[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 2 Empty [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Caihlem on December 24th 2007, 11:55 am

First topic message reminder :

Here you can ask all your questions about ForuMotion itself Smile

Last edited by on January 20th 2008, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Guest on February 25th 2008, 3:00 pm

badger11 wrote:Why can't we buy the databases?
The "they're not compatible with phpbb" might work with the average 12 to 15 year old but not with a 46 year old ex coder.
Why when someone asks and continues to ask are they banned from this forum or the topic locked (I can understand the banning of the obnoxious ones).
Is there a detailed explanation as to why we can't get hold of the databases?
Curiosity on my part maybe (I have no intention for the present in going anywhere else than forumotion).
But in the future forumotion may not be enough for my board and the ability to move it would be welcome.
Its not impossible to move manually but a lot of work.
Looking forward to an informed reply.
This is a friendly inquiry I hope that the only response isn't the usual one?
Obviously there isn't a valid reason?

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 2 Empty Who Owns our Registered Domain from Forumotion

Post by gptpinoy on March 7th 2008, 3:57 pm

It came upon me, what if you would like to remodel your site.

When I bought a domain from forumotion, it was automatically configured and I was given no access to it whatsoever. If I remember it right, when we book our domain, there were stuff required like name, address, and phone number. But when I check on my domain information, it was own by forumotion.

Is this the reason why people who got their forums deleted or moved out can't take their domain with them?

Just asking, no ill-intentions.
gptpinoy

Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 2 Empty Re: [Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion

Post by Caihlem on March 8th 2008, 10:33 am

There's an only-topic for questions about ForuMotion Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HaXBoX7 on March 8th 2008, 12:47 pm

i have an free domain provider zymic,it gives u an free custom domain with no subdomain after 30 days passed,but its under rules to move my forum with netgoo subdomain to the zymic host,so i dont move it
HaXBoX7
HaXBoX7
Forumember

Male Posts : 718
Language : English,Greek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zinex on March 8th 2008, 3:09 pm

i imagine thats the case yes gptpinoy though i am not certain i will ask an admin to answer for you Wink
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

View user profile http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow on March 10th 2008, 9:26 am

gptpinoy > if you have bought your domain name, it's yours, even if we delete the forum.
That's why we ask all those informations, it appears under our name because we buy the domains with our godaddy account, but if you ask a transfer we'll do it as you are the real owner Wink

Although for people that were offered a domain name the situation is different, the domain remain ours, as we paid entirely for it.
It's a gift we make to our most active forums, since they respect the rules!
Shadow
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 16209
Language : French, English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 1st4Advertising on March 13th 2008, 7:34 pm

Hello,

Am I allowed to run a business on my forumotion free forum?
1st4Advertising

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eveningpolestar on March 19th 2008, 10:50 am

First of all , my heartily thanks to forumotion for its greatest service of its kind. I don't think there is any better free forum providers...but my constant worry is if forumotion is going to sustain as it is providing services for free and i don't see any ads on its forums....
eveningpolestar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ike on March 23rd 2008, 4:49 pm

How many points does this support forum have?
Ike
Ike
Forumember

Male Posts : 284
Language : Macedonian, English

View user profile http://www.promoviraj.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH on March 23rd 2008, 11:30 pm

@Typlo wrote:gptpinoy > if you have bought your domain name, it's yours, even if we delete the forum.
That's why we ask all those informations, it appears under our name because we buy the domains with our godaddy account, but if you ask a transfer we'll do it as you are the real owner Wink

Although for people that were offered a domain name the situation is different, the domain remain ours, as we paid entirely for it.

Hi, I'm new here!

I got a question about the offered domain (yes, I was awarded with one, I didn't buy it Smile ) :

Is it for 1 year just like the paid ones? Do I have to pay for it after 12 months if I want to keep it?

Sorry if my english is not good, tried my best to make it clear. Very Happy
TOH
TOH
Forumember

Male Posts : 25
Language : Portuguese, English, Klingon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH on March 25th 2008, 2:50 am

@TOH wrote:
@Typlo wrote:gptpinoy > if you have bought your domain name, it's yours, even if we delete the forum.

Hi, I'm new here!

I got a question about the offered domain (yes, I was awarded with one, I didn't buy it Smile ) :

Is it for 1 year just like the paid ones? Do I have to pay for it after 12 months if I want to keep it?

bump :|
TOH
TOH
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by acef596 on March 26th 2008, 12:51 am

Since zinex left is there still going to be a review section?
acef596
acef596
Forumember

Male Posts : 494
Language : english

View user profile http://relaxingforum.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH on March 26th 2008, 12:56 am

@TOH wrote:
@TOH wrote:

Hi, I'm new here!

bump :|
I won't give up! Hello
TOH
TOH
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles on March 26th 2008, 1:02 am

@acef596 wrote:Since zinex left is there still going to be a review section?

Yes I believe there is. It just got put off during the time Zinex was making her decision whether to stay or leave. The staff is working on getting up to speed on her progress and what has been going on, in regards to this.

We hope to get it up and going as soon as we can. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

View user profile http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by WWGG on March 26th 2008, 2:17 am

I run my own charity, and I was just wondering how you select staff. Do you offer a place to members on these forums or do you outsource for employees?

It's critical to gain staff that is competent to work for a service such as this, and I was wondering whether you employ people with qualifications in the computing industry, or people with experience in the field and the working of Forumotion?

Thanks in advance!

Jay
WWGG
WWGG
Forumember

Male Posts : 109

View user profile http://wwgg.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on March 26th 2008, 8:19 am

When we recruit staff, we recruit them here and by "profile"...
In simple if a member looks honest, helpful, effective and has been here for a while, (s)he's got a chance

Once this short list is done, current staff members vote in to see which one(s) is(are) picked
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HiteshForPM on March 26th 2008, 11:48 am

skittlespc wrote:
@acef596 wrote:Since zinex left is there still going to be a review section?

Yes I believe there is. It just got put off during the time Zinex was making her decision whether to stay or leave. The staff is working on getting up to speed on her progress and what has been going on, in regards to this.

We hope to get it up and going as soon as we can. Wink

I think that section was necessary has every big forum has. May be there is still light of hope to coming back of review section
HiteshForPM
HiteshForPM
Forumember

Male Posts : 77
Language : English, Hindi

View user profile http://forum.cricketgod.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WWGG on March 26th 2008, 1:11 pm

@Caihlem wrote:When we recruit staff, we recruit them here and by "profile"...
In simple if a member looks honest, helpful, effective and has been here for a while, (s)he's got a chance

Once this short list is done, current staff members vote in to see which one(s) is(are) picked

Thanks, Caihlem!

Very Happy
WWGG
WWGG
Forumember

Male Posts : 109

View user profile http://wwgg.forumandco.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow on March 26th 2008, 5:36 pm

@TOH wrote:

Hi, I'm new here!

You have it for 12 months, and depending on your traffic by then we'll renew it automatically Wink
Normally if your traffic isn't at 0, they are always renewed for free.
Shadow
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 16209

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TOH on March 26th 2008, 6:57 pm

@Typlo wrote:
@TOH wrote:

Hi, I'm new here!

You have it for 12 months, and depending on your traffic by then we'll renew it automatically Wink
Normally if your traffic isn't at 0, they are always renewed for free.

Thank you for answering my question! Very Happy
TOH
TOH
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

[Only-Topic] Your questions about ForuMotion - Page 2 Empty About Forumotion

Post by gilbertgea on April 7th 2008, 6:23 pm

Hello all,

I've been wondering how long has Forumotion been offering forum hosting? Has Forumotion had any problems with sites crashing? How reliable is Forumotion as a forum provider? I didnt see a link or anything like an "About us" link.

From what I've seen so fay, Forumotion is very good and its user interface is excellent. I'd just hate to get a forum set up and then have it crash like happened with me about half a year ago with another free forum provider.

Thanks,

Geoff

P.S. I'm also interested in learning about how much storage space Forumotion offers. Can you purchase more? Can you purchase your forum?
gilbertgea
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on April 7th 2008, 7:48 pm

Hi,

Forumotion has been around since...

There are sometimes, even though they are very rare, server downtimes. But in these case forums are all back online within the next few hours Smile

Whereas for the Forumotion limits, this topic should help you:
https://help.forumotion.com/frequently-asked-questions-f5/some-limits-of-forumotion-forum-t1709.htm#9447

Extra space cannot be bought, but I think, once you see the figures, tha is is highly unessesary Wink
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles on April 7th 2008, 7:50 pm

Here are the list of limitations.

Here is some information about forumotion.

You will see it mentioned HERE that we have had our free forum service launched for 4 years now.

Here are some extras you can purchase thru our points management. You can also purchase your own domain name.

I have never personally experienced any crashes in the time I have been here.

We have a thread that is the only topic we have for questions such as this. It is found HERE.

Thanks and Welcome to Forumotion! We hope you decide to join us here!

Skittles

Edit to add...I see that Caihlem has beat me to this topic, so he has already covered some of what I have covered as well. Wink
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

View user profile http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by efbe on April 8th 2008, 12:22 am

gilbertgea....i too was with another forum host that had nothing but crashes, down time etc.. and suddenly they forced advertising on everyone's forum without warning so i moved here and i must say it was a great move..You can build a nice forum and the support staff are great. In the few months i have been here there has been no down time at all.. Forumotion is a very good host. You should be very happy here.
efbe
efbe
Forumember

Male Posts : 455
Language : english

View user profile http://www.chaletos.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Sambob on April 11th 2008, 10:43 pm

If I wanted to make a welcoming bot, like when a new member joins, to make it welcome the new member.

How would I do that? Would I go to

Admin Panel>Users>Prune the users? What would I do?

Last edited by Sambob on April 11th 2008, 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sambob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem on April 11th 2008, 10:48 pm

This thread is for questions related to ForuMotion as a company, for support please go to the Support Forums Wink

P.S: Color is reserved for moderation
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sambob on April 11th 2008, 11:06 pm

Umm, sorry Caihlem, but I dont know where that is.

Where should I post that question?
Sambob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jables on April 12th 2008, 12:30 am

Jables
Jables

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on April 12th 2008, 2:44 am

And how would you know Razz

Any news on the next "Big" update? In Big I mean a update with our suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by Doctor Inferno on April 13th 2008, 6:15 am

I'm just wondering... will forumotion ever close down or something? no offence, but i'm just curious...

and also... forumotion is a company where staffs earn money and things like that, or just made up of freelancers
Doctor Inferno
Doctor Inferno
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1331
Language : GeekPolice

View user profile http://www.GeekPolice.net

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 34 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum