The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bizzare glitch with deleted member?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Bizzare glitch with deleted member?

Post by Lone Wahya February 25th 2013, 3:23 pm

I experienced something very strange with a former user this past weekend whom had been deleted months ago. Somehow she became reactivated without admin intervention. According to activity logs in the admin panel this action was undertaken by the forum founder/admin but I can say with 100% certainty it was not done by "staff". I'm also fairly certain that account wasn't compromised as activating one lone deleted member was all that occurred. Is there a possibility our forums just experienced a very odd glitch? Any help in solving this mystery is greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by Lone Wahya on February 25th 2013, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lone Wahya

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Bizzare glitch with deleted member?

Post by Sanket February 25th 2013, 3:27 pm

What do you mean reactivated? Were her older posts that must've been appearing as guests, started to appear with the actual username?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Lone Wahya February 25th 2013, 3:39 pm

Apologies, it actually said a new user had joined our community which is currently locked to new members unless and admin creates an account for a prospective individual. Effectively we are currently a closed for new members site (or so we thought).

Here are the exact msgs:

"Hello,
A new member, called "xxxxx", has joined xxxxx. You can view his or her profile using the following link:"

followed by this one

"Hello,
The account owned by "xxxx" has been deactivated or newly created, you should check the details of this user (if required) and activate it using the following link:"

Since then the user HAS been removed by staff thinking it was a error of some sort.

********Please mark as solved! Somehow the allow new members got toggled back on and now I'm thinking the member may have tried to re-register perhaps. Terribly sorry, user error!!******
Lone Wahya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket February 25th 2013, 3:46 pm

Well, i cannot confirm what it was.
Don't have to worry about it though.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 25th 2013, 7:49 pm

Topic Solved & Locked

Bizzare glitch with deleted member? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down