The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A search option to search member's user names in search

4 posters

Go down

A search option to search member's user names in search Left11100%A search option to search member's user names in search Right11 100% 
[ 4 ]
A search option to search member's user names in search Left110%A search option to search member's user names in search Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

A search option to search member's user names in search Empty A search option to search member's user names in search

Post by Ryanette June 19th 2012, 10:25 pm

Forumotion's search isn't really the best, is it? No.
A pretty sweet enhancement would be an option to search for users, yeah, it's available in the members list, but every one doesn't like to use the members list to view just one person or to even make it appear to guests.
The member's list is a bit over-whelming and seems to give out too much information. It'd be good to just search for the user's name and that's it. No visit time stuff, other guff, etc...

Think about it.

Last edited by Ryanette on June 19th 2012, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryanette
Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Language : English (British)

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

A search option to search member's user names in search Empty Re: A search option to search member's user names in search

Post by Sir Chivas™ June 19th 2012, 10:28 pm

Well, you have the memberlist? So, I would say no. Why? Because then it'll be messy, unless they add a feature, that let's you search Member's // Member's posts. Catch my drift?
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6965
Language : EN, FR, ES

Back to top Go down

A search option to search member's user names in search Empty Re: A search option to search member's user names in search

Post by Ryanette June 19th 2012, 10:33 pm

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Well, you have the memberlist? So, I would say no. Why? Because then it'll be messy, unless they add a feature, that let's you search Member's // Member's posts. Catch my drift?
it wouldn't remotely be messy, here's an example:
A search option to search member's user names in search 2l9qk3l
Ryanette
Ryanette
Forumember

Male Posts : 135
Language : English (British)

http://www.devforumz.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ June 19th 2012, 10:35 pm

That's what I meant Razz
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike June 19th 2012, 10:39 pm

i think that forumotion is unique with their search and is better without looking like IPB / xenforo... However i will vote yes since this looks kinda cool.
Mike
Mike
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 4255
Language : English, HTML, CSS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ June 19th 2012, 10:45 pm

Drogba921 wrote:i think that forumotion is unique with their search and is better without looking like IPB / xenforo... However i will vote yes since this looks kinda cool.

I really do strongly agree with you there, Drogba. I've noticed that though. Forumotion, doesn't really try to be like the rest. Gosh, forumotion is soooo weird Razz
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy December 21st 2013, 12:13 pm

Suggestion for your forum(section) clean up!

(21/12/13)
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum