The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Only Topic!) New Editor

+162
Gothboy77
sfoop
Kryn Cluskio
Aimrys
hardcoreminx
chouzouris
EmmaSP
Duff4r
tony_h
luiz187
bob77707
Charisma Clash
Eloaene
tommycoo
Donna2
Kalliopi
REDDWOLF22
Alvega
pete c (kiwireddevil)
Cassius Dio
forumadminewbie
jefgold
koljach
outlaw105w
Mr. Ganesha
susie25
Niko
Rob Lucci
teres
mata lelaki
PrcBby
rivperformance
Mr MattM
sonja ss
F1CT1C10U5
DestinysGrace
Sonowske
G4RB4G3
socialize
Brooksy118
mitsomak
thames 300e
ob1
mrs dj
kelly123
thunderwagn
Darthberizing
The Highway Man
ipred
Savoury Muffin
sisterval
Su'i Namikaze
mer198261
Sandy000
boywonder
psjamie
FIB
Dampforum
Cikgu X
FALKO
Diana
tedyblue
paor
Suwun
kirk
viankova
Ultron's Vision
efbe
koimaster
Jophy
Kailyn
KM-Sage
ktelyn
Rixon
Elcee
Captain Hunk
EP3577
Erosaf
gabriel de lorges
SDR_Speedcuber
Ange Tuteur
Rukiafan
peter59
Akeno1
scubascaff
RsS.YuGi
Ahmed.K
VampireWicked
DelfI
Bokssha
alfa27
mangaka
Derri
Base
whitestarling1
Wind711
musket
JaysonAych
Menos
Topcat
puppycheese
Ina
melodiccolor
Joe 90
Muddle Manor
Anghell
Kimmy
mioshi11
Ape
SLGray
patiogardener
DK
Serenity Blades
Richardr
NickieM
anathema6205
Yun
19CenturyWBTS
DaDwarf
caliisto
levy
SophieDophs
HogwartsAcademy
Shainy
Caroline
Furious-Angel
MousEarz
0ldcat
oggbad
RedMomma5
lior1199
laurielurcher
Daisi2
joukaimokie
ElenaRPG
Sanket
MP3MP3
S-t-e-v-e-
Neymar1
Syndicate
Codyy
Kaoru Shiratori
Mr.EasyBB
runawayhorses
tugatech
Fender
Festina Lente
Martind Forlon
manunitedfanlive
christien
The Godfather
Made
Mr. Eddster
Zeedief
anastas95
angel_of_night
leonidas
Willyrka
Sir Chivas™
alicia
DecusEtVeritas
TWYLYGHT
166 posters

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next

Go down

In progress (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by TWYLYGHT June 12th 2013, 3:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Is there a way to opt of this new editor? If not is there a way to at least set the smiley's back to the old way. They are hard to see even with the mouse over feature. Any member we have with poor eye sight will not be able to use them. I ware glasses and it's hard for me to make head nor tails on the smileys.

Thanks in advance for a quick reply.

Edit:
A few solutions for the problems.

Smiley Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p60-only-topic-new-editor#830677

For the editor not appearing Problem:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124758-lost-my-new-text-editor-on-my-forum-the-fix#831689

For turning off the WYSYIWYG by default:
https://help.forumotion.com/t124664-language-issue-in-new-editor#830420

For the Quote problem, cursor still remaining in the Quote box

https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832889
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p600-only-topic-new-editor#832892

For changing the font color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838113

For changing the background color in the reply box [Working for phpbb2]
https://help.forumotion.com/t124671p960-only-topic-new-editor#838102

Currently the editor has bugs related to posting via mobile operating systems. Will advise not to use them, until they are fixed. Regret the Inconvenience.

Regards,
Sanket

To add an image to the text editor, add this to your CSS:
Code:
 .sceditor-container iframe, .sceditor-container textarea {
          background-image:  url("IMAGE'S URL") !important;
          background-position:  center center !important;
          background-repeat:  no-repeat !important;
    }
TWYLYGHT
TWYLYGHT
Forumember

Language : ENGLISH

http://taggersrealm.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (Only Topic!) New Editor

Post by angel_of_night June 16th 2013, 4:01 pm

Code:
& n b s p ;
(remove all spaces)
angel_of_night
angel_of_night
Forumember

Female Posts : 565
Language : portuguese

Back to top Go down

Post by Willyrka June 16th 2013, 4:04 pm

And I have to add this to all my 200 smileys? XD Thanks for the idea, guys, but is there no way to fix this in the editor, like there was in the old version where spaces were automatically added?
Willyrka
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by manunitedfanlive June 16th 2013, 4:06 pm

No i mean mean you post a smiley on a post you do anytime, then next to it post the HTML code. Yes there was automatic spaces in the old editor
manunitedfanlive
manunitedfanlive
Forumember

Male Posts : 60

http://manunitedlive.englishboards.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB June 16th 2013, 4:18 pm

In the normal editor:) doing that won't work, but if you do Smile it will automatically parse. So tell your users once they see the smiley in the editor then they can be good. What a Face
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Language : HTML/CSS/JS/JQUERY/MOOTOOLS

http://www.avacweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by gabriel de lorges June 16th 2013, 5:06 pm

You know, this is all well and good for those who are interested in all these different work arounds, fixes and possible solutions. But my forum members are interested in talking about the topics of the forum, not how to do a lot of technical stuff, or how to fix this or fix that. Anyway, I continue to watch this topic here, for the benefit of our members there, and hope Forumotion is soon forthcoming with another update which will address this major malfunction of the forum software.
gabriel de lorges
gabriel de lorges

Male Posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by DelfI June 16th 2013, 5:18 pm

runawayhorses wrote:Some of you with these small bugs and errors with the editor should relax and quit trying to fix them, its still in beta and a lot of these issues you're having will be addressed from the techs on server side in time. The big issues like not being able to post understandably need a quick or temporary fit.

Trying to fix these small issues yourself could be pointless and actually work against you when they come around to fixing it.

Your fix could be the very reason why it won't work after they fix it. Get my point?

Hello running horses, I see you are punbb too. Do you have a full editor on your forum yet? I just have a blank box for everything but the quick reply. I couldn't find some of the codes and am afraid to default my template..... I'm not very good at this code stuff yet. Anyway, Thanks Smile
DelfI

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by ob1 June 16th 2013, 6:19 pm

I don't want to "double post"...but my post is getting burried in this HUGE thread with no response.  I know almost everyone hates the new editor as much as I do....but my members are completely handicapped right now.  Not a small issue!  If someone could please respond to my question I can move forward.  Better yet, ditch the new editor as an utter failure causing way too many problems for members.
ob1
ob1
Forumember

Male Posts : 60

http://www.gravitypirates.dust.tv

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 16th 2013, 7:09 pm

DelfI wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:Some of you with these small bugs and errors with the editor should relax and quit trying to fix them, its still in beta and a lot of these issues you're having will be addressed from the techs on server side in time. The big issues like not being able to post understandably need a quick or temporary fit.

Trying to fix these small issues yourself could be pointless and actually work against you when they come around to fixing it.

Your fix could be the very reason why it won't work after they fix it. Get my point?

Hello running horses, I see you are punbb too. Do you have a full editor on your forum yet?  I just have a blank box for everything but the quick reply. I  couldn't find some of the codes and am afraid to default my template..... I'm not very good at this code stuff yet. Anyway, Thanks Smile
Hi, yes my forum is punbb and it has the new full editor and everything is working perfectly with the exception of the "Quote" which right now puts the cursor in the yellow quote field just like some people are talking about here, everything else is working fine. I'm not the lest bit concerned about the little quote issue that will be fixed by the server technicians and will update automatically when they fix it.

My advice is to do nothing and wait for your forum to self update by the server with all the bugs fixed.
As I've stated before, if you fix it yourself now with codes, when the server updates your forum with the new "correct' fixes they provided, the codes you added trying to fix it might cause your forum to not work again with those same issues. If you let the server techs fix it you'll be better off.

Last edited by runawayhorses on June 16th 2013, 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2537

http://runawayhorses.alldiscussion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Menos June 16th 2013, 7:12 pm

runawayhorses wrote:My advice is to do nothing and wait for your forum to self update by the server with all the bugs fixed. As I've stated before if you fix it yourself now with codes when the server updates your forum with the new "correct' fixes they provided the codes you added trying to fix it might cause your forum to not work again with those same issues. If you let the server techs fix it you'll be better off.
If something like that can be done I would be more than satisfied!!
Can you predict when this would be possible??
Next couple of days?? Next week??
Menos
Menos
Forumember

Male Posts : 383
Language : Greek, English and Slovak

http://cbrxx.darkbb.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 16th 2013, 7:17 pm

ob1 wrote:I don't want to "double post"...but my post is getting burried in this HUGE thread with no response.  I know almost everyone hates the new editor as much as I do....but my members are completely handicapped right now.  Not a small issue!  If someone could please respond to my question I can move forward.  Better yet, ditch the new editor as an utter failure causing way too many problems for members.
I'm sorry you are finding this all a big problem but we are stuck with this new editor, The problems are getting looked at by our tech staff over in France.
The problem is they do not work weekends unless a server problem comes to light.

as i said in one of my other posts FM are Not the only ones to bring out some thing that has small bugs that need to be corrected Microsoft and apple and other forums do the same thing.

Not everyone hates this new system!! we just don't like the bugs that have come with it, FM have to become bigger and better and not stay in the past with the dinosaurs the old editor was out dated and needed to be updated like all the other forums out there and once the bugs have been fixed witch they will then there is a lot more you can do to make your forums better and that's the truth.

When the admin's come back in the office there be working hard to get your problem and every other problem fixed as soon as they can. so please hold out until the end of the weekend and then see what the tech's have come up with. is only fair that you give them time to deal with your problem in hand .The staff here on this forum are just member like me and you and only give there time up for free to help you and the rest of 1000's of member that are having the same problems.

If the staff or helpers had some thing that could help you we would do it with out battering a eyelid. the staff here work hard on trying to fix problems and do a really good job at that.

so im asking you to just keep an eye on this thread and lets see what comes from the office on Monday.

Thank you
Ape

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Left1212(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Center11(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Right112
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Ape_b110
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 16th 2013, 7:46 pm

Menos wrote:
runawayhorses wrote:My advice is to do nothing and wait for your forum to self update by the server with all the bugs fixed. As I've stated before if you fix it yourself now with codes when the server updates your forum with the new "correct' fixes they provided the codes you added trying to fix it might cause your forum to not work again with those same issues. If you let the server techs fix it you'll be better off.
If something like that can be done I would be more than satisfied!!
Can you predict when this would be possible??
Next couple of days?? Next week??
The people that have gone overboard with editing the template and have a lot of javscripts running and have added and edited codes may never see there forums completely fixed by the server techs, because the technicians fixes don't apply to the modified forums where the people added codes themselves, those people are going to have to fix there forums manually just like the modified them, because they have altered there forums so much the fixes provided by the server technicians automatically don't work for them.

The "quote" issue is effecting all the forums including this one, that will be fixed by the server techs automatically, and the members forums that have not modified there forums too much will see this fix soon, maybe tomorrow sometime.

My forum template has not been edited and I have very little javascript running. There are 2 small havascripts running to be exact. That's why the editor works perfectly on my forum I believe.

Last edited by runawayhorses on June 16th 2013, 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 16th 2013, 7:53 pm

There is no time scale on when all the bugs will be fixed all i can say is the tech's are working on the problems and know all the problems that have come about in the last 48hrs. there is a list over on the french forum and there is nothing on this forum that is not already on the french forum.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Left1212(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Center11(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Right112
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Ape_b110
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddle Manor June 16th 2013, 8:29 pm

Here are some statements from the thread:

(May as well include the post directly above this as well.)

Base wrote:Unfortunately there is no update I can give at this moment in time. Hopefully we will be able to obtain an answer on Monday.

Sanket wrote:We understand your frustrations & wish we could help you out. I am not sure, if they will be working on weekends or not since we do not have any official word on anything yet.

APE wrote:I have word that the Quote problem is getting worked on and is in progress.

So please remain patient just a little longer (I can't see this getting done before the end of the weekend thou Sorry.)

Please have a nice weekend.

Ape Neutral

APE wrote:
The problems are getting looked at by our tech staff over in France.
The problem is they do not work weekends unless a server problem comes to light.

APE wrote:

When the admin's come back in the office there be working hard to get your problem and every other problem fixed as soon as they can. so please hold out until the end of the weekend and then see what the tech's have come up with. is only fair that you give them time to deal with your problem in hand .The staff here on this forum are just member like me and you and only give there time up for free to help you and the rest of 1000's of member that are having the same problems.

If the staff or helpers had some thing that could help you we would do it with out battering a eyelid. the staff here work hard on trying to fix problems and do a really good job at that.

so im asking you to just keep an eye on this thread and lets see what comes from the office on Monday.

Thank you
Ape

To me, at the moment, this is a much bigger issue than the text editor itself.

I'm not saying anything against the individuals that are quoted. I understand everyone is doing their best to be helpful and encouraging patience. However, there should not be this amount of confusion about whether or not anyone is even working on it. That, just by itself, is a really bad thing. Is it so much to ask that we receive solid answers from staff? It's one thing to have no notice of the beta launch. It's another thing entirely to be left in the dark for 5+ days while the thing crashes & burns. If they ARE working on it, does it take that much time to make just one official post to reassure their members?? (This would also keep their forum helpers from being put in such an akward position.)

Honestly it's feeling more & more like a weekend barbeque to me.

I really hope the staff of Forumotion appreciate just how helpful, supportive and intelligent their members are. Because I see members going above and beyond when it comes to helping everyone get through this. Kudos to all the helpful and concerned people out there putting in time they aren't required to put in for the sake of being helpful alone. Even on a weekend. Well done guys & gals.
Muddle Manor
Muddle Manor
Forumember

Language : English, fluent in Typo

http://muddlemanor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB June 16th 2013, 8:32 pm

I am sure once some of the technical issues are fixed we will be good. The quoting issue is due to the behalf of the techs, and it is a very simple fix so once they get to it we will be good. All they need is a line break after the blockquote because that is the issue I already talked to Sam about this (Sam is the creator of the whole script) and then really there is no big bug besides that. I mean some of you whom don't understand how to fix the templates will have issues and well it is fixable. Other than that I would like to see having some of the options for us, such as which buttons to display, and adding commands and new buttons to the toolbar and then I would be so thrilled for this as this code, as I've discussed with Sam has such a huge potential for everyone! And if you don't see that then you are blinded by updates. And if you looks through my old post I DESPISED this thing, and only because we had no say on this and it was so abrupt and so sudden. Though after constant reviewing and searching in the code I see a HUGE potential. I've already written codes to replace servimg completely with a NICE photo uploader/doc uploader. and it is amazing and all my members on my site love it. I also replace the colors with Spectrum Colors JavaScript and that is awesome to. All we can do right now is change commands to do other things, thing I would want the option to add commands to the toolbar and which order we would like them. Other than that I will be waiting.
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 16th 2013, 9:03 pm

Muddle Manor wrote:

If they ARE working on it, does it take that much time to make just one official post to reassure their members??  (This would also keep their forum helpers from being put in such an akward position.)

Honestly it's feeling more & more like a weekend barbeque to me.

I really hope the staff of Forumotion appreciate just how helpful, supportive and intelligent their members are.  Because I see members going above and beyond when it comes to helping everyone get through this.  Kudos to all the helpful and concerned people out there putting in time they aren't required to put in for the sake of being helpful alone.  Even on a weekend.  Well done guys & gals.
as a helper i'm not staff so even if the staff room was to get a post in it i can not give any other info other than what i read in the french forum. but i keep an eye on that just to give you feedback if it comes to hand.

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the staff and helpers here it's really nice to see some one cares about what we d for the members Not only the helpers but the really good members then self do a really good job keeping the forum problems down to a minimum,

Thank you  Muddle Manor Not to forget Mr.EasyBB for all he's help (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Smileys-beer-835181Have a beer on me Wink

Ape
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Muddle Manor June 16th 2013, 9:14 pm

Woo hoo beeeerz!  Thank you, Ape!  (Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Smileys-beer-835181

And you're welcome, of course. I do appreciate the time and effort you and others are putting in for free. And Mr.EasyBB and others who share his wealth of know-how? Simply amazing. Sometimes I think it's you guys that really keep this place singing! fufufu
Muddle Manor
Muddle Manor
Forumember

Language : English, fluent in Typo

http://muddlemanor.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksy118 June 16th 2013, 9:36 pm

Our forum members are having issues when quoting, as their own post is being included in the quote - they can't get the cursor out of the quote field.
Brooksy118
Forumember

Male Posts : 84

http://surreynewmini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KM-Sage June 16th 2013, 10:04 pm

How do you change the text default color? Right now my the box is block, but the text is still black.

div.sceditor-container,#C2C19F{width:100%!important}
form[name="post"] textarea,form[name="post"] iframe{width:calc(100% - 10px)!important;background:#000!important;}
form[name="post"] div[class|="sceditor"],div.sceditor-dropdown{background-color:#480303;border-color:#480303!important}
.sceditor-button.active,.sceditor-button.hover,.sceditor-button:active,.sceditor-button:hover{background:#E6E2AD!important;box-shadow:0 0 0 transparent!important;border-color:#E6E2AD!important}
div.sceditor-group,div.sceditor-dropdown{border:1px outset #C2C19F!important;background:#c2c2c2!important;box-shadow:0 0 1px #C2C19F!important}
div.sceditor-dropdown .button{border:1px outset ##C2C19F!important;background:##C2C19F!important}
form[name="post"] textarea,div.sceditor-dropdown input,div.sceditor-dropdown textarea{background:#C2C19F!important;border:1px inset #C2C19F!important;color:#C2C19F!important}
div.sceditor-dropdown .button:hover{border-style:inset!important}
.sceditor-color-option:hover:after{width:20px;height:20px;display:block;background:inherit;content:" ";position:absolute;top:-24px;left:2px;border:1px solid #FFF}
.sceditor-emoticons > div{max-height:200px;overflow-y:scroll}
.sceditor-emoticons > div > img{left:auto!important;top:-38px!important;right:-8px;background:#C2C19F;border:1px solid #C2C19F;padding:5px}
KM-Sage
Forumember

Back to top Go down

In progress BBcodes not working on new editor....

Post by socialize June 16th 2013, 10:04 pm

I tried posting this on my topics for alerting my members. For odd reason it's formatting it to a code to copy and paste. I also inserted unformatted text, but it's showing me a white border. and not Figure 1.

Code:
[table style="background:
url('http://cdn3.iconfinder.com/data/icons/fatcow/32x32_0400/error.png')
 no-repeat 6px #ffeaa9; border: 1px solid #f9b516; color: #9F6000;
padding: 6px 6px 6px 40px; width: 99%; text-shadow: 0 1px 0 #FFFAF1;
box-shadow: 0 0 0 1px rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.2) inset; font-weight: bold;
 border-radius: 3px 3px 3px 3px;"][tr][td]Content goes here...Content
goes here...Content goes here...Content goes here...Content goes
here...Content goes here... [/td][/tr][/table]

Figure.1 (screenshot because that's the only way to make the BBcode work as of right now. Don't you guys have any problems? You use this handle BBcode a lot.
(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 W7zTJ0L
socialize
socialize
Forumember

Male Posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 16th 2013, 10:43 pm

If are some more tips that might solve some of your issues:

check any codes that modify the text editor that you had before the new one was installed.

When I removed mine, many of my issues disappeared.

Example:
I had a quick reply toggler code.  When I removed it, some issues were resolved.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by socialize June 16th 2013, 11:05 pm

SLGray wrote:If are some more tips that might solve some of your issues:

check any codes that modify the text editor that you had before the new one was installed.

Example:
I had a quick reply toggler code.  When I removed it, some issues were resolved.

what are the tips?Very Happy
socialize
socialize
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 16th 2013, 11:09 pm

socialize wrote:
SLGray wrote:If are some more tips that might solve some of your issues:

Example:

what are the tips?Very Happy
Check any codes that modify the text editor that you had before the new one was installed.

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by KM-Sage June 16th 2013, 11:13 pm

Can you provide me with a code line that will allow me to have a default text color?
KM-Sage
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by runawayhorses June 16th 2013, 11:18 pm

Mr.EasyBB wrote:  I've discussed with Sam has such a huge potential for everyone! And if you don't see that then you are blinded by updates.
I think for most people that are having problems with the editor are not concerned about potential modification possibilities, they are more concerned about getting the editor to work right in its default state, as they should be. Later after its work correctly then and only then should anyone consider modifying the editor or anything else in the forum. That means waiting for the editor to come out of its beta version.

Making modifications now is putting the cart before the horse, if you pardon the pun *twice*. lol
runawayhorses
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by socialize June 16th 2013, 11:33 pm

EDIT: It's phpbb3 not the editor with the BBcodes. I switch to punBB Smile

EDIT#2: Okay it's the editor.....
socialize
socialize
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Hunk June 17th 2013, 12:46 am

runawayhorses wrote:
Mr.EasyBB wrote:  I've discussed with Sam has such a huge potential for everyone! And if you don't see that then you are blinded by updates.
I think for most people that are having problems with the editor are not concerned about potential modification possibilities, they are more concerned about getting the editor to work right in its default state, as they should be. Later after its work correctly then and only then should anyone consider modifying the editor or anything else in the forum. That means waiting for the editor to come out of its beta version.

Making modifications now is putting the cart before the horse, if you pardon the pun *twice*. lol

Here, here. Better off leaving it alone. Haste makes waste. We encountered some bugs in this support forum that uses phpBB. It can inexplicably make members who logged in to become as guests while doing something normal with the forum. In truth they are still logged in as members. But for some reason, server sees same registered user as Member and Guest. That's just weird. Would a simple registry cleanup solve this problem? Not only would each member need to clear their browser and run a registry cleanup for their comp, so would FM need to do the same.

If you use Chrome like I do, go to Tools, select Clear browsing data, and select from the beginning of time. Close the launcher and relaunch it. IE users clear it all including any Add-ons. Point is, clear it all. Then log into your forum and see if it improved or not. I don't think everyone has cleared them or even know how to. Most people just assume their utility took care of it. Not always. So here's your chance to learn how. And Kudos to those who do know how and are in the habit of keep their computer at the highest optimal range. salut
Captain Hunk
Captain Hunk
Forumember

Male Posts : 130

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape June 17th 2013, 1:02 am

Brooksy118 wrote:Our forum members are having issues when quoting, as their own post is being included in the quote - they can't get the cursor out of the quote field.

Hello,
This bug is already reported to out tech's and they are dealing with it.
There is a way around this that you may want to use for now until the bug has been fixed,
The step is easy,
When you click the quote button on your forum you should see your Quoted post in a box at the top of the editor.
To start typing you will need to click here

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 112a10

once you have clicked there you will then have the code "[/quote]" at the end of that is where you should enter your text  once you have typed 2 or 3 letters lick that icon again and you can carry on typing again

I hope this helps you until we can get the bug fixed.

Your Friendly Helper Ape Neutral
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksy118 June 17th 2013, 1:28 am

APE wrote:Hello,
This bug is already reported to out tech's and they are dealing with it.
There is a way around this that you may want to use for now until the bug has been fixed,
The step is easy,
When you click the quote button on your forum you should see your Quoted post in a box at the top of the editor.
To start typing you will need to click here

(Only Topic!) New Editor - Page 19 112a10

once you have clicked there you will then have the code "
" at the end of that is where you should enter your text  once you have typed 2 or 3 letters lick that icon again and you can carry on typing again

I hope this helps you until we can get the bug fixed.

Your Friendly Helper Ape Neutral

Thanks, that's good to know it's being looked into - I've already told our members to do this in the meantime Smile
Brooksy118
Forumember

Male Posts : 84

http://surreynewmini.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr.EasyBB June 17th 2013, 3:26 am

runawayhorses wrote:

Yes this is true my friend, though the quote issue is a very EASY fix, now if the Techs can't do it, then they shouldn't have that job huhohi though like stated it has great potential to those of whom say it should be removed, now I don't think it should be removed, though maybe an option and cleaning the code up as well. A list as follows

1. Minifing the larger scripts that should be like always 
  2. Taking the Cookie.js out of the toolbar since this adds it already
  3. Fixing the quote issue

Now these are the only bugs that I can potentially see, and one that I feel should be next in line is giving us the us an Advanced option, which then would open a textarea (like the stylesheet) with the constructor in it and we can edit the options and so forth like we want to. The smileys box also has some great options, though we don't know it because we are limited to the acts of FM, once again huhohi
Mr.EasyBB
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by DelfI June 17th 2013, 3:34 am

Thanks for the great new editor! Thanks to the helpful peeps who posted the smilies codes! Everything is working perfectly and my members are happy. Smile Solved
DelfI

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next