The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you maintain rights to your writing and characters (if you're rping)?

5 posters

Go down

In progress Do you maintain rights to your writing and characters (if you're rping)?

Post by RachelD May 7th 2012, 10:19 am

My friend and I are making an rp/writing site, but before I join, I want to make sure that I will not lose rights to my characters and writing. Will I maintain my rights? I am hoping to be published one day so I wanted to make sure I wouldn't. Thank you for your time.
RachelD

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Do you maintain rights to your writing and characters (if you're rping)?

Post by Base May 7th 2012, 11:27 am

Hi, what do you mean by 'losing your rights'? Which 'rights' are you referring to? Please explain your question further thanks! Smile
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Do you maintain rights to your writing and characters (if you're rping)?

Post by RachelD May 7th 2012, 11:29 am

Well basically the copyrights to your characters, plots, and writing. I hope that makes sense. I'm not an expert on copyright law and terms.
RachelD

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren1 May 7th 2012, 1:04 pm

Hi,

I'm not too sure what your worried about, you cannot lose your rights - Unless your work is not original, then you are covered by international copyright laws, meaning, that, your work is your work,WITHOUT a certificate of legislation. If you want to get published in the future, you may do so.
Forumotion, nor it's counterparts, I do not believe will be able to hold you back - go ahead and post what you want.

Just a note on caution: You may want to put a disclaimer, and a copyright mark on any images, as people who like your work, in any industry, will try to claim it to be their own. Wink
Darren1
Darren1
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 11853

Back to top Go down

Post by Equal May 7th 2012, 1:37 pm

Like Darren said, a disclaimer to warn others not to rip your material and claim it as their own, would be a smart idea. If you need ideas on a warning box, PM me and I'll send you a good one.
Equal
Equal
Forumember

Male Posts : 81
Language : English, German

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk May 7th 2012, 5:14 pm

If this is something you are creating as stories etc.. i would never put anything on the web unless you have some sort of copyright already.

Like i write a lot of music, but i would i would never present it on the web without it being copyrighted first.. So i mean it depends what your doing etc..
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down