The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New members limited access but they can see the sections

5 posters

Go down

New members limited access but they can see the sections Empty New members limited access but they can see the sections

Post by Daryn October 10th 2012, 5:59 pm

I would like to see in place for new members to be able to see all sections but only gain access to certain ones after they have posted so many times.

ie I have all these different categories on my site/forum, now I know I could make it so only certain members could see all the categories/sections and join in but I would like everyone to be able to see them but not gain access to them all until after a certain amount of posts. It would be great if they tried to open them but a pop up box said you do not have permission to enter this section.

Daryn
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

New members limited access but they can see the sections Empty Re: New members limited access but they can see the sections

Post by SLGray October 11th 2012, 1:33 am

You can do this already with groups and forums' permissions.

If this is a suggestion, please add a poll.

New members limited access but they can see the sections Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

New members limited access but they can see the sections Empty Re: New members limited access but they can see the sections

Post by Jophy October 11th 2012, 1:53 am

This is already possible, you can set up auto subscribe groups:
https://help.forumotion.com/t57913-auto-subscribe-to-groups
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryn October 11th 2012, 11:04 am

Thanks for the replies guys, can you just verify that new members will be able to see the categories but wont be able to open them and gain entry to them if this is right then that is brilliant.
Daryn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 11th 2012, 5:56 pm

If you dissallow a group to see the forums inside the categories, then they will be able to see the categories but not the forums and posts inside. This is able to be changed if you edit the forum's permissions and un-check the permissions you do not want them to access for a certain group. Every forum group you create will be added and able to be managed in the permissions section. Hope this helps. ^_^
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Male Posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryn October 18th 2012, 12:06 pm

Thanks everyone Ive not had a chancer to look at what you have suggested but will in the next few days Very Happy
Daryn
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by roberts1223 October 22nd 2012, 4:06 pm

Wheares poll?
roberts1223
roberts1223
Forumember

Male Posts : 125
Language : Latvian, english, russian

http://tankionline.latvianforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 9th 2013, 2:18 am

Suggestion refused & garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down