The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Member of My Forum has trouble logging on

3 posters

Go down

Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Empty Member of My Forum has trouble logging on

Post by Glad E Olah April 28th 2013, 11:33 pm

One of my members has tried several times to log in and finally did so.

He could not understand why he was getting the following message and frankly I don't understand either. I personally have never read the message before:

"What is happening----tried to log in 4 times---hopeless...this is what i get ????

We have detected suspicious activity related to your account. To unblock it, please click here and complete the form.

Click here to return to the Index"

Not sure if he followed the click to unblock or not. Why would a member get that message he has never caused my forum any trouble?
Glad E Olah
Glad E Olah
Forumember

Female Posts : 216
Language : English

http://shoutaroundtheworld.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Empty Re: Member of My Forum has trouble logging on

Post by Ape April 29th 2013, 1:25 am

Hello there Glad E Olah.

Is the problem still with your member?
i ask this as some names are now on our spam filters and it can become a problem to you and your members.

If you find that any of your members have this problem you will need to give the following information in a pm to the head admins here.

Code:
[color=black]Email address of member:[/color]
[color=black]Username on your forum:[/color]
[color=black]Screen shot of the Warning gave:[/color]
[color=black]URL of your forum:
IP address if to hand:[/color]

NOTE: head your pm Suspicious activity and Do not post any other this info in the main forum.
This link may also help
https://help.forumotion.com/t106781-information-only-topicmember-reporting-being-blocked-suspicious-activity-advice-please

Note as I am told the Pro admin Leeloo is no longer with us so the info should be sent to Sanket >> Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Icon_user_profile_en

I hope this info will help and you get this fixed soon

Ape Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Ascaso
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Empty Re: Member of My Forum has trouble logging on

Post by Guest April 29th 2013, 2:41 am

Glad E Olah wrote:One of my members has tried several times to log in and finally did so.

He could not understand why he was getting the following message and frankly I don't understand either. I personally have never read the message before:

"What is happening----tried to log in 4 times---hopeless...this is what i get ????

We have detected suspicious activity related to your account. To unblock it, please click here and complete the form.

Not sure if he followed the click to unblock or not. Why would a member get that message he has never caused my forum any trouble?
I am very sorry to hear your members are having this problem. There seems to be new threads on this forum every week from another Forumotion forum admin who say their members are blocked.

The problem is to do with the Online Guardian spam filter,which is one of the plugins installed on all FM forums. Unfortunately this cannot be disabled by forum founders or admins.

I take it your members is getting captchpa that he cannot fill in. This is the problem,that other people who have been blocked have had. As the problem is that the captcha is not working, as there is a bug in the plugin in.

You could try changing the members username as that could be what's being blocked. If he is still blocked after that.Then you will have to go to The Godfather who is one of the Forumotion staff here,and he can unblock that members IP,and email address.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray April 29th 2013, 3:55 am

Glad E Olah wrote:One of my members has tried several times to log in and finally did so.

Please don't use bold or color. Please keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.

Member of My Forum has trouble logging on Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum