The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

System Clock for Australia

+4
RadioHead
Kaizer Lee
Shadow
BilliB
8 posters

Go down

In progress System Clock for Australia

Post by BilliB November 13th 2012, 5:55 am

Hello
Not sure if this is the right place but I have a problem.

I am the Administrator of my forum and I live and operate from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
In the System time section for Admin there is a lot of areas not even mentioned and does not take into account that there is daylight saving in Australia.

example:

Firstly we are currently in Daylight saving time. Brisbane stays normal @ +10.00 UTC (or Greenwich mean time) when the eastern seaboard is on normal time, all cities, Hobart, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane is EST UTC +10.00, when it is daylight saving time Melbourne & Sydney is DST UTC +11.00 (they are 1 hour ahead of normal time)

However when I set my time at UTC +10.00 it shows on the screen as 1 hour ahead. This I believe throws the whole of Australia time out of sync.

It will be interesting to see if this can be fixed. I have members all over Australia and no one has the right time for when they logged in etc.

A Bit wordy but I hope some one can help me.
BilliB
Forumember

Male Posts : 26
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: System Clock for Australia

Post by Shadow November 13th 2012, 11:05 am

Hello,

In fact, the problem is that our Timezone system doesn't take in account the daylight saving time in Australia ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB November 13th 2012, 12:30 pm

Wish I had know that 2 years and many dollars ago. But is there a fix or am I stuck with what I have.
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaizer Lee November 13th 2012, 12:33 pm

Would it be advisable for you to install a widget instead though Smile

<center><script src="http://www.clocklink.com/embed.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">obj=new Object;obj.clockfile="5005-green.swf";obj.TimeZone="GMT0800";obj.width=120;obj.height=40;obj.wmode="transparent";showClock(obj);</script></center>

Here's my code for my world clock. I use this clock for tournaments I hold, so yeah. Just adjust the one I highlighted to your correct time zone. (The one with red)

Last edited by Frances Kaizer on November 13th 2012, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Had to remove the red code since it didn't make the highlight red.)
Kaizer Lee
Kaizer Lee
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1064
Language : English, Tagalog, Spanish and Chinese

http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB November 13th 2012, 12:43 pm

Frances Kaizer wrote:Would it be advisable for you to install a widget instead though Smile

<center><script src="http://www.clocklink.com/embed.js"></script><script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">obj=new Object;obj.clockfile="5005-green.swf";obj.TimeZone="GMT0800";obj.width=120;obj.height=40;obj.wmode="transparent";showClock(obj);</script></center>

Here's my code for my world clock. I use this clock for tournaments I hold, so yeah. Just adjust the one I highlighted to your correct time zone. (The one with red)

Thank you for that, I already have two other clocks on the forum but members tend to look at the system clock at the top of the page. If it is useless I would rather just delete it but I don't think that is an option. Stinks when we always tend to be forgotten and put in the too hard basket.

I will try the code so thanks :wouhou:
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead November 13th 2012, 2:21 pm

Hi Mate,

Ive been using this service for a few years myself, and a year or so ago when FM changed from GMT to UTC Time they lost a few of the timezones.
Before it used to work and used to have Sydney, Brisbane, Perth, Hobart and the DST was accurate.

I used to live near Brissie so the time had to be accurate as I had DST in NSW.

Maybe Leeloo can get this fixed?
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Arrow November 13th 2012, 3:00 pm

I may know away to not display the system clock but will need a link to your site if the below CSS does not work.

Code:
.current-time {
    display: none !Important;
}
Arrow
Arrow
Forumember

Male Posts : 121

http://www.lastworldrpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow November 13th 2012, 4:21 pm

Leeloo wrote:Hello,

In fact, the problem is that our Timezone system doesn't take in account the daylight saving time in Australia ?

BilliB wrote:Wish I had know that 2 years and many dollars ago. But is there a fix or am I stuck with what I have.

That was a question.

I asked you if this is the problem that you report. It seems so...

I'm going to see this with the techs Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB November 14th 2012, 1:25 pm

Leeloo wrote:
Leeloo wrote:Hello,

BilliB wrote:Wish I had know that 2 years and many dollars ago. But is there a fix or am I stuck with what I have.

That was a question.

I asked you if this is the problem that you report. It seems so...

I'm going to see this with the techs Wink

Thank you for any support you can provide. In my opening statement I thought I explained my problem. In a nut shell the system time clock does not work, or my system time clock doesn't work as I believe it should. loul :rose:
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow November 14th 2012, 1:59 pm

Thank you.

The techs are working on this issue, I hope to have good news soon.

Wink
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB November 22nd 2012, 2:07 pm

Rideem3 wrote:Moved to Need a Technician

This is interesting. I have had no response since this was moved on the 16th Nov 12.

Can anyone come up with a solution. I would be so happy if this obvious fault in this forum system time clock could be fixed or am I the only one with this problem?.

Each and every member who lives outside of the state I live in has this problem and it even shows my clock as one hour ahead. Very confusing and disappointing.

Please make me smile..... Smile and happy Very Happy bigsmurf

BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray November 22nd 2012, 10:40 pm

It has been moved here for the techs to work on it. You need to know that this is just one of many other issues they are looking into right now.

System Clock for Australia Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB December 14th 2012, 12:51 pm

slg wrote:It has been moved here for the techs to work on it. You need to know that this is just one of many other issues they are looking into right now.

Hello Just checking back, Oh Well, so no updates, maybe I will get some news in 2013.

So in the mean time I would like to wish everyone on this forum a very

santa Merry Christmas rendeer & a smurf Happy New Year lol! .
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener December 26th 2012, 5:24 am

Don't the members, of a forum, have to set their own time in their profiles??

The means of doing this can be found in their Profiles>>Preferences scroll down to the bottom of the page.

This may help with your problem, BilliB.

patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Female Posts : 351

http://apatiogarden.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 December 26th 2012, 10:09 am

Yes that is correct...but it still doesn't have Qld time in the options Sad
Sweetheart1
Sweetheart1
Forumember

Female Posts : 146

http://copyrightcorner.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener December 26th 2012, 10:51 am

You will have to be creative during the rest of east coast Australia's Summer Time & use UTC + 9hrs which is Pyongyang, Seoul & Tokyo, for Brisbane's time & the rest of Qld. That would give you your correct time during daylight savings time. Other members who live in the parts of Australia, which do have Summer Time, are covered with the available time zones, including Perth, Western Australia.

It would seem that whoever set up the time list did not realise that, although Brisbane & Queensland are on the east coast of Australia, this region does not have daylight savings time like the rest of the east coast of Aust. When we return to standard time, next year, you should be ok.
patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweetheart1 December 26th 2012, 11:14 am

UTC+9 gives us Canberra,Sydney which is an hour ahead of us.I think it's about time it was updated to include Qld as we are a huge chunk of Australia :/
Sweetheart1
Sweetheart1
Forumember

Female Posts : 146

http://copyrightcorner.aforumfree.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by patiogardener December 26th 2012, 11:23 am

This is done from France & I'm afraid Qld would not rate on their radar. My forum & profile is set to AESST & shows UTC + 10 as being Melbourne & Canberra, which is the time zone I use as I live in Northern NSW. Note, Sydney isn't even mentioned.

As I said, be creative & use Canberra & Melbourne's UTC +9 (winter time) as Qld's current non-daylight saving's time. After all you won't have to change anything when our clocks roll back next year.

patiogardener
patiogardener
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead January 26th 2013, 5:12 pm

patiogardener wrote:This is done from France & I'm afraid Qld would not rate on their radar. My forum & profile is set to AESST & shows UTC + 10 as being Melbourne & Canberra, which is the time zone I use as I live in Northern NSW. Note, Sydney isn't even mentioned.

As I said, be creative & use Canberra & Melbourne's UTC +9 (winter time) as Qld's current non-daylight saving's time. After all you won't have to change anything when our clocks roll back next year.

Just so you know, when we had GMT Time, QLD DID get it's own unique time slot, so it is in need of correcting.
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB January 27th 2013, 5:53 am

Thank you, I have other clocks in place and so far I am prepared to wait. For how long it doesn't matter.
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead March 26th 2013, 12:35 pm

Anyone got an update?
RadioHead
RadioHead
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BilliB March 26th 2013, 1:56 pm

RadioHead wrote:Anyone got an update?

Haven't heard anything since last year. I have been thinking of closing this forum and setting one up through my url provider and it costs nothing to run. I think I have been extremely patient with my request but what you said in a previous post could be right. guitar Maybe I am not playing the right tune.
BilliB
Forumember

Back to top Go down