The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Notification Forum Buttons

3 posters

Go down

Solved Post Notification Forum Buttons

Post by Korvic October 23rd 2012, 4:49 am

Creation Type: Post Notification Forum Buttons

Size (In Pixels): 60 x 60

Primary Colors: Deep Red & Dark Grey

Secondary Colors: A brass-like gold hue. See the image below for a better reference to colours.

Link to My Forumotion Forum: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Username on forum: Korvic

Extra Comments: Hello all! Korvic here. I normally am not one for asking for graphics help, therefore I will not ask for you to do 100% of the work, however I need some help brainstorming up some ideas to go with the rest of my forum. I've included a snapshot of my forum's look for quick reference as of right now. Basically the theme is medieval on the verge of steampunk technology, however not fully steampunk. I like the whole having the piece of paper there as this is a forum about roleplay, so a note would make sense, however I can't think of anything that matches it that well that isn't what's already there. What's already there is too bland, or something along those lines. It just feels off. I know many of you are more than capable graphic designers as well, and I was hoping someone could lend me their brain for a few seconds to give me at least an idea to run off of. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated!

-Korvic

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Korvic on November 2nd 2012, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Male Posts : 143
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Post Notification Forum Buttons

Post by BlackScorpion October 24th 2012, 5:47 am

Maybe some daggers or a new updated scroll without the circle might change the look of things? Simple things make big changes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
No support provided via PM!
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7010

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 24th 2012, 7:00 am

I'm just trying to find a scroll that'd work well with it though. That one looks too cartoony... If that makes any sense. Could you explain more about your daggers idea?
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 25th 2012, 7:00 am

B-B-Bump?
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 25th 2012, 5:45 pm

Hmmm...less cartoony. Would a scroll like this be more suited to your needs?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

You could use daggers, instead, yes. Crossing the blades would make for a find post icon, though either those or a scroll could be considered cliche by some, so it really just depends on your personal taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 28th 2012, 5:23 am

I've been trying with that scroll, but try as I might, I can't get anything to look good. Perhaps an example of something you think would look good is in order? :3
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2012, 5:57 am

Alrighty. =) Do you have just the circular frame that's behind the scrolls you're currently using? If I have that blank frame, I can see what I can put together for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 28th 2012, 6:04 am

Well the frame can be redone to anything you'd like. (I'd prefer it redone and not so pointy. :/) I did use this texture for the behind of the scroll.

Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2012, 7:40 am

Alright, I'll work on this. =) Thank you for the image, this will help a little.

EDIT:
So how would something like this work for you?

Back to top Go down

Post by levy October 28th 2012, 8:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Locked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] No new messages
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] New messages
levy
levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2632
Language : English, Romanian

https://portofolio.goodforum.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 28th 2012, 10:27 pm

Leah7 wrote:Alright, I'll work on this. =) Thank you for the image, this will help a little.

EDIT:
So how would something like this work for you?

That looks lovely, I would just love it even more if the gold for the circle was a bit less saturated, and the saturation of the blades taken down to 0 (or close to). Idea here, perhaps have it so that the new post is like a gleam of light off of the blade, and when there is no new posts, the background behind the blades is less saturated, and there is no gleam of light. (By gleam I mean a sparkle type of thing)

EDIT:
Also, if the red could be a bit darker, it would be perfect! Thank you so much for helping me get past this graphics block. Razz

RicYiu wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Locked
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] No new messages
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] New messages

These are nice, I would use them except that I'm looking for something with a bit more pizzazz than that. Those would look great for a more 2-D forum though! ^_^
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 28th 2012, 10:39 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 29th 2012, 6:38 am

Could the shine be a bit brighter/the no new posts daggers made darker? Also the red darkened (possibly with Satin) would make it perfect!

EDIT:
Also perhaps a locked one could have chains around the daggers. Although I do not need it, if you made the tree you could post them as a set.

EDIT2:
=.= I feel so horrible asking for more work, but could the no new posts background be made to be darker/have less saturation than the new posts one? (New posts one being darkened as well from it's current state)
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 29th 2012, 7:20 am

Well, I tried the chains for your locked one and could not get it to work right for the life of me. However, I did make this for fun, even though it doesn't really match your style, but it might come in handy if you ever do a special theme/event:

What other ideas would you have for a locked one other than chains? I could make the blades red, as well, with low saturation, but that would be a little less realistic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 29th 2012, 2:17 pm

Hmm, well perhaps we could do something where the blades actually move. Become rusty, that could work. The blood is interesting, it just needs a more reflective and slightly (super slightly) transparent aspect to it. I am still imagining the chains around them and it's the most perfect thing I can see.

With those chains you could put a layer in behind and a layer in front, have them cross over. (Just trying to help with the chain idea at the same time.) And you could use this picture (the lower chain) to make it have a lock in the front layer.

Also, rather than ask you for a million more edits due to how picky I am for the strangest of things, could I have a PSD of those? That way I can just change whatever is needed for mine. Razz
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 30th 2012, 4:17 pm

Okay, so this is about the closest thing I could get with the chains you provided with me...mind you, this is just a demo without me actually messing with the chain, yet, because I'm wanting to know if you like it around the overall icon like that or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic October 31st 2012, 5:44 pm

Yes, so much yes. The chain just needs to look a bit more worn (dark), and it'd be perfect (except the tiny details that are just me matching colours, hard to describe them to you). As I had asked earlier, if it'd be possible to get the PSDs to these three icons I would be forever grateful.
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 31st 2012, 6:38 pm

You should have a PM about your PSD request. =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Korvic November 2nd 2012, 1:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Old Posts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] New Posts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Locked Posts

Those were more or less the colours I had in mind, it still looks wonderful, and I thank you very much for these. This is solved, locked, and thanked. :3
Korvic
Korvic
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest November 2nd 2012, 2:06 am

Request complete.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Topic moved to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down