The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Only Topic] My forum won't load

+144
SLGray
SNL-Krissy
504Heater
UKsLaVo
kathleenelsie
brigitte & mike
LH Justin
Elcee
Made
RadioHead
monique76
Poppie
cristinalelia
Razvan.
petros_7
WickedSoul
Ape
Yuzuru Otonashi
brale1
Jophy
koimaster
teller55
Ic3 Man
Mr. Eddster
saragosa
yorkiegirl
Tennisdude
PBulldog2
FromTheEarthToTheMorgue
Porschepower
Sonia_mi
Gonny
rohan aja
some1 with guns
sacerdotalisdei
Blissinator
runawayhorses
felicity4us2
Tsugaru
SA_Pliskin
perfectSTORM!
Kellycakes
Dontsellout@gmail.com
NuclearTreerat
{KL}EmoPig
Kayden
missing_mile_ghost
lh0103
David Stern
Juli Fabregas
anastas95
Mushkilla
gnoul
HogwartsAcademy
Rii SouL
RAtSoaDM
FireWhip
DK
Dampforum
Orbis Globvli
bokeeN
noko1
hbox
outlaw105w
wobblycaptain
Tonight
GreenFireflyGirl
xrisinkaa
Zeena
Algona
christien
19CenturyWBTS
Iirlane
tengo
kirkby1red
Horox
Nahtan-Syab
Zríny
dotdotdot
isims
intergallactic
TimV
Viktor 36
ElenaRPG
catela
tedyblue
Caroline
st0ne
Morielen
bramby
Kaya
DarMonkey
CindaLove
Ena.
tuneland
Devan
E-literoase
efbe
Toddseahawks
Kizomaru Hotaru
Hookah
TWIZTEDxDevil
dnsan2k11
Golden Shroom
The Estate
Kestrana
Aja Blue
plasticparadise
AussieXII
Zeef
auntielynds
bb0y
Darren1
Mrsig
cygmark
Sunnyko
toomanychoices
Dreik
jmalone
Rogerio
zippo933
Kirbyarm
paulpattonproductions
Mew Ami
Alex.
filias
MrEightThreeOne
butch
Tomer Aharonson
DJG-Scotland
Sanket
Senzu
Brianman23
Hardcore Gamer
NancyB
DustyBones
Nefadar
sweetwordss
SujuLoveNL
Zekaire
Swantewit
blackrose538
Shadow
viankova
148 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Solved [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by viankova October 12th 2012, 4:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi, my forum won't load, while another forum I'm member at loads.

This is the forum when it doesn't load.
Spoiler:

And this is the forum that loads.
Spoiler:

Made an Only Topic.

Please try this.

https://help.forumotion.com/t116016-thank-you-for-following-this-approach#758820

Hello,

The problem should be fixed now.

A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored.

Please clear your cache and cookies and check if this issue is fixed, as it should be.

If it's not, here are some different operations that can help to fix the issue :

• Close your browser
  • Reboot your Internet connection
  • Clear the DNS cache with an ipconfig/flushdns process (How to do this ?)
  • If that still doesn't work, save your current DNS info somewhere else and try to change temporarily your DNS for the DNS provided by Google (How to do this ?)

If after all these operations, you still have the loading issues, please provide us :

• The forum(s) concerned
  • A screenshot of the error message
  • Your ISP

Thank you very much to all of you for your patience Wink
viankova
viankova
Forumember

Female Posts : 138
Language : Sumen

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [Only Topic] My forum won't load

Post by Ape October 16th 2012, 12:46 pm

let me try to help here,
when FM send data out all over the world they send it from there DSN servers... Right there was a problem with the DSN server at FM's End and they have now fixed that problem.

Now why you are having the problem is Your ISP save data in there cache data banks and do a clean up of that once every now and then...This is not Your ISP's problem is just how things work all over the world no matter who is your ISP.. some clear there cache faster then others. with resetting your modem this some times calls for that clean up and some times it don't.

If your still having the problem once doing the steps Me and leeloo have gave then i would ask you just to give your ISP a call and ask them to clear the cache for you.

FM are more then sorry for this problem and have worked hard to get the problem there end fixed.

We know that you are really upset and there is lots of frustration but we are doing our best to help you out as much as we can.

And i know it may not seem it but FM really do care about it's members.

Ape.

[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Left1212[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Center11[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Right112
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Ape_b110
[Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19110
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuzuru Otonashi October 16th 2012, 12:51 pm

No, it's definitely your meh English. You keep using improper sentence structure, and it irks me because you keep saying thugs that make no sense in proper context.

I'm not being rude by saying it's a Forumotion issue. I'm just telling it as it is. Blamin multiple devices and connections, in addition to thousands, if not millions, of users, is horrible. What's someone with less knowledge of the Internet, much less computers, gonna do? Are you just gonna tell them "oh well"?

All I've gotten since my first post here was "Your fault, use our method to fix it." I did that. I've done everything I've been told to do, with the exception of calling a company at 6 in the morning. And still, you're blaming me (and others in a similar situation) for Forumotion's problems. There is no way on earth you can expect all the people that use your sites to know how to flush their DNS and the like. It's ludicrous.

Also, again, if you're saying my ISP is the reason I can't access, you're saying its the issue. They go hand in hand.
Yuzuru Otonashi

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by ElenaRPG October 16th 2012, 12:58 pm

I have a question. Smile
My forum is working again since saturday night, but... Is possible, that the forum(s) won't works again?

(Sorry, but I don't speak English perfectly.)
ElenaRPG
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Language : deutsch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 16th 2012, 1:03 pm

ElenaRPG wrote:I have a question. Smile
My forum is working again since saturday night, but... Is possible, that the forum(s) won't works again?

No as far as i know the problem has been fixed at FM's side and your forum should now be ok unless some thing else goes wrong with the servers but i really can't see it being a problem now Wink
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ElenaRPG October 16th 2012, 1:07 pm

APE wrote:
ElenaRPG wrote:I have a question. Smile

No as far as i know the problem has been fixed at FM's side and your forum should now be ok unless some thing else goes wrong with the servers but i really can't see it being a problem now Wink

Thank you. Smile This is a comforting fact.
ElenaRPG
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Language : deutsch

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2012, 1:19 pm

Yuzuru Otonashi wrote:No, it's definitely your meh English. You keep using improper sentence structure, and it irks me because you keep saying thugs that make no sense in proper context.

I'm not being rude by saying it's a Forumotion issue. I'm just telling it as it is. Blamin multiple devices and connections, in addition to thousands, if not millions, of users, is horrible. What's someone with less knowledge of the Internet, much less computers, gonna do? Are you just gonna tell them "oh well"?

All I've gotten since my first post here was "Your fault, use our method to fix it." I did that. I've done everything I've been told to do, with the exception of calling a company at 6 in the morning. And still, you're blaming me (and others in a similar situation) for Forumotion's problems. There is no way on earth you can expect all the people that use your sites to know how to flush their DNS and the like. It's ludicrous.

Also, again, if you're saying my ISP is the reason I can't access, you're saying its the issue. They go hand in hand.

I'm French and when someone is trying to explain me something in French, when it's not his native language, I try to understand.
Blaming him just because his sentences aren't perfect, that's what I call being rude Smile

So, once again, in a perfect English : your ISP isn't in cause.
That's just a cache issue now, in your case. Because the DNS issue is solved since a long time.

Thank you Very Happy
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by lh0103 October 16th 2012, 3:27 pm

To all admins, helpers and techs....thank you for all your effort and time spend in solving this problem.......it is highly appriciated....for the moment I'm back on.
lh0103
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 16th 2012, 3:53 pm

lh0103 wrote:To all admins, helpers and techs....thank you for all your effort and time spend in solving this problem.......it is highly appriciated....for the moment I'm back on.

Thanks a lot for your patience Wink

This issue shouldn't occur again .
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape October 16th 2012, 6:50 pm

lh0103 wrote:To all admins, helpers and techs....thank you for all your effort and time spend in solving this problem.......it is highly appriciated....for the moment I'm back on.
Thank you for your comment it's always nice to see a thank you for the help we have gave.

I'm just glad you are back in your forum and are happy with the service we have gave.

Thank you

Ape [Only Topic] My forum won't load - Page 14 Ascaso
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by zippo933 October 16th 2012, 7:51 pm

zippo933 wrote:Tried all the above suggestions and still no change. In fact, it's gotten worse which suggests it's not a problem on my end but still something with forumotion. -_-

The forum(s) concerned:
http://aetu.forumotion.com/, http://reverie.forumotion.net, http://darkreq.forumotion.com/

A screenshot of the error message
Loading Error; Chrome
Loading Error; Firefox
Broken Images; Chrome

Your ISP: Frontier

The images started not loading yesterday. If this was a problem on my end and I made no changes to my computer settings nothing should have changed with the images. They loaded fine on Saturday when I first couldn't log on to the above sites. Even this site tends to not load for me from time to time.

The only ifnromtation I've been given (multiple times) since posting is that my ISP isn't the issue and yet the only possible solution is to call my ISP. That....honestly doesn't make sense to me. If the issue isn't with my ISP then why should I have to call them to fix it?
zippo933

Back to top Go down

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil October 16th 2012, 10:11 pm

It is still not working Sad I can't edit anything in the acp with the proxy either.. guess i'll just ditch my forum.
TWIZTEDxDevil
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

http://psvmods.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks October 16th 2012, 11:04 pm

Not fixed.Side question....how come I can get on with my mobile phone?
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
Forumember

Male Posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Aja Blue October 17th 2012, 12:07 am

Just wanted to thank those whom are working to resolve this issue. It is much appreciated! - Aja Blue
Aja Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by HogwartsAcademy October 17th 2012, 2:05 am

I cleared my cache, rebooted my computer, rebooted my modem, and the same people that can't get on cannot visit my website. I can, I always could, I never gotten one error on my own forum in my LIFE. I followed all the steps, cleared my DNS flushed it did everything possible, and they still cannot get on or view any other forumotion site. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!??
HogwartsAcademy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Toddseahawks October 17th 2012, 2:50 am

Toddseahawks wrote:Not fixed.Side question....how come I can get on with my mobile phone?

Just anf FYI, im back on now for the first time since friday. :wouhou:
Toddseahawks
Toddseahawks
Forumember

Male Posts : 106

Back to top Go down

Post by Rii SouL October 17th 2012, 4:55 am

Yay!!! :wouhou:

Thank you so much Forumotion Staff and all your Helpers. Finally I'm entirely back up and running on all my devices; phone, pc and laptop!!!

Just wanted to add..
I know it isn't an easy job you have, and though sometimes it's very frustrating to us all not to be able to do what we need to do, it's very easy to just blame and point fingers etc. We sometimes forget that it isn't easy to interpret written context, especially when we do not all speak the same language. We can't really hear tones of voices or see face expressions. Believe me I know, I am a translator English/Spanish - Spanish/English. And sometimes things get so taken out of context when frustrated or angry. I just want to say thank you for being patient with all of us as well and for working so hard to get this problem resolved.

Thank you and keep up the good work! We do appreciate all that you do to keep our services running as smoothly as possible under given circumstances.

Regrds, Wink
Rii
Rii SouL
Rii SouL
Forumember

Female Posts : 43
Language : Englis-Spanish

http://the-lost-souls.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket October 17th 2012, 5:09 am

Thank you for your kind words. : )
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman23 October 17th 2012, 6:40 am

APE wrote:let me try to help here,
when FM send data out all over the world they send it from there DSN servers... Right there was a problem with the DSN server at FM's End and they have now fixed that problem.

Now why you are having the problem is Your ISP save data in there cache data banks and do a clean up of that once every now and then...This is not Your ISP's problem is just how things work all over the world no matter who is your ISP.. some clear there cache faster then others. with resetting your modem this some times calls for that clean up and some times it don't.

If your still having the problem once doing the steps Me and leeloo have gave then i would ask you just to give your ISP a call and ask them to clear the cache for you.

FM are more then sorry for this problem and have worked hard to get the problem there end fixed.

We know that you are really upset and there is lots of frustration but we are doing our best to help you out as much as we can.

And i know it may not seem it but FM really do care about it's members.

Ape.

I know little about all the tech stuff with caches and DNS and stuff like that, but would changing your IP address help?

I noticed that when I couldn't get on my forum I could using a proxy site. If you can change your IP address would this possibly let you get on.

If anyone's still having problems with this and wants to try changing their IP address, there are a few ways to do it. If you use a linksys router I know if you go your URL and enter 192.168.1.1 you can go to your router setup page. It will ask for a username and password and you would normally set this up when you first hook up your router. If you haven't done this then it should just be username: admin password: admin

You can then click mac address clone and just change the last two numbers to anything you want and then click save settings. Then click status and release, then renew. You can then just unplug your modem and router and plug them back up to reset it and it should give you a new IP address.

IDK if changing your IP will help or not, but if you would like to try go for it and see if it works
Brianman23
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster October 17th 2012, 7:05 am

Sent a newsletter out regarding this to my members and am awaiting response but at this point I have over 75 members who cannot log in.
koimaster
koimaster
Forumember

Male Posts : 162
Language : english

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 17th 2012, 9:49 am

Brianman23 wrote:
I know little about all the tech stuff with caches and DNS and stuff like that, but would changing your IP address help?

I noticed that when I couldn't get on my forum I could using a proxy site. If you can change your IP address would this possibly let you get on.

If anyone's still having problems with this and wants to try changing their IP address, there are a few ways to do it. If you use a linksys router I know if you go your URL and enter 192.168.1.1 you can go to your router setup page. It will ask for a username and password and you would normally set this up when you first hook up your router. If you haven't done this then it should just be username: admin password: admin

You can then click mac address clone and just change the last two numbers to anything you want and then click save settings. Then click status and release, then renew. You can then just unplug your modem and router and plug them back up to reset it and it should give you a new IP address.

IDK if changing your IP will help or not, but if you would like to try go for it and see if it works

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Wink

Yes, some people were able to access their forum through a proxy.

Also, the Russian community has found another solution : they are using the browser Comodo Dragon.
From what they say, that solved the loading issue on all forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I remind that this should be due to a cache system on your computer, your browser or your Internet connection.

Thank you !
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Made October 17th 2012, 5:43 pm

Leeloo wrote:
[b]I repeat that A DNS change has caused this problem. Now, the base DNS configuration has been restored (since more than 24 hours yet).

A DNS change doesn't happen out of the blue. Why don't you say it as it is and explain your members that it was Forumotion that changed its DNS 'causing all these troubles? As I said before, if FM took the time to let forum admins know of these major changes beforehand, we wouldn't be all "bothering" you with our complaints and problems.

Having said that, many of my members have followed or "tried to follow" your tech instructions and are still unable to log in. Some can do it from their phones but not from standard PCs or laptops. I gather that at this point the only way to solve this is that each of them contact their ISP provider and ask THEM to clear THEIR caches. Is that right?

Last edited by Made on October 17th 2012, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Made
Made
Forumember

Female Posts : 180

Back to top Go down

Post by Iirlane October 17th 2012, 6:59 pm

Some of my members have still problems today.
Iirlane
Iirlane
Forumember

Female Posts : 99

http://www.mustrimaailm.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by kathleenelsie October 17th 2012, 8:37 pm

I get this message. I have cleaned my computer etc.

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at help.forumotion.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
ww.example.com instead of
www.example.com
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
kathleenelsie

Language : American English

Back to top Go down

Post by UKsLaVo October 17th 2012, 10:29 pm

Hello there...

few members call me that have same problem like is written here,
I mean, that they cannot connect to our forum.

Please (admin, moderators), can you check our forum?

www.vstromclub.slovakforum.net

Thank you very much.

Slavo
UKsLaVo

Language : English, Slovak, Czech

http://vstromclub.slovakforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil October 17th 2012, 10:46 pm

Rideem3 wrote:That may be because Comodo Dragon changes the DNS server to point to theirs. So perhaps the main fix is to change your DNS server.

Did that, still doesn't load.
TWIZTEDxDevil
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster October 18th 2012, 1:08 am

My forum admin is using the ISP rcn.com and they have cleared his cache, I have remoted into his laptop and PC ( I am a network engineer ) without resolution.

I am assuming that he will have to use a proxy from now on until some type of fix can be found which will allow everyone to log in. Some cannot log in from tablets or phones also.
koimaster
koimaster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by HogwartsAcademy October 18th 2012, 2:04 am

I cleared my cache, rebooted my computer, rebooted my modem, and the same people that can't get on cannot visit my website. I can, I always could, I never gotten one error on my own forum in my LIFE. I followed all the steps, cleared my DNS flushed it did everything possible, and they still cannot get on or view any other forumotion site. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!??
HogwartsAcademy
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TWIZTEDxDevil October 18th 2012, 4:08 am

HogwartsAcademy wrote:I cleared my cache, rebooted my computer, rebooted my modem, and the same people that can't get on cannot visit my website. I can, I always could, I never gotten one error on my own forum in my LIFE. I followed all the steps, cleared my DNS flushed it did everything possible, and they still cannot get on or view any other forumotion site. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!??

Same... it's been a week now -.-
TWIZTEDxDevil
TWIZTEDxDevil
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Brianman23 October 18th 2012, 4:14 am

Leeloo wrote:
Brianman23 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your help. Wink

Yes, some people were able to access their forum through a proxy.

Also, the Russian community has found another solution : they are using the browser Comodo Dragon.
From what they say, that solved the loading issue on all forums.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I remind that this should be due to a cache system on your computer, your browser or your Internet connection.

Thank you !

thanks leelo. I'm glad to help any way I can.

Also to anyone who wants to try changing their IP address and doesn't have a linksys router, you can google how to change your IP address. There are multiple youtube videos explaining different methods step by step.

I have been able to get on my forum just fine for several days now. I only had these problems for a couple of days and it was on and off. I was able to get on with a proxy and I didn't go through all the other steps that have been posted on here either before I was able to get on my forum consistently again.
Brianman23
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by koimaster October 18th 2012, 7:40 am

The question is why should a user have to change their IP? This is not their fault and many do not have the technical ability to do so even with instructions.

It is issues like this which confirm my desire to have a back up of my forum which is three years old with 18,000 topics and almost 200K posts. That is a lot of work which an issue like this or other server related issues can lose.

One member is waiting for one of his relatives to show up so he can have them try to get connectivity again.
koimaster
koimaster
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next