The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forumotion funding and privacy

2 posters

Go down

Solved Forumotion funding and privacy

Post by imellor March 27th 2013, 11:53 am

Hi All

I'm new to Forumotion and I am thinking or opening a new forum here.
However being sceptical about getting something for nothing, could I ask a couple of questions.....

1 How is Forumotion able to offer this service for free, where does the funding come from?
2 I can't see a privacy statement anywhere. Is there one? I'm particularly concerned about what Forumotion does with users sign up data?

Regards

Ian
imellor

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Forumotion funding and privacy

Post by Sanket March 27th 2013, 12:59 pm

1) Some of the features are available for a price, like custom domain, extra storage space, ad removal, copyrights removal. Also, ads displayed on users forums earn revenue.

2) I am not really sure about what you are asking. But, while creating the forum the users agree to this TOS which is also binding on FM.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by imellor March 27th 2013, 1:10 pm

Sanket wrote:1) Some of the features are available for a price, like custom domain, extra storage space, ad removal, copyrights removal. Also, ads displayed on users forums earn revenue.

2) I am not really sure about what you are asking. But, while creating the forum the users agree to this TOS which is also binding on FM.

Thank you

The 2nd point was around protection of users personal information, I wanted to ensure the Forumotion do not harvest users email address and sell them on etc. Normally most companies have a privacy statement defining what they will and won;t do with personal information?

Ian
imellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 27th 2013, 1:13 pm

I don't believe there is a statement for it. However, i am with FM since 2008 & 100% sure that emails are not misused or sold, i have never received spam. Wink
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by imellor March 27th 2013, 1:26 pm

Sanket wrote:I don't believe there is a statement for it. However, i am with FM since 2008 & 100% sure that emails are not misused or sold, i have never received spam. Wink

Excellent, it's nice to hear first hand from satisfied users.

Ian
imellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 27th 2013, 1:28 pm

Topic Solved & Locked
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru