The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing a preference default?

2 posters

Go down

Changing a preference default? Empty Changing a preference default?

Post by Brandon January 25th 2008, 7:37 am

Is there a way to change a preference's default selection from "no" to "yes", or vice versa.

I allowed HTML through the user settings in the admin panel so that people could embed videos easier, but it doesn't work unless you go into your profile and select "Always allow HTML" to "yes" because the default selection is "no".
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Changing a preference default? Empty Re: Changing a preference default?

Post by Brandon January 27th 2008, 9:17 pm

no answers?
Brandon
Brandon
Forumember

Male Posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Changing a preference default? Empty Re: Changing a preference default?

Post by jbowyer October 6th 2008, 6:37 am

Brandon wrote:Is there a way to change a preference's default selection from "no" to "yes", or vice versa.

I allowed HTML through the user settings in the admin panel so that people could embed videos easier, but it doesn't work unless you go into your profile and select "Always allow HTML" to "yes" because the default selection is "no".

Hi, Brandon:

I just had the same question. I did a search on "preference" and got five hits. The first hit "How can you set a primary preference for all members?" posted by LGO MR TrixX has one reply by Sunny_D, which is probably the definitive answer (for now).

I also would like the ability to specify the default settings for user preferences. Do you want to start a poll? Smile

Jeff
jbowyer

Back to top Go down