(Only Topic!) New Editor

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT on June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.

Smiley Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892

For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }
TWYLYGHT
TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

View user profile http://taggersrealm.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:16 am

Try posting the content here on this forum?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 on June 14th 2013, 11:18 am

덥다더워 대낮부터 피곤하게하는군.... 우째 이리 무책임할까..
Translation:
It's really hot. It's been running me down from the middle of the day. Why on earth so irresponsible?
Source: Jungwoo Twitter Account
Translated by: Higara @ SofL Forum
mioshi11
mioshi11
Forumember

Male Posts : 153
Language : english

View user profile http://lovefx.forumtl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:19 am

Translation:
It's really hot. It's been running me down from the middle of the day. Why on earth so irresponsible?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:22 am

Translation:

Edit: Does not seem to be a problem to me.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 on June 14th 2013, 11:23 am

whats next?? thene?
mioshi11
mioshi11
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:25 am

First choose the justification. In your case its centered. After that copy paste the text, see if its working for you.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline on June 14th 2013, 11:34 am

OK new problem today:

We can't give a reply to a quote anymore: if I press 'quote' the cursor stays in the quote and we can't typ below the quote.
Yesterday this wasn't a problem.

Please help...

Caroline
Caroline
Forumember

Female Posts : 146
Language : Dutch

View user profile http://pspdreamland.actieforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 11:38 am

Caroline a you might be knowing, they must be trying to fix the issues. So it might be one of the issues. Please be patient.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caroline on June 14th 2013, 12:00 pm

OK, thank you Sanket!

Caroline
Caroline
Forumember

Female Posts : 146
Language : Dutch

View user profile http://pspdreamland.actieforum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by viankova on June 14th 2013, 12:02 pm

Hello, guys

I have that problem. How can I fix it.

There is no editor, just this.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 110
viankova
viankova
Forumember

Female Posts : 138
Language : Sumen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket on June 14th 2013, 12:07 pm

@viankova wrote:Hello, guys

Please follow this thread.
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Menos on June 14th 2013, 12:38 pm

2 things that I want to change.

1) I want to remove the white boarder and put a picture in it's place.. (so it can be the same as the rest of my background).

2) I would also like the boxes to be in a nicer position then they are now.. Probably if I make the Editor wider.. it will fix the problem.

Screenshot:

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 Bez_na10

Menos
Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 383
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

View user profile http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mioshi11 on June 14th 2013, 12:45 pm

Thank you sunket hope the bugs in the new editor will solve now ^^

Still waiting for more improvements and update
mioshi11
mioshi11
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on June 14th 2013, 12:56 pm

@Caroline wrote:OK new problem today:

We can't give a reply to a quote anymore: if I press 'quote' the cursor stays in the quote and we can't typ below the quote.
Yesterday this wasn't a problem.

Please help...

Caroline

All you have to do is click on the switch editor mode then you can type under the quote tag like normal Very good

@Sanket wrote:
@viankova wrote:Hello, guys

Please follow this thread.
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum

I noticed on my test forums for punbb and phpbb2 if you delete the template posting_body it fixes the problem automatically. if you do not have a red xnext to the template, the go to the template and add anything at the top, click save then go publish, after you publish it then delete the template and should go to the new default thus fixing the problem. like i said it worked for me on two of my test forums that was messed up at first.

It was a easy fix. Cool

@Menos wrote:2 things that I want to change.

1) I want to remove the white boarder and put a picture in it's place.. (so it can be the same as the rest of my background).

2) I would also like the boxes to be in a nicer position then they are now.. Probably if I make the Editor wider.. it will fix the problem.

Screenshot:

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 Bez_na10

Um you will have to give it a few days until the editor bugs are gone and working correctly, then you can post this in mange your forums appearance problems. Right now the main objective is to get the editor working correctly, once that's sorted then we can start t go in to how to perhaps modify it's appearances. Smile

Last edited by kirk on June 14th 2013, 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia on June 14th 2013, 1:10 pm

I am not worried about the cosmetic appearance of the new editor but I am looking forward to it settling down without the teething problems.  Some of my members still cannot use the smilies and others can.  Some cannot send PMs and others can.

Can someone please explain to me why the glitches do not affect all of my members all of the time but seem to be random to certain members.  Is it the site or their PC?
alicia
alicia
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on June 14th 2013, 1:17 pm

@alicia wrote:I am not worried about the cosmetic appearance of the new editor but I am looking forward to it settling down without the teething problems.  Some of my members still cannot use the smilies and others can.  Some cannot send PMs and others can.

Can someone please explain to me why the glitches do not affect all of my members all of the time but seem to be random to certain members.  Is it the site or their PC?

It is most likely their side. I've found out from conducting a test that users using Internet Explorer may not be able to send PMs while users using different browsers can.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

View user profile http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ElenaRPG on June 14th 2013, 1:18 pm

I'm sorry but the new editor is terrible. I know the forumotion-team works a lot, but it is not work...! OK, beta version, but... temporarily I and people will go mad... 
The signatures don't work, because it doesn't accept the CSS (border; border-radius; width; height; opacity; etc) codes at signatures. The quotes function is awful, we don't answer regulalry to each other. And the text-editor make a hash of codes, what we'd like to spend in the post... TT
ElenaRPG
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Language : deutsch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk on June 14th 2013, 1:36 pm

@alicia wrote:I am not worried about the cosmetic appearance of the new editor but I am looking forward to it settling down without the teething problems.  Some of my members still cannot use the smilies and others can.  Some cannot send PMs and others can.

i would suggest telling your members to have it switched off from editor mode so then can just see the plain bbcode. it seems to work better this way without any bugs.

Note to all forum holders experiencing problems with the editor

For those that are having problems with your forum members complaining. I suggest that you post this in an announcement on your forums and tell them that forumotion has just added a new editor and may be a couple days until the bugs are worked out. You may also want to send out a mass email to inform members of the situation as well.
For those that may be able to afford doing this, perhaps put your forum in construction for a day or two until the problem is worked out. I am not saying this is a soultion to put your forum in construction. I am merely making a suggestion for those of you that may be able to do this. We understand this is frustrating and do apologize for any inconvenience.
We have had things happen in the past with bugs with large only topic threads as this one and forumotion always manages to fix the problems.I can ensure you forumotion techs are doing all they can to get all fixed as fast as they can

For phpbb2 and punbb users try deleting your posting_body template.

Admin panel>display>templates>Post & Private Messages>posting_body template.

If you have a red X next to it now. simply delete it and check your editor.

If you do not have a red X. the open the template and put anything at the top. a letter a number anything and hit save. now go back and publish it. once it is published, then delete the template and it should bring up to it's new default. i have done this on two of my test forums and worked fine. one for phpbb2 and one for punbb.. then if that dose not work we will do all we can until forumotion fully have the problem fixed.

Thank you Smile
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Suwun on June 14th 2013, 1:42 pm

Greetings!

I hope I found the right topic where I should include my message about the new editor. I have collected several bugs about the new editor, concerning coding and appearance problems too.

I have asked the members of the forum where I'm an administrator, and I've even asked an other forum's members, if they have found any bugs with the new post editor. I've collected many bugs from the members, and the ones I have experienced. Most of the members use firefox, chrome or opera.
I've tested all the bugs if I can experience them too. There are a few of them I found too, and a few of them I didn't. I still hope forumotion will make WYSIWYG editor optional again. The members of my forum really dislike it, it's making us a lot of trouble. *sighs* I wish forumotion will consider changing it back, at least until they are repairing the bugs.

Bugs in WYSIWYG mode:
  • The main problem is with the colors. All of the members use different colors in our forum, but if somebody - for example - forgets his/her color, and want to know it, he/she usually edits one of his/her previous post to see what color he/she uses. When you edit your post now, the color code just disappears. You can't track the color code back in WYSIWYG editor, nor in the simple editor mode. I have tested it myself, my color code is gone too. I can only see the justify code in my post. If you press the send button after you open your post for editing, the color is gone in your post.
  • Coloring a post is just simply painful. Sometimes the editor doesn't get the color neither in WYSIWYG, nor in editor mode.
  • Sometimes when you want to edit your post, your post is gone. You press the edit button, and you can't see your post. It's just gone. It have happened when a member wanted to correct a typo.
  • Not really a bug, but it does bother me. My browser have crashed many times. I'm using firefox now. The worse is, that my post doesn't recover. I'm using lazarus, so when my browser crushes, I can still recover my post. Somehow lazarus doesn't work on WYSIWYG editor. At least, it does not work for me.

Bugs in editor mode:
  • It happens on my forum where there is a CSS code for the post editor. We use it to have dark background color for the input, and a light color for the text itself. If we change to editor mode, the background remains dark, but the text is black. We don't want to change the background color back to a lighter color, because the CSS code is needed to our chatbox too. Our members use light colors in the chatbox, and changing the background back would make the text unreadable. The CSS code doesn't effect the wySIWYG editor.
  • Problems with the order of the codes. I haven't experienced it myself, but other members of both forum do. For example, when you type [ center ] code at first, and you use [ b ] after it, it works, but if you change the order, it doesn't. I have tested it myself, but I didn't see any difference, nor an other member I have asked to test it, but he recognized the bug with the font size, font type and color codes.
  • HTML coding doesn't work properly. When you add a link with html, sometimes it doesn't function the way it should. We have discovered that it is fixed, if you write http:// before the link, but it's not working with simply typing www. It wasn't a problem before the change of the editor.

We have also recognized that some special characters don't work in the chatbox. For example, ♥ or €. It happened a few weeks ago. They only don't show up in the chatbox.

I have asked the members on both forums that if they still experience something, they should let me know. If anything else come up, I'll write to the topic again.

My forum link: http://bleachszerpjatek.forumotion.net/forum
We are using phpBB2. We do not have modified templates.

Since I'm only a simple member on the other forum, I won't provide link to the other forum, only, if any administrator asks me. I hope it's not a problem. ^^"
Suwun

Female Posts : 15
Language : Hungarian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk on June 14th 2013, 2:18 pm

Well, Chrome isn't exactly bug free. While testing it, it froze. First time I created the thread, no problem. Then when I replied to it and using Preview to see how it would look, problem. It became sticky and then it hanged for 20-25 seconds. Then it resolved itself allowing me to reply as Previewed.

I don't know if having IE7 installed with my XP is part of the reason why Chrome hanged. I don't use IE7 because its awful compared to Chrome. Yet it is better than IE8 lol. I understand IE7 users are having issues with this new Editor. So maybe my experience might shed light to the problem which is rooted in IE7. Doesn't matter whether you use it or not, it might affect this new feature.
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by angel_of_night on June 14th 2013, 2:52 pm

battuvuong wrote:
@angel_of_night wrote:
@angel_of_night wrote:The default color is still white though...

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 E5FPCn7

Someone tell me how to change the default color white please... >.<

In the javascript:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p240-only-topic-new-editor#831186

You change code #DDD
Code:
body,html,p,table{background:#333!important;color:#DDD!important}
Still appears white....
Only happends in the quick reply mode on.
Anyone knows how to solve my problem?
angel_of_night
angel_of_night
Forumember

Female Posts : 565
Language : portuguese

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daisi2 on June 14th 2013, 3:00 pm

So is there no chance that we could have an option to revert back to the old editor as the majority of people seem to want?  The old one worked properly, looked better and was almost bug free.
Daisi2
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by paor on June 14th 2013, 3:21 pm

quick replay on my forum looks like...wtf...cache cleared
tnx

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 14-06_10
paor
Forumember

Language : Croatian

View user profile http://poljoprivredni-forum.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by SophieDophs on June 14th 2013, 3:27 pm

@paor wrote:quick replay on my forum looks like...wtf...cache cleared
tnx

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 14-06_10

The quick reply on my forum is okay, here's a screenshot of mine:

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 Untitl10
SophieDophs
SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 375

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by laurielurcher on June 14th 2013, 3:49 pm

Now we cant use quotes as it then makes everything we post included in the quoted post.  The cursor will not move out of the quote. we are in version 3.  and my members can't pm and the smiles come out as text and not pictures.
laurielurcher
Forumember

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by christien on June 14th 2013, 3:55 pm

we also cant use quotes and click on the switch editor mode doesn't work
christien
Forumember

Female Posts : 97
Language : Dutch-eng.

View user profile http://seeyoufriends.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by EP3577 on June 14th 2013, 4:01 pm

Please help me with the following problems:

1. How to change the default font color in WYSIWYG mode
2. How to change the toolbar color without changing the width

Thank you
EP3577

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bokssha on June 14th 2013, 4:14 pm

Quote dont work for me also.
 That is only problem that I have with this new editor.And preview of
  smiles,ofc.
Bokssha
Bokssha
Forumember

Female Posts : 158
Language : Serbian

View user profile http://drekavac.serbianforum.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by angel_of_night on June 14th 2013, 4:56 pm

@EP3577 wrote:Please help me with the following problems:

1. How to change the default font color in WYSIWYG mode
Need help with this as well.

@Bokssha wrote:Quote dont work for me also.
 That is only problem that I have with this new editor.And preview of
  smiles,ofc.
Quote works for me, but for some reason gives 2 spaces between sentences.
EDIT: nevermind, quote in WYSIWYG mode doesn't work for me either. Cannot type there at all.

Last edited by angel_of_night on June 14th 2013, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
angel_of_night
angel_of_night
Forumember

Female Posts : 565
Language : portuguese

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tedyblue on June 14th 2013, 5:06 pm

I have a problem with the new editor. 

It's perfect in quick reply, but when I click "Preview" is like this.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 13 1nd10
tedyblue
tedyblue
Forumember

Female Posts : 73
Language : Bulgarian, English

View user profile http://deeper-than-blood.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 34 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23 ... 34  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum