The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new user can't register - invalid email?

5 posters

Go down

email - new user can't register - invalid email? Empty new user can't register - invalid email?

Post by ali-phant April 5th 2012, 10:17 am

A new member is trying to register on my forum but it keeps returning an "invalid email address" to her. I have changed the settings in the admin panel to "user confirm" but there's no change. I have even registered for her using my email address and then trying to change the email address once registered, but that doesn't work either, it just says "invalid email address" still.

Her email address is a Norwegian one eg ki-^^^^^@online.no and this is the only email address she has.

I have had no other problems with people trying to register, has anyone any ideas?

Many thanks,
Alison

PS. my forum is www.americandayvans.com
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Female Posts : 27
Language : english

Back to top Go down

email - new user can't register - invalid email? Empty Re: new user can't register - invalid email?

Post by Shadow April 5th 2012, 10:32 am

Hello !

Can you please send me by PM the email address of your member ?

Thanks Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

email - new user can't register - invalid email? Empty Re: new user can't register - invalid email?

Post by KarenElliot April 7th 2012, 8:40 pm

I have exactly the same problem. <user>@online.no is invalid. May I send it to you too? Love

Last edited by KarenElliot on April 7th 2012, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
KarenElliot

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 7th 2012, 8:41 pm

KarenElliot wrote:I have exactly the same problem. <user>@online.no is invalid. May I send it to you too? Love

You need two posts to send a pm, so reply to this to get your second post.

email - new user can't register - invalid email? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by KarenElliot April 7th 2012, 8:46 pm

lol...alright, thank you Very Happy
KarenElliot

Back to top Go down

Post by ali-phant April 7th 2012, 8:49 pm

If you work it out please let me know lol. I have suggested that she creates a new email address and tries that.... just waiting to see if she does. But it may happen again as a lot of my visitors are from Norway and places out that way.

Thanks!
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by KarenElliot April 7th 2012, 8:55 pm

sigh...same here...I really can't tell all those people (if this is a Norway-problem) to create a new email account Shocked

hmm...I'm pretty sure they'll figure it out
KarenElliot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 7th 2012, 11:33 pm

Hi all!

Try to check the Inactive users list from Users & Groups => Users => Inactive users. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by KarenElliot April 8th 2012, 9:38 am

there are no inactive users Shit
KarenElliot

Back to top Go down

Post by ali-phant April 8th 2012, 11:11 am

ditto lol
ali-phant
ali-phant
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 8th 2012, 11:13 am

There appears to be the same topic for these and currently our pro admin is fixing it.
https://help.forumotion.com/t106305-registration-email-error-sorry-but-this-e-mail-address-is-invalid

Provide your forum link there and the e-mail that doesn't allow a guest to register and hopefully our admin will assist you.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down