The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting for Domain to be Removed.

3 posters

Go down

In progress Waiting for Domain to be Removed.

Post by Dark Seed Thu Jun 13 2013, 08:31

We have well received your deletion request, it will be treated promptly.

I've been waiting almost 9 Hours for it to be removed, and It's still pending.

Can anyone give me a time range for this?

Promptly usally means ASAP Smile

Cheers!

Not Ranting =D
Dark Seed

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Waiting for Domain to be Removed.

Post by Sanket Thu Jun 13 2013, 11:20

Custom domain name you mean?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Seed Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:11

Yeah, I've just woken up and It's still pending, So that's roughly 18 Hours waiting so far...

Cheers
Dark Seed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Seed Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:35

I have my other domain all set up ready, Just waiting on you guys to remove the domain I purchased through you guys....
Dark Seed

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:40

other domain, you mean the sub domain you created the forum with? As far as your new one you should give it 24 to 48 hours.. should not be longer then 24 but know it first has to be approved. This is generally just a routine thing.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Seed Thu Jun 13 2013, 16:43

Kirk, I purchased a Domain through you guy's, and Now I'm deleting it and wanting to go back to the free domain... and then Add my Own Domain I purchased my self through GoDaddy.

It's still pending deletion after 18 Hours.
Dark Seed

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jun 13 2013, 17:13

Dark Seed wrote:Kirk, I purchased a Domain through you guy's, and Now I'm deleting it and wanting to go back to the free domain... and then Add my Own Domain I purchased my self through GoDaddy.

It's still pending deletion after 18 Hours.

Oh OK so you already had a domain you purchased and are deleting that one to go back to the sub-domain you created the forum with. Well OK it will still take some time give it at least 24 hours and may be even up to 48, usually it is not that long though.

Now as far as you getting a domain through go daddy, OK how do you plan on adding it to your forum? I think the only way to have a domain for your forumotion forum is if you get it through forumotion? However i am not 100% on that.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Seed Thu Jun 13 2013, 17:25

Pretty sure it can be done :

Your domain name  is already a customized domain name.
Domain Name :

Force the URL redirection : Yes  NoAll the old addresses of the forum  will be redirected towards the news 

Configuration of an external domain name.
When you choose the sub-domain which you wish to use on your forum (forum.my_domain, for example, is a sub-domain of my_domain), you have to create the corresponding CNAME entrance in the DNS administrator of your domain: a CNAME entrance allows to point an url towards the other one in a transparent way. in this way, you can link forum.my_domain to adress.my_forum.
Recorder of domains names have different interfaces, and thus different methods to create such CNAME.
However, in a general way, the process takes place as follows:

• Connect to your user account on the site of your domain name provider, and go to the DNS management.
  • Check that the chosen sub-domain is not already used.
  • In the generally entitled field "source", "origin", or "alias" enter the prefix of sub-domain (i.e. "Forum" if you want to use the sub-domain forum.my_domain).
  • In the generally entitled field "destination" or " target host ", enter the original url of your forum, adress.my_forum.
  • You will maybe have to inform the TTL (Time To Live): give the maximal possible value.

[color][font]
After validation, you should obtain a line of this type:
[/font][/color][th]CNAME[/th]
HostDirect towards
forum.my_domainadress.my_forum
[color][font]
An extern domain name configurated via a CNAME record doesn't have the option to force the redirection from the base URL to the domain name. You will be able to access the forum from both the URL of the forum and the URL of the domain name. Of course, we invite you to consult FAQs, even to contact your host support.[/font][/color]
Dark Seed

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk Thu Jun 13 2013, 17:42

okie Smile. dint remember that being there. i will look latter on one of my test forums.
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Back to top Go down