The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature)

2 posters

Go down

In progress Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature)

Post by Guest July 5th 2013, 5:19 pm

Hi all,

Wondered if this setup has been changed again? I liked the new update changes with regards to the toolbar (as above as i type this text) and the resize feature to post an image from an external link. This feature was set to autosize the image with just the width field completed.

As of yesterday, my users have noticed when they upload images, suddenly they now distort. And the auto size feature of just putting a pixel size in the 'width' field no longer works.

Was this something that was altered? Is there an option to reinstate the constrained proportions on image uploads? It's a nightmare to guess the height until it looks right.

The alternative is to resize the photo in separate software, but seeing that constrained option was available a few days ago on the forum toolbar and now is not I wondered why it was changed or if there was a way to get it back?

Thanks,
Ash

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature)

Post by Sanket July 5th 2013, 8:32 pm

So you enter the width when you enter the image URL?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 8th 2013, 9:25 am

Hi Sanket,

Yes, some of the users will place slightly larger photos in, and then they did use the resize option, located below the URL. So their images were from their own hosted servers @ 2000px wide, and they were resizing then to 800 in forumotion, which was working fine until last week. Now it doesn't constrain the proportions.

Many thanks,
Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by Sanket July 8th 2013, 10:15 am

Forum URL please where such a image is added.

What happens when they don't enter 800 at all?
Sanket
Sanket
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 48766

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 9th 2013, 12:28 pm

If they don't add any dimensions then the image comes out full size. The problem is they are taking various photos with DSLRs. So the sizes are 2000 px plus in size.

The main issue is really, this wasn't a problem before, the forum automatically resized it when entering the values, and now it doesn't.

Or, is it only with native images it loses it's constrain properties? Do they have to be resized in a separate program first like photoshop?

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 9th 2013, 6:55 pm

Do you mean uploading/hosting an image or just posting an image in posts?

Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature) Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest July 10th 2013, 3:50 pm

Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature) Screen%20Shot%202013-07-10%20at%2014.39.45
I mean when you host an image in a post or post reply. Using the circled icon in the toolbar: If you insert a photo straight from a camera, DSLR (our forum users are doing this) the image does not auto constrain, it just distorts. But it never used to. They are uploading their images to dropbox and were typing in 800 in the width - which was fine.

But as mentioned, it no longer constrains. It's like they have to keep guessing the height until the image looks right. The images have to be at the correct proportions as there are very fine details that need to be seen in clarity to assess and give feedback.

Note: The reason they are making them smaller is because the image is coming straight from a DSLR (several pictures in one post, the forum users are Doctors and the images need to be smaller as full size they clip, and half the image is lost.

So I guess my question is: Is there a way to constrain the image? So it automatically sizes to the width, or height.

Any help would be fantastic.

Ash

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 10th 2013, 6:56 pm

Could you post a link to a topic that has images that should be resized that guests can see?

P.S. You keep saying toolbar, but you exactly mean the text editor. The toolbar is the thing at the top of the forum.

Uploading image on new toolbar (Autosize feature) Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum