The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Automated Awards System

4 posters

Go down

Would you like to see Forumotion adopt an automated awards system?

Automated Awards System Left11100%Automated Awards System Right11 100% 
[ 5 ]
Automated Awards System Left110%Automated Awards System Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Automated Awards System Empty Automated Awards System

Post by That Admin Person March 20th 2013, 12:54 am

When I followed the Forumotion tutorial on how to set up an awards system, I realized that the "system" is not automatic. Instead of manually having administrators of a forum have to go directly to each and every member to give them an award, why not have the awards system set up like ranks? You could set it up to where members get a specialized award after a certain number of posts, thanks, reps, points, or other achievements that the admin sets - That way you don't have to keep track on EVERY member you have. This would especially come in handy for forums with a large memberlist/member count.

But there would also be an option to turn the automatic awards OFF for those of you who do not want it.
That Admin Person
That Admin Person
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.8Grammys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Automated Awards System Empty Re: Automated Awards System

Post by JennyorAlice March 20th 2013, 1:43 am

There could potential be a problem with this.

If you make the award system "automatic", there may be some members that would purposely make posts in the forum with little or no content in it just to try to get that award.

If it's left like it is, then it's moderated by the administrators of the forum. By having this moderated by the admin, members can't just willy nilly post around the forum to try to get the awards.

For example, if you have a top poster award then you don't want someone trying to post in the forum with little or not content in it just so that individual can boost their post count.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by That Admin Person March 20th 2013, 4:49 am

Bazinga! wrote:There could potential be a problem with this.

If you make the award system "automatic", there may be some members that would purposely make posts in the forum with little or no content in it just to try to get that award.

If it's left like it is, then it's moderated by the administrators of the forum. By having this moderated by the admin, members can't just willy nilly post around the forum to try to get the awards.

For example, if you have a top poster award then you don't want someone trying to post in the forum with little or not content in it just so that individual can boost their post count.

For me (if I was using top poster), I would set the bar really high. Could you suggest something for this idea? It would really help for those of us that need it. I see what you're saying clearly though.
That Admin Person
That Admin Person
Forumember

http://www.8Grammys.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 20th 2013, 9:45 am

Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by JennyorAlice March 20th 2013, 3:01 pm

That Admin Person wrote:
Bazinga! wrote:There could potential be a problem with this.

For me (if I was using top poster), I would set the bar really high. Could you suggest something for this idea? It would really help for those of us that need it. I see what you're saying clearly though.

Yeah, my only problem with making the award system "automatic" is there wouldn't be anyone to moderate it. There are some people that would abuse the system to try to get the award and having someone moderate it would more than likely put a stop to that. Other than this, I wouldn't have a problem with making it "automatic", as far as I can see.

I still don't have any idea's that would work with the "automatic" type system. I've got plenty of idea's for an award system but they would all require being moderated.
JennyorAlice
JennyorAlice
Active Poster

Female Posts : 1204
Language : U. S. English

https://literatureaddict.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy January 14th 2014, 7:26 am

Automated Awards System Permis10Suggestion Clean up (3/1/2014)

-> Old suggestions(Please feel to create a new thread for the garbaged old suggestions)
-> Implemented suggestions
-> Suggestions which are currently suggested (Please use the SEARCH function)
-> Suggestions which are already possible
-> Unclear Suggestions

=> Please read the guidelines for the suggestion section: https://help.forumotion.com/t93899-suggestions-for-your-forums-how-to
=> Please take a look on the frequently suggested features for your forums:
https://help.forumotion.com/t79095-frequently-requested-suggestions-for-your-forums

Locked & Garbaged
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum