The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJAX Visitor Message and Add as a Friend and User's Wall issues

4 posters

Go down

In progress AJAX Visitor Message and Add as a Friend and User's Wall issues

Post by Rhino.Freak March 25th 2013, 12:02 pm

Using the tutorial given here for "Visitor Messages"
http://removed

and here for "Add as a friend and user's wall"
http://removed

I did as the steps told me to and added all the codes correctly, but in the visitor message part, there is NO message editor, looks like nothing happened after adding the codes, I hope anyone can help me!

also for the second part, how can I change the size, font color of the two links?

thanks to LGforum for the amazing codes.

Smile Thanks in Advanced! Smile

Your forum link may remain, if LGForum would like to message you or contact you
Forum Link
Invision

Edit: kirk
Due to the fact that you have to be a registered member to see how to add this feature and follow the rest of the tutorial. all links removed. for we do not allow links leading back to other sites of tutorials that you must register in order to see.

Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 1248
Language : English

http://freetest.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: AJAX Visitor Message and Add as a Friend and User's Wall issues

Post by SLGray March 25th 2013, 7:37 pm

If you are using the Forumotion toolbar, there is a notification for visitor messages.

AJAX Visitor Message and Add as a Friend and User's Wall issues Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 26th 2013, 6:30 am

im not using toolbar and the problem is not about the notification, the quick reply type text editor doesn't appear in the visitor messages part
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 27th 2013, 7:36 am

BUMP!! Sad
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 28th 2013, 6:15 am

can't anyone help me solve this problem?
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 28th 2013, 6:18 am

Have you tried to ask for help on avacweb?

AJAX Visitor Message and Add as a Friend and User's Wall issues Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 28th 2013, 6:25 am

nope, only here, as this is more active
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 29th 2013, 6:46 am

bump
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 29th 2013, 1:48 pm

i don't understand why people do not message LGforum or ask over there. LG is the one that is setting all the codes up for anything on his forum and he would know best, Makes me wonder if a lot of his stuff even works for others at times? i mean we get a lot of people posting questions here about things he has on his forum.

But once again it would be best to ask him about it. be sure to take your time and follow all steps correctly as well. i am sure a lot of problems people are having is because they are not following the directions correctly. Other then that he will know.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhino.Freak March 29th 2013, 2:06 pm

trust me I posted it on AvacWeb too..
Rhino.Freak
Rhino.Freak
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 29th 2013, 2:26 pm

Well some of these post are beginning to annoy me. not you the members for asking. Just that why is he or his staff not helping people with it ?

Sometimes LG seems to think everyone is a automatic professional and can tend to ignore those who may not know a lot about scripting??? IDK

If he has all this stuff on his forum for people to use then him and his staff should be helping people with it, not us here . We do forumotion support not AvacWeb forum support. We simply do not have the time to help with all post in relation to people having problems or not understanding how to set up AvacWeb scripts.

So he is going to have to step up and start helping people with it, because if not we are going to have to end up just locking all questions pertaining to scripts on his site, one again we have enough forumotion stuff to deal with let alone doing support for AvacWeb.

So idk i will take a look at it and see what it's about, to be honest i really do not know much about what he has on his forum, but know a lot of people like using a lot of what he has there, I mean this is really just starting become a burden on us here and is not fair to the members that are having problems and not being able to get it resolved. We get people asking here all the time for help with his scripts.

he has cool stuff people want to use it, but why should us forumotion staff have to be subjected to help do support every time someone runs in to a problem with something there. They are his modifications and creations he should be reaching out helping. And it is not like he hasn't in the past, he used to always help people with it all the time.

So anyway i will take a look and see if i can make heads or tails from it.

And once again it has nothing to do with you the members asking for help. Yous only want to get things to work on your forum correctly. But so many should not have to ask here if LG and or his staff would just help out more people with his things.

Last edited by kirk on March 29th 2013, 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ina March 29th 2013, 2:33 pm

If this forum creates such trouble with the scripts, why don't you people just quit using those scripts? You see now it's not working, but what if one day it will damage your forum? If is not working once, you ask the one who creates the code, if you don't get any answer, just delete the code and quit that forum. It's just as simple as that.
Ina
Ina
Forumember

Female Posts : 435
Language : All in one

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 29th 2013, 2:38 pm

Ina wrote:If this forum creates such trouble with the scripts, why don't you people just quit using those scripts? You see now it's not working, but what if one day it will damage your forum? If is not working once, you ask the one who creates the code, if you don't get any answer, just delete the code and quit that forum. It's just as simple as that.

Well a lot of the times it may be someone trying to use it on a forum version he dose not have it set up for like phpbb2, or perhaps someone not understanding how to set it up correctly or following the steps correctly.

I mean LG is good at what he dose and dose cool stuff, and it dose work, or at least works for him fine and many others as well, But for us here to do support every time for things he has there, it is taking away for us to deal with other forumotion problems, issues or inquirers, i am not trying to sound bitter with LG, i just wish he would help more people resolve things either at his forum or even here.

anyway let me take a look, i have never really explored much of his stuff and do not know if i can help or not?

Info added

See for me to understand and see what problem there may be, i have to set it all up on a test forum, and follow his directions step by step as well, then if i do run in to the same problems try to figure out how to fix. And i mean yes i am a support mod and like to help people with as much as i can. But cant do this and test it all the time for every inquiry, i /we forumotion staff will never be able to get any forumotion stuff done
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk March 29th 2013, 2:53 pm

Nope. ???

you have to log in or register to get the javascripts codes.
We do not allow links to other sites links posted here to where you have to register or log in to see how things are done.

If it is not open to the public for all to see, then we don't allow post/links to be posted here on forumotion support.

So you are going to have to message him or ask him there, this particular feature he has on there is not open to the public to see and you have to be a member to view the content. It is against forumotion support forum rules to allow any such post as these here if it is not is not open to the public.

>>>>locked

If you can provide all other parts and instructions needed, then i will unlock this and take another look at it, but without me having all parts and instructions there is no way i can even try to help Sad
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum