The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incomprehensible problems on forum system?!

+2
Sanket
Decoder_Ppf
6 posters

Go down

In progress Incomprehensible problems on forum system?!

Post by Decoder_Ppf March 30th 2013, 8:02 pm

Hello, i'm administrator from the PowerPixel, a portuguese forum -> www.power-pixel.net
In this week we're having too many problems, i don't know if it's a bug, vulnerability or something like. A user can put yourself and another persons as moderator on the chat (i don't know if he use a code, but they don't have any permission as adminitrator), he can withdraw persons from staffs group, alter the profile from another persons and move topics as a moderator too.
At our admin log i don't found nothing!
I really don't know what it is, and i need help before my forum be totally hacked.
So i come here to ask any technical to examine my forum.

thx for ur attention.
Decoder_Ppf

Language : aed6ahQu

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Incomprehensible problems on forum system?!

Post by Sanket March 30th 2013, 8:06 pm

Users & groups>Group administration
Check if the user has been given admin access by mistake?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf March 30th 2013, 8:13 pm

Sanket wrote:Users & groups>Group administration
Check if the user has been given admin access by mistake?
No, he's not in the administrator group (http://www.power-pixel.net/g1-)
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 30th 2013, 8:15 pm

What makes you think he is doing anything then?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf March 30th 2013, 8:44 pm

Sanket wrote:What makes you think he is doing anything then?
He was a moderator from the forum, and was removed (from the moderator group and we remove her "mod permission" on the chat too) because he was bugging the chatbox, and doing some bad decisions. After be withdrawn he said "I can put myself as moderator here, do you want to see?" (in portuguese), some seconds after, he put herself as moderator and kicked a member from the chatbox, I try to clear the chat (thinking it was an "ilusion"), but he continued as moderator and i needed to take a "/unmod" to remove her mod.
This happened some days ago, and after this, a number strange things is happening everyday in my forum.
Here is her perfil: http://www.power-pixel.net/u19008 (he always helped us - administrators - making scripts Javascript/Jquery for the forum. So I verify all this script, but i found nothing.)
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket March 30th 2013, 8:46 pm

Ban the user first & foremost, if you think he is playing mischief.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 30th 2013, 11:45 pm

Did this member get removed from the group in the administration panel? Usually removing members from a group from the usergroups page will not really remove them.

Also is this member a chatbox moderator?
Administration Panel > Modules > Chatbox > Moderators

Incomprehensible problems on forum system?! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf April 1st 2013, 1:03 am

Sanket wrote:Ban the user first & foremost, if you think he is playing mischief.
If I ban his account, he just have to create another. And if i ban his IP, he just have to disconnect and connect the internet again to receive another IP (here in brazil, we have dinamics IP).
Now, some signatures of member are changing ""automatically"" with a image and link of one of our rivals, the "Universal Fórum", take a look on the signature of this member:
http://www.power-pixel.net/t37195p15-cms-ihabbo-new-crypto#257950
Several members are complaining because your signature was changed. I don't wanna accuse anybody of the Universal, because i don't have sure that was they. But i want a position/sentence of forumeiros/forumotion/etc...
I'll try to remove the chatbox, and verify our javascript again, but i really don't know what to do anymore...

SLGray wrote:Did this member get removed from the group in the administration panel? Usually removing members from a group from the usergroups page will not really remove them.

I already verify it, and no, he don't have any permission as moderator, administrator, etc. He is just a normal member since we withdraw he from our team.And even if he were a moderator on the chat, he couldn't put another person as moderator.

OBS: Thx for try to help
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 1st 2013, 1:08 am

Could it be that another administrator is doing this things for this member, or this member has the log in information of another administrator?

Incomprehensible problems on forum system?! Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf April 1st 2013, 3:45 am

SLGray wrote:Did this member get removed from the group in the administration panel? Usually removing members from a group from the usergroups page will not really remove them.

The forum has only three administrators: me, Douglas and Renan.I really trust them, and on administrator's log doesn't appears anyone stranger action.
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by tdbnz April 1st 2013, 5:23 am

Ip address ban account

set forum up so when a users regisiter's they have to wait to a admin accepts their account on the forum
tdbnz
tdbnz
Forumember

Male Posts : 202
Language : english

http://warezgeeks.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf April 1st 2013, 5:36 am

tdbnz wrote:Ip address ban account

set forum up so when a users regisiter's they have to wait to a admin accepts their account on the forum
more than 100 new users sign up on the forum by day, we don't have time to accept one by one '-' and we'll lose users if make him wait for accept
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ April 1st 2013, 5:53 am

Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Decoder_Ppf April 1st 2013, 6:13 am

Sir Chivas™ wrote:Well, the only things I can say is prepare yourself because I don't think there is anyother way to stop this.
This is the reason i create the topic '-' to get help from administrators for they verify if the forumotion's system has some vulnerability
Decoder_Ppf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Chivas™ April 1st 2013, 6:35 am

The Pro-Admin will be back probably until Tuesday, so till then be patient, thanks.
Sir Chivas™
Sir Chivas™
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 6983
Language : EN, FR, ES

https://aforums.org

Back to top Go down

Post by tdbnz April 1st 2013, 7:14 am

send request to him only admin or mod can get pro admin
tdbnz
tdbnz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 1st 2013, 8:04 am

Hello,

A user can put yourself and another persons as moderator on the chat (i don't know if he use a code, but they don't have any permission as adminitrator), he can withdraw persons from staffs group, alter the profile from another persons and move topics as a moderator too.
This can only be possible if he gets access to the accounts of the members or the staff members/group moderators(of a group), it may be that he is able to crack the password of those members/staff members, we always suggest having strong passwords of having at least 10 or more characters with different characters,symbols & letters to avoid this. Wink
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by tdbnz April 1st 2013, 8:47 am

Tell every one on your forum to change passwords make passwords more then 10 characters long and do not share your password around

other wise you will get trouble on your forum if you do it

besides my forum been hacked before to and never toldmy password to anyone so forumotions is able to be hacked easy

I see

tdbnz
tdbnz
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy April 1st 2013, 8:51 am

tdbnz wrote:besides my forum been hacked before to and never toldmy password to anyone so forumotions is able to be hacked easy

I see
This will only happen if you have a weak password or a hacker is able to guess it, also, if you are prone to visiting trap links(such as key logger, I guess) that a hacker may use to get your IP address and so know your passwords on different accounts.

You should read this for your security:
https://help.forumotion.com/t51-internet-security-on-your-forum-habits-to-be-avoided
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by tdbnz April 1st 2013, 9:35 am

nope changed my pass about 5 times this month due to hackings

once he make my site so i could not access it it was showing a white page and said hacked

I have now got it fixed so i am pleased hope the hacker goes a way every account he made been banned

He hacked the forum quite a few times i ask you guys for help a while ago but it would not work man

so far it stopped i changed my passwords etc on the forum now and so have my users changed their password all admins and mods have chaanged their passwords

But never Fear you can all ways back up forum to a earlier date via the founder tools

my hacker created Jack that hacked my site made a white screen on the forum it was made did not matter what forum url i out it it was blank

he laughed at me and it also said hacked ha ha

He though he got me I went to the forum tools went in the back door

then i could not figure out what happened LOL

so i got a help on this forum and he fixed it it was coding that he did on the forum that showed the white page on the forum

MMMM

All is well now I followed every step to ensure my site protected and to me it protected etc]

It not hte first time this guy hacked the forum it done it beforre he has created account and i banned them he has hacked 2 other users accounts there as well

both where my friends and they said they never given out there password to him

Ip Banning him no good you ip bann him ban part of the email address etc

then he can't access site but hang on he use's a proxy server then he can get back on the forum etc and do his bad stuff again

besides he using different locations to access the website you never be able to stop him

ENSURE YOUR SAFTEY BACK UP ALL CODES you code on your forum as many of my codes have gone due to the hackings as he deletes them

My administrator went made at me and though it was be that was doing it until one day i was in bed the forum got messed up he saw it and got mad

Forumotion not to bad never let this happen to you thanks to the admin's/mod's/and pro admins

for your help this hacker will return to my forum i can just fell it going to happen again

his mate that use the forum are also banned and I changed my url of my forum about 5 times but he still finds it

My site ok now Put your forum under construction ok

restore your forum via the forum tools and do your best

even delete user if you have to on the forum

How is he gaining access it most probleley a skilled hacker like the one hacked my site

Try your best if it gets out of hand to much go to the police and the police will deal with it

i almost went to the police about hacking on my site but i will go to the police if hackings occur again onmy forum

my passwords where never stole by a keylogger as he over the other side of the world and he can't get it though a keylocker so yea

protect your self and be propared like me

tdbnz
tdbnz
Forumember

Back to top Go down