The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting

2 posters

Go down

'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting Empty 'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting

Post by Mad Jack January 20th 2008, 9:27 am

Okay, after the cookies malfunction that I asked about today, could someone please tell me why I am being prompted to 'save' or 'open' a 'forum' file when I make a post???

The posts are going through, it's just that the page seems to not be redirecting properly and is asking me to save a file onto my hard drive! Please...how do I correct this problem? Crying or Very sad

Last edited by on January 20th 2008, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mad Jack

Male Posts : 7
Language : English

Back to top Go down

'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting Empty Re: 'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting

Post by zinex January 20th 2008, 10:18 am

Hi, your title being non explicit and therefore not facilitating research via the search option, I'm not answering (nor is any other member ) until you change your title for an explicit one, related to your problem Wink
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting Empty Re: 'Save' or 'Open' file prompt box when posting

Post by Mad Jack January 20th 2008, 11:41 am

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you're saying. Crying or Very sad I didn't mean to say anything wrong. I just don't understand the protocol here. I just wanted someone to help me. Please tell me what I have to say. I don't understand what you mean about 'a title' being non explicit. Please. Crying or Very sad
Mad Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 20th 2008, 1:06 pm

its okay you changed it now. Is this still happening?
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Jack January 20th 2008, 2:14 pm

I'm really sorry about that. Yes, it is still happening, but it seems to be dropping off in frequency. There is also a glitch happening wherein the page is not being redirected properly (?) after a post is made...and this 'save' or 'open' file prompt box is also happening after a post is made. So...I'm not sure if anything is connected between the two.

I really appreciate your answering! I do apologize for being vague earlier! Thank you!
Mad Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex January 20th 2008, 2:16 pm

have you added any sort of codes to your forum lately? Is it just yourself having this problem?
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Jack January 20th 2008, 2:23 pm

I added a small blurb of HTML to represent a few links in a forum post, but that was it. No tweaking codes. The other members are experiencing it as well.
Mad Jack

Back to top Go down