The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you have the name you have? (nick)

+10
hoangcun
Nessa
Eximma
Cornelia
Luky
Bad Wolf
tyhodge07
zinex
zakir321
Ridder7
14 posters

Go down

Why do you have the name you have? (nick) Empty Why do you have the name you have? (nick)

Post by Ridder7 Thu 24 Jan 2008, 20:44

Why do you have the name you have? (nickname)

My name:
Ridder is the norwegian word for chivalrous and the number 7 is a thing i added when i made my accunt on a game, then the Ridder1-6 still was in use, then i must use 7. After that i have used Ridder7 on all my registrations.
Ridder7
Ridder7
Forumember

Male Posts : 147
Language : Norwegian, English

Back to top Go down

Why do you have the name you have? (nick) Empty Re: Why do you have the name you have? (nick)

Post by zakir321 Thu 24 Jan 2008, 21:08

Hm... well, as far as i can remember i just played around with some words... and guess with what i came up with my random thoughts? With exactly the same name as a british Orange-Juice Label @_@! And i have definately not heard about that label before, i was told by a another member of a gaming platform about half a year later.

Since this point, i had recieved an unwanted nickname for my nickname... -.-''

Anyway, with one exception im everywhere Sunny_D... Very Happy
zakir321

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Why do you have the name you have? (nick) Empty Re: Why do you have the name you have? (nick)

Post by zinex Thu 24 Jan 2008, 21:23

i was named zinex by my friends, my real name being maxine. The full version being zinex the pub princess Embarassed because i was never out of them before i had kids.
zinex
zinex
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 2804
Language : scotch och aye!

http://asylum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by tyhodge07 Thu 24 Jan 2008, 21:44

tyhodge07 just short for my real name and last name, 07 was just the year i started using it, and itll prolly stay the same for the next few years
tyhodge07
tyhodge07
Forumember

Male Posts : 708

http://rcmodzone.all-up.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bad Wolf Thu 24 Jan 2008, 22:06

Bad Wolf has so many references in my life, it only seemed natural to change to.
as ive told my friend Laz, my animal spirit guide is a Wolf, *heh* ive even taken my name Jacquelynn as a ironic reference to that, as i see Jacquels as Bad Wolves.

add in all my studies regarding digital technology, time, and alchemy..again, seemed as if this was my true sign on Wink
Bad Wolf
Bad Wolf
Forumember

Female Posts : 287
Language : English

http://darkfx.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luky Thu 24 Jan 2008, 22:10

My username comes from my real name which is Lucian, but everybody calls me Luci and so I replaced "c" with "k" and "i" with "y"
Luky
Luky
Energetic

Male Posts : 6106
Language : Romanian, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Sat 26 Jan 2008, 01:34

When I have first registered on a forum, most of the members were gamers, so I chose Katt as it is the name of a female character of Breath of Fire II, and it is also the Swedish and Norvegian translation of "cat", and I am a cat lover ^^ So I kept this name for a long time until I began to change it for Ishimaru Chiaki on most forums, except for FM official boards.
Ishimaru Chiaki is the Japanese name I got when I entered my real name in a japanese name generator (Rum and Monkey).
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Eximma Sat 26 Jan 2008, 08:53

Hi hi ^^

At the begining, my username was "Maxime" on my forum (My real name), but on the other forums, I chose "Max---" because Maxime was always taken, so I changed the "ime" to "---" Laughing (Which was always available Lol )

But a day, I wanted to change my Username and Caihlem suggested to me "Eximma" which is the anagram of "Maxime", so since this time, I choose Eximma lol
Eximma
Eximma
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1358
Language : French, English, learning japanese [gave up with german :'(]

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nessa Sat 26 Jan 2008, 13:24

My user name is short for my real name Vanessa which means Butterfly. Why do you have the name you have? (nick) Butterfly2
Nessa
Nessa
Energetic

Female Posts : 6203
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jan 2008, 14:23

Badger was my military call sign and 11 is my house number quite logical if a bit simple lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by hoangcun Wed 30 Jan 2008, 12:45

My nickname is HoangCun. Hoang is my real name but Cun is a puppy Embarassed
My wife always call me like that .
hoangcun
hoangcun
Forumember

Male Posts : 70
Language : Vietnamese, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Skittles Wed 30 Jan 2008, 14:59

I used to go by the nick Adia for years. I loved that name. It's the name of a song from my favorite performer Sarah McLaughlin. I almost legally changed my name to Adia.

Eventually I wanted a change. So I went to Skittles. But because Skittles is usually taken at most forums, I have had to make an adjustment or different variant of the name. Since I hung out at Computer Security support and Malware Removal forums, I was always trying to help ppl with their computers so I added the PC. As this is Skittles PC I am on.

The name Skittles actually did not come from the popular American candy, but rather it was from my favorite pet rabbit. His name was Skittles.

I named him that because when he was a bunny, he would sit real still and then hop skip and back side kick and skiddle across the floor this way and that way. But I changed the spelling from Skiddles to Skittles.

Sometimes I will also go by the name Skittlez, a new one I have been testing is WhiteRaven just cuz I like the name.
Skittles
Skittles
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 3013
Language : English, Sarcasm and a bit of Swedish

http://moonlightcafe.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Caihlem Wed 30 Jan 2008, 16:59

Caihlem because I am Caihlem Why do you have the name you have? (nick) Icon_rambo

More seriously:
Caihlem, an anagram of my first name, is the main character of a book written by myslef (and not published). I also happen to love that name and am rather attached to it Mr. Green

I used to be called Dojeta, although those you knew that name are few and far Lol
It was because I was a member of a Dragon Ball Z RPG Forum and had taken a character who ressembled Vegeta, and just edited the first letters Razz
Caihlem
Caihlem
Energetic

Male Posts : 8969
Language : English, French & Female

Back to top Go down

Post by nbblover Wed 30 Jan 2008, 18:50

im nbblover because its the name is a band (note: my real name is adam)
nbblover

Male Posts : 14
Language : engilish

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornelia Thu 31 Jan 2008, 20:47

Now my new username is simply an anagram of my first name Wink
Cornelia
Cornelia
Hyperactive

Female Posts : 4763
Language : I'M NOT A TECHIE OR A MOD, SO QUIT SENDING ME PMS FOR TECHIE STUFF OR LOST PASSWORDS !!!

http://ishimaru-design.servhome.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hardwood Mon 11 Feb 2008, 15:27

Guess Laughing
Hardwood
Hardwood
Forumember

Back to top Go down