The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chat Box BASIC coding

2 posters

Go down

Chat Box BASIC coding Empty Chat Box BASIC coding

Post by havensgrove August 18th 2012, 7:49 am

I am about ready to rip my darn hair out! Haha, I have been fidgeting with this coding for the past 2 hours (not even kidding) and I am relatively new to coding and when I use the basic ChatBox code:

Code:
<iframe src="/chatbox/index.forum" width= "800" height= "300"> </iframe>

I can't edit the background photo, the font color or size, the little "@" symbol, although I've found all the "codes" to do this with (When I put them in, they don't change colors/become active). Can someone please give me the basic Chat Box code so I can input all the customizing codes and finally get my chatbox the way I like it. Or at least explain it to me, please, please, pleeeeeeeeease?!

Note: I am about to go CRAZY!

havensgrove

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Chat Box BASIC coding Empty Re: Chat Box BASIC coding

Post by Sofiey August 18th 2012, 9:05 am

Hi! Are you trying to just edit the cbox and place it elsewhere? I have both codes...

To change the background, color, font size, etc, you would need to do that via the css (admin panel>display>colors>css stylesheet). The font size, and color, I am not too sure of. I do now for a fact it does change the background. I am assuming you use phpBB2.
Code:
body.chatbox{
 background-image:url(IMG URL PLACED HERE!);
}
.chatbox_row_1,.chatbox_row_2,.chatbox_row_3 {
background: none;
color: FONT COLOR HERE;
font-size:FONT SIZE HEREpx;
}

I know that the "font color" changes the color for the date and such. But, since the colors can be edited by the members and seems to go along with the forum text color that you set.

With the iframe, are you trying to place it elsewhere on the forum within a template? The code I use for that is:
Code:
 <html>
 <table class="forumline" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0">
<center><iframe frameborder="0" width="100%" height="300" src="LINK TO YOUR CHATBOX HERE" marginheight="2" marginwidth="2" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="yes" name="thechatbox"></iframe></center>
  </table>
</html>
Edit it as you need.

Hope that I helped!
Sofiey
Forumember

http://www.thenerdsherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chat Box BASIC coding Empty Re: Chat Box BASIC coding

Post by havensgrove August 18th 2012, 10:32 am

That did help a little bit but how do I change the background from there? -frowns- this coding things is so hard! I'm sorry!
havensgrove

Back to top Go down