The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uploading pictures with new editor.

4 posters

Go down

In progress Uploading pictures with new editor.

Post by pumpkinhead 13/6/2013, 18:28

I used to upload pictures using imagebam and drag the bigger picture across into the image box using an apple mac . Now the new editor requires a URL code , I have tried copy and pasting all codes from imagebam into the new editor image section . All that uploads is the small version of the bigger picture .
Some help would be great ...........and I loath the new editor with a passion Evil or Very Mad
pumpkinhead

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Uploading pictures with new editor.

Post by Sanket 13/6/2013, 18:30

What is the URL you are adding?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMomma5 13/6/2013, 18:36

pumpkinhead wrote:I used to upload pictures using imagebam and drag the bigger picture across into the image box using an apple mac . Now the new editor requires a URL code , I have tried copy and pasting all codes from imagebam into the new editor image section . All that uploads is the small version of the bigger picture .
Some help would be great ...........and I loath the new editor with a passion Evil or Very Mad

Check your pre-sets for images in your Admin panel.  You can adjust the size of images that you want to allow on your forum there.  Go to General > Messages and Emails > Configuration.

Scroll down to "images resize" and add the maximum pixels for width and height in the boxes showing, click save.
RedMomma5
RedMomma5
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinhead 13/6/2013, 18:57

Thanx Sanket and RedMomma5 , I will check back with you after trying your valued info , Sanket , the imagebam code is URL BB code , I may be doing something very wrong in my attempts to upload , but will persist and thanx again guys n gals for the quick response
pumpkinhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 13/6/2013, 19:05

Please provide the code you add.
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinhead 13/6/2013, 19:27

Hey Guys , could someone give the protocols for uploading large pictures from Imagebam to a forumotion forum using the new editor .
Having just dragged the picture across from imagebam into the old editor image window , the new editor window requests a URL , I have tried all the codes , only to upload a thumbnail and everything is OK in the configuration , image resize admin section ?.

I can get used to the new editor , however not being able to upload full size pix is a nightmare , thanx to all for the info supplied so far . Maybe have a look at the imagebam site to veiw all the codes , they are driving me crazy Shocked Confused

http://www.imagebam.com/
pumpkinhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket 13/6/2013, 19:28

You are still not providing me with anything to work on. Confused
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Back to top Go down

Post by pumpkinhead 14/6/2013, 05:57

I am using img picturecode /img with brackets . This is doing the job . Thanx for all the help , this forum is a great help to everyone in times of problems of a forum nature .  salut
pumpkinhead

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy 14/6/2013, 06:35

It is only resized on the image editor, but when you post it using the [img][/img] tags, are the image's size back to normal? Is the issue solved?
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum