The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum redirecting to another forum

3 posters

Go down

Pro Admin Forum redirecting to another forum

Post by MrToddington Tue 4 Sep 2012 - 11:42

Hey, I'm not the owner of either forum in question here, sorry. I am, however, a moderator on one, and an administrator on the other.

One of the forums, http://therangeplace.forummotion.com/ (The Range Place) is automatically redirecting to the other forum, http://therangeplace.forummotions.com/ (The Range Place 2.0). This has been occurring over the past few days. I was a moderator of The Range Place, and am currently administrating for The Range Place 2.0.

After some issues with the owner of the first forum (TRP) a week ago, in which the owner locked the forum and wanted to quit, one of the administrators decided to make the new forum (TRP2.0). We weren't sure if this was going to be a permanent lock out, so set this forum up for the time being.

Anyway, after a day or so, the owner of the first forum decided to open it up again. However, a few days ago, it started completely re-directing to TRP2.0. After a backup and revert was done by the owner of the original TRP, things seemed okay (apart from some old ranks returning, and deleted users from a week prior being undeleted - all posts stayed the same though). Except the other day, it began redirecting again. I'm not sure if the owner did another revert, but it was up about 12 hours ago; but then went back to redirecting once again.

Given the owner wants little to do with TRP anymore, we're still going to move to this new forum - but we'd like to get some posts and things from the old forum as well.

Sorry for rambling a bit; I can provide more detail if needed.

Thanks,
MrToddington.
MrToddington

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Pro Admin Re: Forum redirecting to another forum

Post by MrToddington Sat 15 Sep 2012 - 15:55

Sorry for being impatient, but I was wondering if I could get an update on when someone will be available to help get this resolved.

Thanks in advance.
MrToddington

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Sat 15 Sep 2012 - 16:00

Hi,

We're really sorry for the delay, our pro admin might have not seen the report as she was just back lately from her vacation and she always receive a lot of reports, I will report this again to the pro admin and hopefully she can respond back when gets back to work on Monday. We apologize for the delay.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 10:03

Hello,

I'm really sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

It's simply because the forum http://therangeplace.forummotion.com/ has been removed. So, when you are trying to access it, the system automatically redirects to the most similar URL, which is http://therangeplace.forummotions.com
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by MrToddington Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 15:52

Thank you for the reply!

I'll speak to the original forum owner and see if he actually deleted it (though, he was claiming it was some sort of bug and not his doing).

Is it possible to restore the forum through the backups? As stated, this appeared to happen once before, which the forum owner claimed to have fixed by restoring to a version of the forum from a few days prior.

Thanks again for the help.
MrToddington

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Mon 17 Sep 2012 - 16:29

The forum owner can restore his forum by clicking on the link in the email that he received at the removal of the forum. Smile
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down