How to lock the whole forum Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
4 posters

How to lock the whole forum

~°°Complicated°°~
    ~°°Complicated°°~

Female Posts : 9
    Language : English, Croatian

In progress How to lock the whole forum

Post by ~°°Complicated°°~ November 2nd 2012, 1:02 pm

Hey guys, I know there have been topics similar to this one, but I haven't found an answer to this particular question: is there any way to lock the whole forum so that no one (expect the Admins of course) can't see anything, not even the design?
    I would like to know is it possible to lock it up in a way that when someone comes on the forum there is only black background and the message that it's under maintenance.
    Thanks in advance for the answer! Smile
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922
    Language : English

In progress Re: How to lock the whole forum

Post by Jophy November 2nd 2012, 1:07 pm

Hello,

Not sure what's your real question:
    is there any way to lock the whole forum so that no one (expect the Admins of course) can't see anything, not even the design?
    You can do this through permissions Perms

Admin Panel > General > Categories & Forums > Permissions(for the forum) Perms
    Make sure that the view and read box for members, moderators and other groups(if there is) is unchecked > Save
    ~°°Complicated°°~
    ~°°Complicated°°~

Female Posts : 9
    Language : English, Croatian

Post by ~°°Complicated°°~ November 4th 2012, 11:09 pm

Thanks for your answer but I already know that, I was wondering is there any way to lock it so they don't see anything, not only the categories and posts but the front page, the colors and pictures of the site, like the site doesn't currently exist while it's on maintenance. But now I don't need it anymore, thanks anyway! Smile
    The admins can delete this topic if they don't have the answer or don't understand my question either.
    lustromlingmech
    Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Post by lustromlingmech November 9th 2012, 7:17 am

You happen to be lucky that I've seen this topic. There is a thing where you can declare your forum is under maintenance. Go to your admin panel, general, then configuration. There's an option that says, "forum under construction:" Click yes, then nobody but you will have access to it until 24 hours prior to the closing. You can click "customize" to customize the message that appears.

I haven't actually tried it, so I don't know how well it should fit your needs.
    Kaizer Lee
    Kaizer Lee
    Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
    Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese

Post by Kaizer Lee November 9th 2012, 9:54 am

The Under Construction sometimes gets a no so I suggest for you to check it once a day as well so in case it goes open, you can lock it but the above user's method is efficient so try it.
    Jophy
    Jophy
    ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17922

Post by Jophy November 9th 2012, 1:17 pm

~°°Complicated°°~ wrote:Thanks for your answer but I already know that, I was wondering is there any way to lock it so they don't see anything, not only the categories and posts but the front page, the colors and pictures of the site, like the site doesn't currently exist while it's on maintenance. But now I don't need it anymore, thanks anyway! Smile
    The admins can delete this topic if they don't have the answer or don't understand my question either.
    Topic Solved & Locked