The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transferring Threads

2 posters

Go down

In progress Transferring Threads

Post by electricsymphony Thu 3 Jan - 21:50

So, I'm an admin on a forummotions site--a 'The Vampire Diaries' discussion forum--but due to recent events that have transpired with our members, it has become inevitable that we need to move our role play section outside of the main site and into its own seperate forum. I've already registered a forum with jcink for this purpose and have done quite a bit in getting it ready for use. My problem comes, however, with the 15,000 posts and 23 threads within the role play board on forummotions that have already been logged over the course of the last six months. I'd really like to be able to somehow transfer those threads/posts over to the new jcink site in a way that doesn't require me manually copy and pasting every single page, which could potentially take a very long time.

Now I know there are no ways to transfer entire sites onto a different server, I understand that and I am not asking for that. However, if anyone does have any ideas to make this transfer less of a monumental and tedious job, I'd really appreciate the help. Very Happy
electricsymphony

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Transferring Threads

Post by SLGray Thu 3 Jan - 21:57

Sorry you can not have access to the database to transfer posts, members, etc. You will have to manually copy and paste them to your new forum.

Transferring Threads Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum