The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Languages

2 posters

Go down

Languages  Empty Languages

Post by Derri November 2nd 2012, 10:22 pm

Hello,

I know that when we want a forum to be added to the advertising section on this site that it must be in English. However I was wondering. If majority of the forum is in English the would it be possible to accept the proposal even though we allow people to speak in other languages on our forum/have a section devoted to the non english speaking community. Its just a friend of mine is considering using forumotion and wants to create a forum however for education purposes he is wanting to create a section where other languages are spoken and he was wondering if and when he does, if his proposal when he uses adverting on here would be accepted.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Languages  Empty Re: Languages

Post by Sanket November 4th 2012, 3:46 am

It won't be accepted, if the user wants to change the language he can change it via his preferences. But, the board language needs to be in english. We have this to avoid, advertising from users who have their board language other than English.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Languages  Empty Re: Languages

Post by Derri November 4th 2012, 1:24 pm

I am talking about say a section that was titled "Modern Languages" and it has the description. "Want to learn a language or need help with one come here and seek help or give help"

I am talking about a section on a forum where people could learn a language.

If it had that and it was the ONLY place you could talk in a foreign language then would it get approved and be okay?

Since the site is an English speaking community but has help for people who want to learn another language.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down