The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealing hitskins work and copyrighting

+5
Kaira Senju
Kurokon Shikyo
Mike
Niko
prestonmiller89
9 posters

Go down

Solved Stealing hitskins work and copyrighting

Post by prestonmiller89 April 7th 2012, 8:34 am

Hi I was wandering i developed a skin and someone went in tweaked the background and banner and claimed full copyrights to that. now i have all the original stuff for it and i was wandering if there is anyway to have that copyright removed so that when i use that stuff i cannot get in trouble here by any means because i enjoy making layouts here and i dont want any of the site i make it for get shut down for some stupid person claiming they did it.
prestonmiller89

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Stealing hitskins work and copyrighting

Post by Niko April 7th 2012, 2:22 pm

Hello,

well, If this user has evidence that the creations are his sorry but you have to leave the skin.
But if the creations are yours you can stay calm! (s)he can't do anything Mr. Green

Friendly,
Niko
Niko
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 3106
Language : English, Italian, French

https://www.fmcodes.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by prestonmiller89 April 7th 2012, 2:32 pm

Its basic background art but if i can prove they are mine can I request to have yall ask her to take that copyright down?
prestonmiller89

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike April 8th 2012, 2:01 pm

if you take a theme from hitskin, you're able to modify it, but you wont be allowed to resubmit it to hitskin. You can't remove the copyright either unless you change all of it.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by prestonmiller89 April 8th 2012, 2:33 pm

Well it looks like it was originally my skin with some minor tweaks and they resubmitted it to hitskins as their own and copyrighted it claiming they made the entire skin.

My Skin - http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/animegalaxy-185005.htm

Their Skin - http://en.hitskin.com/search-a-skin/naruto-crisis-20-skin-1-185517.htm

Both even have the messed up portal button I accidentally messed up on. Now the only difference to me is the main background, the banner, the icons for the forum, the row1 hover image, and the occupancy code was lightened. I took time making and getting the images just right for the rows to make them look proper for another site and then have someone else come in and claim the skin with a copyright.

Now i was nice and talked to the webmaster their and gave him the proper portal image, but Katt Rin Uchiha an Administrator there threatened to ban me if i said this was original developed from my work. Now I am afraid since she copyrighted the skin claiming she made all of it that the site i originally made it for will loose it.

I just want to know if her copyright can be taken down for the skin as well as her skin since it does appear it was originally my skin. As well as the fact my skin was submitted about a month before theirs.

Last edited by prestonmiller89 on April 8th 2012, 2:48 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
prestonmiller89

Back to top Go down

Post by prestonmiller89 April 14th 2012, 10:33 pm

Bump
prestonmiller89

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurokon Shikyo April 15th 2012, 12:35 am

I am Psychosis from the site you say stole your skin, I am also a friend with most of the staff, I must deeply apologize for this, none of us knew it was stolen, we simply asked Katt Rin Uchiha to make one, I hope you dont blame us.

Furthermore, Id like to personally say Im sorry, even though Im not staff there, I hope this doesnt damage your veiw on us, but we understand.

To be perfectly honest I was wondering how she managed to get a skin so fast, and one so good at that. I cant say for sure, but I have a 99% feeling that she will be removed and banned from the forum for this.

I hope this resolves this incident between us.
Kurokon Shikyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira Senju April 15th 2012, 1:07 am

Katt Rin Uchiha Has been dealt with on behalf of Naruto Crisis we are sorry.
Kaira Senju

Back to top Go down

Post by Nate Jayy river April 15th 2012, 2:10 am

I do understand that we have said sorry twice already, but being the Webmaster of Naruto Crisis, i feel like an idiot for letting 'Katt Rin Uchiha' steal your skin and claim it as her own, stapling the Name of 'Naruto Crisis' On it and creting a copyright saying that it was her skin makes it even worse. I feel like a total idiot as i said. Anyway 'Katt Rin Uchiha' has been IP banned from the site, and the copy right has been removed as well as the skin, sadly. I'd like to speak to you though on my site. Please and Thanks.
~Aeon J. River
Nate Jayy river

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g April 15th 2012, 3:19 am

Nate Jayy river wrote:I do understand that we have said sorry twice already, but being the Webmaster of Naruto Crisis, i feel like an idiot for letting 'Katt Rin Uchiha' steal your skin and claim it as her own, stapling the Name of 'Naruto Crisis' On it and creting a copyright saying that it was her skin makes it even worse. I feel like a total idiot as i said. Anyway 'Katt Rin Uchiha' has been IP banned from the site, and the copy right has been removed as well as the skin, sadly. I'd like to speak to you though on my site. Please and Thanks.
~Aeon J. River

Well it makes me feel happy that you guys are apolizing... And you have dealt with the situation! That was very well handled in my opinion! Very Happy

Great job on all aspects! Very good
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by prestonmiller89 April 18th 2012, 12:06 am

I am glad that has been handled, but i would still like the Hitskin made by Katt Rin Uchiha taken of as this person is still claiming the skin on hitskins by having it up.

I would like to say though that I appreciate the efforts by Naruto Crisis to fix the issue and I am currently helping them with their layout.
prestonmiller89

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 April 18th 2012, 12:09 am

Hi,

For future reference, all works published on Hitskin.com (and all associated languages) are for public use and are NOT covered by any copyright.
They are free to be modified AND copied, exclusively but not limited to ForuMotion forums, and all associated languages.

Respectfully,
Darren.

Last edited by Darren1 on April 18th 2012, 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by prestonmiller89 April 18th 2012, 12:15 am

oh okay i was told they were not allowed to be re submitted okay thats fine thank you for clearing that up.
prestonmiller89

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 18th 2012, 2:59 pm

Solved => Topic Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down