The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

adf.ly issues

5 posters

Go down

adf.ly issues Empty adf.ly issues

Post by hanner74 April 4th 2012, 9:39 pm

Hello,
I have recently ran into a problem where if someone tries to log in to my forum, after hitting login, they are taken to some adf.ly advertisement site, and then unable to log in. I am even receiving complaints that after this happens then their passwords are invalid. What is this adf.ly and why is it taking over my forum!?
hanner74

Back to top Go down

adf.ly issues Empty this is serious...

Post by hanner74 April 4th 2012, 9:55 pm

I am now locked out of my own forum, I have an Admin login, but I am afraid to try and use it.
When you enter your username and password, and hit login, it takes you to adf.ly/***bunch of numbers***
then your password is no longer valid. Someone please help!
hanner74

Back to top Go down

adf.ly issues Empty Re: adf.ly issues

Post by SLGray April 5th 2012, 12:29 am

Please don't double/triple post. Your post need to be separated by 24 hours before bumping, replying or adding more information. Please use the edit button instead!

Try to connect to your administration panel with this: https://www.forumotion.com/en/utils/

If this does not work, try this: https://help.forumotion.com/t93821-lost-founder-s-password

adf.ly issues Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 5th 2012, 1:57 am

adf.ly links are used when there are certain download links and will load right before the Onlineguardian's ban page.

I believe the issue is that members are having trouble logging in to the forum.

Last edited by slg on April 5th 2012, 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total

adf.ly issues Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 5th 2012, 4:30 am

Can you please post some screen shots Smile

To me it sounds like the security feature that runs in the background and comes up with a suspicious activity detected. then you just have to verify your human and you can get back on the forum.

Adfly will come up in three different ways. When posting certain file host links,If your forum was shut down it will first go through adfly before the onlineguardian page comes up ,and suspicious activity detected

Note
The suspicious activity detected security feature will also redirect to onlineguardian after adfly as well.

Other then that we need to see some screen shots to try to determine whats happening
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by hanner74 April 5th 2012, 3:08 pm

hmmm... I've never seen anything about onlineguardian, it just takes you to this adf.ly/**** page and it has ads on it. sometimes it will just take you back to the portal of my forum, other times it will just sit on that page. I will try again today and see what happens.

**EDIT
here is an image:
adf.ly issues Adfly10

********EDIT
Figured it out, if you enter the wrong password more than... prob. twice... It will just take you to this adf.ly page, and you cannot log in. After waiting for an hour or so and then trying again, i was able to log in. but even through the administration panel i dont see anything about unlocking an account, or that someone can be locked out. Is there a way to get rid of this adf.ly page?
hanner74

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 5th 2012, 5:59 pm

When you are looking at the adfly page, look at the top right corner for this:
Please wait .....
5 seconds

After 5 seconds a skip ad button will appear, press it when the button appears.

adf.ly issues Slgray10

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 5th 2012, 6:07 pm

RD, why would FM disapprove of something I believe THEY made?
Adfly is basically our adds, which are of cause strictly monitored, or so were told.

What happens if you wait the 5-10 seconds and click the button on the top right hand corner?

Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by hanner74 April 5th 2012, 6:31 pm

it will bring you back to the Portal page, not logged in, no message or anything about incorrect password, sometimes it will just get stuck on the adf.ly page and you can't skip.

***Edit
I am looking to get rid of the ads in the near future, but in the mean time, this thing is just plain intrusive and annoying.
hanner74

Back to top Go down

Post by hanner74 April 7th 2012, 7:38 pm

This is beginning to become Extremely annoying, and embarrasing. When logging in myself, and several others are taken to a adf.ly page, and IF it decides to show the skip after 5 seconds, then it will simply take you back to the portal, i have reset passwords several times with my administrator account, so I can know for absolutely sure that they are being entered correctly. Yet after hitting log in you are still taken to adf.ly without being allowed to log in. I would really like to know how to fix this/get rid of this issue, any help on this would be much appreciated.

hanner74

Back to top Go down

Post by Niko April 7th 2012, 9:56 pm

slg wrote:adf.ly links are used when there are certain download links and will load right before the Onlineguardian's ban page.

I believe the issue is that members are having trouble logging in to the forum.

Hello,

Note: adf.ly sometimes is on Forumotion pages before opening the real page Evil or Very Mad
But now I haven't got a Demo to show you... Hem
Niko
Niko
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 3100
Language : English, Italian, French

https://www.fmcodes.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 9th 2012, 1:05 am

RD, the devs intentionally put it in some locations huhohi

Could you please provide your forum's URL and can you please private message me an account I can access to quickly verify this?

Can I ask for some specific details -
What browser do you use?
Also, if it supports 'addons/plugin's/extensions', what are they?

Can you confirm if this is specifically a few users, or a general widespread issue with the majority, or all users on your forum?

Can you also do a re-sync -
Admin panel >> General > Forum/Config > Scroll down and tick the 'resync' box & hit save and see if there's a reduction of this occurrence?
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 10th 2012, 6:04 am

no you can not get rid of the adfly ad's
If it is happening because users are putting the wrong pass in to many times then change the amount of times a user can attaempt to log in to like 4 or 5.

Honestly i have never heard of this happening for that before. The only times i know adfly to go off is with what i explained above.

Other then that you will have to post your link so we can see what it's doing.

You sure you are not clicking links on your forum that are from popular file host.
because adfly will go off when certain file host links are posted on your forum then clicked.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanner74 April 10th 2012, 7:41 pm

I took the advice of Darren, and did a re sync, and the site has been working good so far since yesterday!
I would like the ability to remove it completely, if that means paying for ad-removal or whatever, any help is again appreciated.
hanner74

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk April 10th 2012, 8:51 pm

Even paying to have it removed is not an option right now. You can sugest it on the sugestions board if you like.

It should only go off when supisious activity is detecded, popular file hosting links are posted,when a forum is shut down before it redirects to onlineguradian, and in the rare case of why it was happening to you. Other then that it will it sould not go off.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanner74 April 10th 2012, 9:33 pm

grr... may have spoke too soon.
I was logged into my site, left the window open/ while still logged in, would occasionally f5 the page so that I can respond to new posts; then suddenly i am logged out, attempt to log in using the known correct password, and right back to adf.ly

-There is no suspicious activity or links, just simply logging in.
hanner74

Back to top Go down