The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

buttons not redirecting properly

2 posters

Go down

Solved buttons not redirecting properly

Post by dubbs June 22nd 2012, 5:46 pm

Hello, the site is: raider6.forumotion.net

We want you to land on the portal page, and have the home button lead back to the portal and the forum button to lead to the forums. At the present moment in time, both buttons lead to what ever is currently set as the default landing page. if the forum index is designated both buttons lead there even with the portal on, and if the portal is set as the landing page then both lead to the portal despite what I enter in the button redirect fields in admin.

how can i resolve this?
dubbs

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: buttons not redirecting properly

Post by kirk June 22nd 2012, 5:51 pm

You have to remove one of the images in your pics management, then create a new nav bar slot add, the link for where you want it to go, then use that image link you are removing in pics management as the image again.

In other words, you want to remove the image from pics management, but you will still use that same image once you create a new nav bar slot with the link of the page you want it to go to.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbs June 22nd 2012, 5:54 pm

I'm not sure I understand.. bit of a senior moment.. even without the pictures the buttons don't send you where we want them to. What should my redirects be for the buttons to land on the forums and the portal? I have them set to /forum and /portal and if those are correct then something weird is happening.

If you go to my page and click forum it should go to the froum. but it doesn't. Even the default portal button doesn't work when the homepage is set to the forum index.
dubbs

Back to top Go down

Post by dubbs June 22nd 2012, 7:23 pm

Solved...
dubbs

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 22nd 2012, 7:36 pm

dubbs wrote:Solved...