The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New "Like" button tutorial problem.

3 posters

Go down

New "Like" button tutorial problem. Empty New "Like" button tutorial problem.

Post by The Lone Ranger November 3rd 2012, 11:42 pm

Hi guys, I followed this tutorial New like button for Invision and got what I wanted for a few days, but in the last couple of days the "like" counter isn't working. It does add the "like" but it doesn't say "loading" any more when you click on it, and when you refresh the page it resets to "Zero". I have "reputation" activated in the "profile". I also have Javascript code activated. I changed the background colour of the button to suit my forum from #105289 to #ABB457 on CSS but I didn't think that would stop it from working. Can anyone help please?
www.tenerifeforumoffun.com if you need to see it.

Thanks in advance. Very Happy
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Male Posts : 443
Language : English

http://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com

Back to top Go down

New "Like" button tutorial problem. Empty Re: New "Like" button tutorial problem.

Post by The Lone Ranger November 4th 2012, 5:02 pm

Any one? My "like" counter is still not working. Still resets to zero when page is refreshed. Very Happy
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Back to top Go down

New "Like" button tutorial problem. Empty Re: New "Like" button tutorial problem.

Post by The Lone Ranger November 5th 2012, 6:17 pm

OK. Looks like I'll have to do without it. I've un-installed it, mark as solved.
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum November 5th 2012, 9:12 pm

You can find the issue by viewing your browsers error console... it will give you a handy little error message which you can post here.

For FF and Chrome press ctrl + alt + j to open the console... anything else please google.

Unfortunately, I can't know what is wrong without you providing this extra detail.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down

Post by lustromlingmech November 9th 2012, 7:39 am

LGforum wrote:You can find the issue by viewing your browsers error console... it will give you a handy little error message which you can post here.

For FF and Chrome press ctrl + alt + j to open the console... anything else please google.

Unfortunately, I can't know what is wrong without you providing this extra detail.
I can add to some of that detail. If you're usung Safari on Mac, right click something and click inspect element. Then you will get a little code section in the bottom of the screen. I think you have to have developers tools installed though.
lustromlingmech
Forumember

Male Posts : 66

Back to top Go down

Post by LGforum November 9th 2012, 2:31 pm

Inspecting an element will open the DOM Inspector part of the developer tools, we need the console Wink
Don't worry, all browsers have an error console built in to them and 90% have a DOM Inspector, there is no need to install anything.

Also Safari and Chrome will have the same console, since they are both Webkit.
LGforum
LGforum
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2265

Back to top Go down