The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is there a way to turn off editor mode?

4 posters

Go down

is there a way to turn off editor mode? Empty is there a way to turn off editor mode?

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 14th 2013, 9:09 pm

this is killing my forum since the at least update i have lost over 1000 hits a day a lot of member are stay on facebook!!
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

is there a way to turn off editor mode? Empty Re: is there a way to turn off editor mode?

Post by SLGray June 14th 2013, 9:11 pm

If you mean turning off the new editor, it can not be turned off. You can switch editor modes by pressing the last button on the editor.

is there a way to turn off editor mode? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

is there a way to turn off editor mode? Empty Re: is there a way to turn off editor mode?

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 14th 2013, 9:14 pm

yea i know that but new members or people who not very clever on pc or phone wont and because of this they staying on facebook... and killing my all of my hard work i have put into my forum over 6/7 years
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray June 14th 2013, 9:19 pm

Post an announcment about the new editor and give a link to a post where you explain the situation.

is there a way to turn off editor mode? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rukiafan June 14th 2013, 9:20 pm

https://help.forumotion.com/t124815-there-might-be-a-temporary-way-to-return-to-the-old-text-editor#831934 I don't know firsthand if this'll work though and even if it does it could cause serious problems on your website, so I'd recommend not trying that method.
Rukiafan
Rukiafan
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- June 14th 2013, 9:22 pm

i shouldn't have too forumotion shouldn't release stuff that is'nt fully working
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by kirk June 14th 2013, 11:54 pm

Since when dose a editor have anything to do with hits?
If your getting a 1000 hits a day, then that tells me you have a good site and people want to be there. If you have a good site and they want to be there then they will return.

I suggest you post an announcement explaining your host had added a new feature and is working out the bugs ASAP.

If they are dedicated and like your site that much they will understand.  Other then there is nothing that can be done until forumotion sort this out. This is not the first time forumotion has had bugs or glitches with Newley added features and they always work it out.

With that said we already have an only topic for this. Please continue in that thread only for any updates or inquiries you may have. I can ensure all that forumotion techs are working hard to sort this out as soon as they can.

Thread now locked and can continue in the only topic for editor problems .
kirk
kirk
Forumaster

Male Posts : 11037
Language : English,Vulcan,Klingon, Romulan,& Gorn

Back to top Go down