The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Received notification of my Admin has been reported.

3 posters

Go down

Solved Received notification of my Admin has been reported.

Post by ladygenie January 12th 2013, 10:06 pm

I have received a notification that my friend who helps me with the site as Admin has been reported, apparently her avatar was reported as violent, and her avatar is of a young Goth Girl which she actually is, but her avatar is a cartoon picture, not a real photo

Her avatar has also been reported that she looks like she's on drugs, again her avatar is a cartoon pic, not a photo.

she has used the same avatar for many years on a well known chat website, nobody has ever complained about it, and never have the staff asked her to remove it.

No member on my forum has not complained about it either.

We have been having trouble with a member who was recently banned, he also holds a grudge about my Admin friend, and I am guessing that it is him who has put in these ridiculous reports.

He was banned for leaving an abusive message to her in the chatbox, he then returned with a different email address and nickname and left another abusive message for her in the chatbox.

He has also complained about an emote??? That it is violent....it's an emote/smiley!! It's not an actual photograph.

I have removed my Admin's avatar and also the emote/smiley, but to me this is very unfair to her. She is very upset about this and I'm also very upset....we have put a lot of work into our forum, and until that certain member joined it has been a happy and relaxed forum, and it returned to being that again once that member was banned.

Now because I have not received an actual email from Forumotion requesting that the avatar and emote was removed, I did so as we do not want to be closed down incase we are breaking any rules.

Could someone please tell me, is my Admin allowed to have her avatar and are we allowed to have the emote/smiley again?

If not, then we shall close our forum and go elsewhere.

Our forum address is http://simplyukchat.forumotion.co.uk

Many regards

Ladygenie (Founder)
ladygenie

Language : English (UK)

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Received notification of my Admin has been reported.

Post by The Lone Ranger January 12th 2013, 10:12 pm

I assume you got a red coloured warning on your AP about an "Abuse".This was just someone pressing the "Report an abuse" button at the bottom of your forum. These reports only go to your own admin and not to Forumotion litigation. If you feel that the avatar is OK just stick the report to "Done abuses" and ignore them.
The Lone Ranger
The Lone Ranger
Forumember

Male Posts : 443
Language : English

http://www.tenerifesforumoffun.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygenie January 12th 2013, 10:16 pm

Thank you Lone Ranger, we have never had a complaint or report before, I'm very relieved by your answer, as we have no wish to be breaking any rules, and thank you so much for your quick reply, I really appreciate it Very Happy
ladygenie

Language : English (UK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket January 13th 2013, 5:27 am

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down