true coding yes(BB3, VB, IPB PunBB ect have similar to what you have put), but for us on SITU coding, it's a completely different variable which still works similarly, but not the exact same.

Where exactly in the templates do you want to put it?
Only certain templates have the ability to register this code that Im thinking of for some sad reason.
The 'if logged in...' code exists, but it would show to all users.
There's no super easy code for 'if moderator logged in...'
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanilla990 April 4th 2012, 1:24 pm

Can't you use the [Hide] bbcode option? I think anything placed inside that is only shown to Moderators and Administrators.
Vanilla990
Forumember

Male Posts : 69

http://www.rsglobalchat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 4th 2012, 1:57 pm

No, the hide tags don't work in the templates, plus anyone can view them once they have posted in the thread - including members.
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum April 4th 2012, 3:01 pm

Nick is the thing you wanting to add in the topic pages? If so, it wouldn't be too hard.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 4th 2012, 7:52 pm

If he cant explain and tell what it is he wants to do then we are unable to help.
This is a public support forum so any support we do is for all to see in case they have the same question or problem, so we cant help with somthing that is wanted to be kept secret let alone without even knowing what it is.
So if he likes, Nick can pm me to unlock this thread if we would like to explain exactly what it is he is trying to do.
Other then that I realy have no other choice then to lock this and move on to other problems.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down