The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Impending Forum Deletion

3 posters

Go down

In progress Impending Forum Deletion

Post by Furburt August 22nd 2012, 7:06 pm

Here's the link to the forum being discussed:

http://www.mellowleprechauns.com/

I would have preferred to have sent this as a private message to whoever the lead moderator is but apparently you need a certain amount of posts to do so, so I suppose this will do.

Earlier today I received a message informing the administrators of the forum I run that we have until the 31st of August to make our forum comply with the terms of service of forumotion or face a shutdown. I have a few ideas of what content this warning specifically pertains to. However, I'm not entirely sure, and to be honest, the notice is quite vague about what specifically is the problem.

We want our forum to remain open as long as possible and so we're prepared to comply with removing whatever is conflicting with the TOS. Before we start on a mass deletion, it would be a great help if someone with admin authority were to tell me what specifically the allegation leveled against our forum is, and what we can do to prevent being deleted.

Also, if the volume of offenses would require the entire website to be gutted or individual users banned, then I think we'd probably prefer to shut down and take our custom elsewhere, so it would also be great to know if the allegation concerns the website as a whole or just sections of it.

Anyway, thank you very much in advance to whoever deals with this problem. I await your response.
Furburt

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Impending Forum Deletion

Post by Shadow August 23rd 2012, 9:17 am

Hello,

You had a header which contained a nazi symbol. This banner has been removed from our service.
Racist or discriminating content isn't allowed so that's the type of content that you should remove in your whole forum I guess.
Here are our TOS to know what kind of contents is prohibited : https://www.forumotion.com/en/create-forum/terms-of-service.htm

Thanks !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Zerotheheroe August 23rd 2012, 12:34 pm

Leeloo, I agree the Nazi Symbol is indeed terrible, but is it professional to shut down someone because of that?

If that's the case, then 99% of internet sites would be shutdown.

If I upload a nazi symbol to my facebook, does that mean Facebook has the right to shutdown my profile because of that?

No.

Does Youtube remove Nazi symbols from videos? No

That's something a 3 year old would do.
It's only racist if he goes around his forum and screams, ' JEWS ' or something like that. yeah, then it's racist.

Simply having it as a banner isn't racist.

#rantover
Zerotheheroe
Zerotheheroe
Forumember

http://www.clancaos.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow August 23rd 2012, 12:45 pm

OK first the forum has not been banned yet.

Then, if the forum received a warning that means that we received a complaint about it. And potentially, that this isn't the only prohibited content in the forum.

Please avoid useless comments. You can't bring support for the user as you don't know why he gets this warning.

Thanks
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Furburt August 23rd 2012, 3:02 pm

I know it probably doesn't change anything, but we don't intend anything nazi related on the website to be serious. As in, we don't promote racial hatred or anything like that. Anything you see is merely a consequence of a strange sense of humour.

But anyway, thank you for the response, we'll work on removing anything with discriminatory overtones.
Furburt

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow August 23rd 2012, 3:07 pm

No problem, I'm sure that wasn't serious.

But since our TOS prohibits that kind of content on our service (especially as the header of the forum), I assume that's why you were reported and you received a warning.

You don't fear to be banned if that was the only illegal content you have Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum