The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal

3 posters

Go down

Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal Empty Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal

Post by Guest August 16th 2012, 6:15 pm

Well, I can't really find a more relevant place to post this. I believe a poll would be unnecessary for this. It's been going on for a good while, I just haven't reported it before because I figured someone in the staff would be aware or someone else would report it. Guess I'll do it myself now.

Off-site avatars are not resizing in private messaging or the portal here. I had similar problems on my own site before I introduced new CSS to fix it :

Private messages :
Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal Large_10

Portal :

Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal Portal10

I used codes like these to fix the problems on my own forum, besides the one described below. The last one is for resizing signatures if you want :

Code:
.postprofile dl dt a img {
max-width: 175px;
max-height: 175px;
}
.mod-login-avatar img {
}
.postprofile dt img{
}
#profile-advanced-right img:first-child {
}
.signature_div img {
max-width: 1000px;
max-height: 150px;
}

Hope this helps.

Also, if you can just real quick, I'm having the image resizing problem in private messages in the "Topic Review" part of the PMs. Does anyone know the class for that off the top of their head? Thanks.

Note : The problem only occurs for off-site avatars. Uploaded avatars, or avatars that are off-site but an appropriate size already, work fine.

You should probably implement a default fix for this for forumotion users as well. There's no way that allowing ridiculous-sized images can be a good thing. A default code should help this and if they want to edit it, well, they could make a new code and their custom CSS would override the existing one. Or maybe you could even just make a simple control for it in the Admin CP ;P

Back to top Go down

Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal Empty Re: Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal

Post by Sanket August 23rd 2012, 5:40 pm

Please check, this problem has been fixed.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal Empty Re: Bug Report : Avatar resizing not working in PMs and Portal

Post by jade30 August 25th 2012, 2:19 pm

Member Banned, content removed
jade30

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy September 15th 2012, 3:54 pm

Since no reply was given, the issue is now considered fixed and solved.

Please PM Sanket if you still encounter this problem.

Topic now Locked
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum