The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Transfer of Domain

3 posters

Go down

Solved Transfer of Domain

Post by leonidas August 23rd 2013, 11:15 am

i already own a personalized domain name, purchased one from FM four years ago...

i now want to move to a new domain name which is privately registered thru GoDaddy...

is it possible?
leonidas
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Transfer of Domain

Post by Neptune- August 23rd 2013, 11:33 am

Hello !

Of course it is.

Tutorial is here.

In your case you need only to read first post.

Warning : Tutorial is outdated if you got for free your current domain name.

Do not send any private message to Leeloo, but send it to Sanket instead.
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Female Posts : 496
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

https://www.galaxie-series.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by jD August 24th 2013, 7:09 am

One issue with this is you require a certain amount of posts to PM, even to PM an admin, causing people who simply want to transfer domains to "SPAM" simply to be able to contact a staff member. In my opinion the way the support works around here is horrible and support should not be provided purely over a forum, you should definitely have a dedicated support section/tool. Is there any other way I can contact someone about transferring a domain without having to spam my way to the permissions to send a PM?

-jD
jD

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune- August 24th 2013, 7:46 am

jD wrote:One issue with this is you require a certain amount of posts to PM, even to PM an admin
Well, you need to open a topic (better than posting in someone else topic Wink ) -> That makes you 1 post.
Someone will tell you what to do, and maybe you will thank that person for his answer. So you'll send a second post.

2 posts and you can use PM.
This security prevents users to use PM without posting anything for spamming or advertising purposes.
Members can be banned more effectively if they send a single post with their IP and i dont think its really a problem to send 2 posts for guys who really need.

ForumOtion is completely free and having a dedicated support tool would have a cost.
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by jD August 24th 2013, 8:37 am

I know this is thread hijacking, but there are PLENTY of free and awesome support tools out there, even a 10$ Jira Installation would be all thats required! I'm not arguing with the fact against the 2 post for a PM (they could maybe remove that if you are PMing a Mod/Staff member), but they could atleast list a contact email SOMEWHERE. No where do they list one, not even in their whois record for their domain or their RIPE record for their hosting IP -.-

-jD
jD

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune- August 24th 2013, 9:05 am

Once they activated Contact link on french support board. Option has been removed maybe 1 hour later because...

Wont tell you why they were forced to remove it so fast Wink
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Back to top Go down